The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Canterbury Christ Church accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Hello, I have been accepted with a conditional offer for Child Nursing to start this September :smile:
Does anyone have any information on where the majority of Nursing students stay in CCCU?
So whether we all stick together, or it is a mix of other graduates too?
What is Canterbury like as an area, and any general information about the Uni in itself! Thank you x
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by EllaHolmes
Hello, I have been accepted with a conditional offer for Child Nursing to start this September :smile:
Does anyone have any information on where the majority of Nursing students stay in CCCU?
So whether we all stick together, or it is a mix of other graduates too?
What is Canterbury like as an area, and any general information about the Uni in itself! Thank you x

If you join this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/523686884418527/ you are able to find people on your course and could find out there. Freshers week is WEEK 1: 13th-19th September, WEEK 2 (Main Freshers Week): 20th-26th September.

I haven't visited Canterbury yet, but I have heard its a nice area. I will also be going Canterbury but have a Unconditional offer studying Business.
Original post by Only1_deedee
If you join this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/523686884418527/ you are able to find people on your course and could find out there. Freshers week is WEEK 1: 13th-19th September, WEEK 2 (Main Freshers Week): 20th-26th September.

I haven't visited Canterbury yet, but I have heard its a nice area. I will also be going Canterbury but have a Unconditional offer studying Business.

Thanks, this is really helpful, didnt know when Freshers was - so that is good!! :smile: I will definitely check the Facebook page out - thanks!
Congratulations on the unconditional! Ella x
Original post by ellie203
Hello, ive been reading through all your comments, i'm starting this year but no one has seemed to mention North Holmes Road accommodation? What's it like there? I have applied for it for my first choice and im just wondering, do you think i can change it or is it too late? And what are peoples opinions about it?
Thank you :smile:

I would like to be in North Holmes road too! The outside looks nice, but havent been able to see inside. Look on the CCCU website and there are days coming up in August for people to visit (for those who had to go through clearing mainly) but I think I will be looking for a place to look around the accommodation on North Holmes campus :smile: its basically the accommodation available on site
Ella x
1 Room available in 7 bedroom house (all male students). 9 Church Street Canterbury (directly opposite University entrance) Only £350 per month not including bills.Availavble today Call 07769113085
Reply 45
On the accommodation website, it says that the uni accommodation contract is 40-47 weeks. How will we know how long our accommodation length will be? Does it depend on the course we are doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't fret about it. They'll let you know when you have to get out of accommodation when it comes round to it. Just means that you might be living in uni accommodation longer than the length of your course.

Original post by Jams97
On the accommodation website, it says that the uni accommodation contract is 40-47 weeks. How will we know how long our accommodation length will be? Does it depend on the course we are doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by georgiahorsley
Don't fret about it. They'll let you know when you have to get out of accommodation when it comes round to it. Just means that you might be living in uni accommodation longer than the length of your course.

Ok thanks, I was mainly worrying about the cost!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd 100% recommend putting down that you must have an ensuite when applying for accomodation on the extra bit at the bottom, as nearly every I spoke who asked for an ensuite and didn't get one, and the only people who did seemed to be the ones who specified that they wanted their own bathroom.
I'd 100% go for Parham, ASDA and Lidl are right next door, Sainsburys is a 10 minute walk away and campus is 15 minutes away
Hi David,
sorry this is over a year old thread but I was interested in how you found living in Parham Road? Myself and my boyfriend have applied for the "one bed flat" and the "standard superior suite" there. I'm just curious as to what the luxury of having the one bed flat over the other options are. Thank you so much if you ven bother to respond to this!!
Britt
Reply 50
Are you allowed boyfriends and stuff to stay over?
Original post by niketa.d
Are you allowed boyfriends and stuff to stay over?

Apparently, you're allowed one overnight guest for no longer than 2 nights in any 1 week and they have to sign in with the residency reception
Hello all,
My name is Line, I am 27 years old and from Norway. I will be studying Biosciences in CCCU from 19th September.
I am looking for a place to live, I was a bit late in my application and therefore I'm a bit worried about finding anything, so I thought I should ask here. :smile:
I prefer to share with non-smokers, as I have allergies, preferably also people who don't party too much.
Message me if you need to know more about me. :smile:

Also: I am not in the UK yet, but will arrive around the 9th or 10th of September for potential viewings. Any photos or information sent before this would be much appreciated!

Thank you!
:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by Penguins&Pandas
Apparently, you're allowed one overnight guest for no longer than 2 nights in any 1 week and they have to sign in with the residency reception

i know this is a few months late but was this the case in the end? as when I go uni here my boyfriend is planning to stay in his half terms
Original post by Jen_DP
i know this is a few months late but was this the case in the end? as when I go uni here my boyfriend is planning to stay in his half terms

Yeah pretty much.... Although you can get them in as long as they come before about ten in the evening. Depends on security but what i said before is what they go by
I wanted to know If anyone would reccomend parham road over the new petros courts. I originally wanted to go for petros courts. But now im thinking about the money aspect and thing it would be smart to go for something cheaper. By the sounds of things its alot more social in parham village. Also how many weeks were you contracted to pay as this comes into things aswell with budgeting for me :smile: i know this is a very old thread but i need some help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending