The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Applicants and FAQs 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Klaxoii
Thanks Vicky, just tried again and it's worked fine.

Great - glad to know it's sorted :smile:

Vicky
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Loughborough was my firm choice but when I went to reserve a room it didn't work because I was down as insurance on the system. By the time it all got sorted, none of the rooms left were suitable or appealed to me. I then submitted preferences instead and phoned the accommodation centre and told them about the mistake that had been made. They said they would do their best to ensure I got one of my preferences and that emails would start going out tomorrow (this was on Friday) but I'm still yet to hear anything and I was just wondering why this is?

Also, when does your room bond have to be paid by? 8 days after receiving your accommodation offer or 8 days after finding out you got into Loughborough?
Original post by heymynamesbella
Loughborough was my firm choice but when I went to reserve a room it didn't work because I was down as insurance on the system. By the time it all got sorted, none of the rooms left were suitable or appealed to me. I then submitted preferences instead and phoned the accommodation centre and told them about the mistake that had been made. They said they would do their best to ensure I got one of my preferences and that emails would start going out tomorrow (this was on Friday) but I'm still yet to hear anything and I was just wondering why this is?

Also, when does your room bond have to be paid by? 8 days after receiving your accommodation offer or 8 days after finding out you got into Loughborough?

Hi heymynamesbella

Preferences are going out on an ongoing basis so it's possible you've not had yours yet. However, because of the initial mix up, if you want to PM me your full name and UCAS ID, I can look in to it for you and find out what's happening.

Room bonds are payable within 8 days of receiving your accommodation offer.

Vicky
Original post by heymynamesbella

I'm trying to PM you, but you have chosen not to receive private messages so I can't send you the information on.

Vicky
Reply 384
Hello Vicky,

I got offered a place in Faraday Hall, was wondering how far from the school of arts (as I'm attending the art and design foundation course)?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Rana1
Hello Vicky,

I got offered a place in Faraday Hall, was wondering how far from the school of arts (as I'm attending the art and design foundation course)?

Thank you :smile:

Hi Rana1

Faraday is at the bottom end of the student village so probably about a 10 minute walk (depending on how quickly you walk) to School of the Arts.
If you go on to our campus map Faraday is here http://maps.lboro.ac.uk/?l=faraday-hall
And School of the Arts is here: http://maps.lboro.ac.uk/?l=edward-barnsley-building
It's really not that far.

Hope this helps
Vicky
Reply 386
Hi, do you know when roughly emails are sent out regarding receiving scholarships/bursaries (LSP in particular)? Thanks
Do halls have ironing facilities?

Also, I am received an offer to stay in Royce? How far is this from the Business school, student union, library and power base gym. Also, is it seen as a lively place to stay?

Thanks
Original post by Summit
Just applied for accommodation, hoping to stay at Butler Court or Royce! :h:

were you able to receive an offer for your preference? If not, I have a Royce Room available to swap
Original post by fbrep2012
were you able to receive an offer for your preference? If not, I have a Royce Room available to swap

Ensuite? I am waiting for Loughborough to get back to me. I should know something by the 25th.
Original post by Summit
Ensuite? I am waiting for Loughborough to get back to me. I should know something by the 25th.

hmm nope only standard...

Also, I am received an offer to stay in Royce? How far is this from the Business school, student union, library and power base gym. Also, is it seen as a lively place to stay?

Thanks

Hi fbrep2012

The only halls that have irons are Elvyn Richards, Hazlerigg Rutland, John Philips and Robert Bakewell. So if you're staying in Royce you'll have to bring your own iron.
Royce is right in the middle of the student village which is in the centre of campus.
Probably a 10 min walk or so to where you'd have your lectures (James France / Stewart Mason) so not too bad. There's always the free shuttle bus if you don't fancy the walk.
It is lively - here's what the students have to say about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT_PDlFZaxM

Vicky
Original post by 700c
Hi, do you know when roughly emails are sent out regarding receiving scholarships/bursaries (LSP in particular)? Thanks

Hi 700c

E-mails go out end of September/early October.

Vicky
Original post by iFreya
Hello!
I'm an international student and i'm wondering when would i receive my CAS so that i could proceed to apply for the tier4 visa?:K:

Hi iFreya

We aim to have the CAS e-mailed within 10 working days of you confirming your place. So they are being dealt with, they'll just take a few more days.

Vicky
Any semester 1 only students wanting to swap to my standard self-catered room in William Morris? Will swap for pretty much any catered hall. Rang up accommodation and turns out I can only swap with someone who is semester 1 only so pretty desperate for catered right now! Bit silly considering so many people in the loughborough freshers facebook group want self-catered but I can't swap with them :frown:
Random few questions. Confirmed offer at loughborough and faraday halls. Do irons get provided? If going fully catered (which still means cooking at the weekends) what kitchen facilities are there besides obvious microwave etc. is there a hob to cook on/saucepans? what about cooking utensils to bring for weekend cooking? Just don't want to double up on what already is provided. Most uni lists discuss items required for self catered places.

Has anyone checked out best bank/building societies for new students? i know Santander is on campus and offers student railcard but will they offer overdraft up to 1,000. Daily mail newspaper recommends Halifax which said they offer 3,000 but that isnt the case for 1st year students, they only offer up to 1,000.

THanks in advance. :smile:
Original post by Klaxoii
Thanks Vicky, just tried again and it's worked fine.

I had a similar issue, just left it for a day and it fixed itself. (which made my email asking for help redundant!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks

Hi fbrep2012

Just to correct my post about irons - I've since had different information and found out that all halls provide an iron and iron board, so no need to bring one.
Sorry for the confusion but at least toy don't have to bring one.

Vicky
Original post by rugbyhongkong
Random few questions. Confirmed offer at loughborough and faraday halls. Do irons get provided? If going fully catered (which still means cooking at the weekends) what kitchen facilities are there besides obvious microwave etc. is there a hob to cook on/saucepans? what about cooking utensils to bring for weekend cooking? Just don't want to double up on what already is provided. Most uni lists discuss items required for self catered places.

Has anyone checked out best bank/building societies for new students? i know Santander is on campus and offers student railcard but will they offer overdraft up to 1,000. Daily mail newspaper recommends Halifax which said they offer 3,000 but that isnt the case for 1st year students, they only offer up to 1,000.

THanks in advance. :smile:

Hi rugbyhongkong

Irons do get provided so one less thing to pack.

Here's a link to everything that's provided but to answer your questions, you get a kettle, toaster, combination microwave oven and an induction hob with pans.
You'll need to bring utensils.

Santander is on site, all other major banks are in the town centre, so you can take your pick after you've decided which is best for you.

Hope that helps
Vicky
Original post by stephthedreamer
Any semester 1 only students wanting to swap to my standard self-catered room in William Morris? Will swap for pretty much any catered hall. Rang up accommodation and turns out I can only swap with someone who is semester 1 only so pretty desperate for catered right now! Bit silly considering so many people in the loughborough freshers facebook group want self-catered but I can't swap with them :frown:

Hi, i've got a catered standard room in Royce would love a self catered hall close to engineering...so maybe we can swap!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending