The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams

Scroll to see replies

Is it true Harris Westminster provides iPads and tablet's for revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ETbuymilkandeggs
I was a few points off being invited for a place, and so I'm going to make a late application on results day. I just hope there's space.

How close were you? You could have appealed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danielnoruwa
Is it true Harris Westminster provides iPads and tablet's for revision?

Yes but there's a £150 fee, which is still considerably cheaper than just buying it on your own.
Reply 943
I want to ask for last minute advice as I want to make sure I'll choose the right sixth form tomorrow :smile: Do you think the school is good? Are the results outstanding? Are teachers nice and understanding? Are students nice and understanding? Has there ever been any accident involving bullying in the school? Thank you in advance for the answers.
Original post by danielnoruwa
How close were you? You could have appealed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

To appeal, you'd have to have a reason (medical, administrative) -- anything that could be considered 'extenuating circumstances'. As much as I'd like, I can't appeal on the basis that I was "really close to the cut-off". Oh well, we'll see if there's any room for me tomorrow :biggrin:
Good luck to you all for tomorrow, I hope to see a lot of you at HWSF!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samispector
Good luck to you all for tomorrow, I hope to see a lot of you at HWSF!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to you too. Hope you guys get great results.
Hope everyone got what they wanted! Just wondering, is anyone going for late applications to Harris Westminster tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I hope everyone got the results they were expecting.

To any current students I have a few questions that I would like to ask.

What do you use it for both inside and outside the classroom?
Is it only for school purposes or it is actually yours e.g. you can install your own programmes?
How is the school computer facilities? Is there a computer room , access to printers and if so what are the policies?
What options are offered in sport (gym)?
Can you give some examples of what happens during lab?

Thank you
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Foodatastic
Does HWSF offer wifi within the building for notebooks and phones?

When I went to enrol yesterday I checked. There's wifi for staff and students but you need a password
Managed to snag a space. See you all on the 4th!
Reply 951
Congratulations! What did you get in your GCSCs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why were people waiting in the hall?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
I need help. LAE or harris Westminster?
Original post by ollie262
I need help. LAE or harris Westminster?

They are both excellent, though I would choose harris westminster as almost all teachers graduated from oxbridge meaning they are experts in their fields.
I was wondering if anyone had the revision lists for Biology and/or Chemistry?? If yes, could you take a photo of them and post it on here please??
Original post by anxone
Congratulations! What did you get in your GCSCs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I got 6As, 2Bs and 3Cs. Not the best, but good enough to meet the entry requirements.
I think I liked Harris a bit better however it is only a year old and LAEs results from this year look really good. I'm not sure which one is more reliable
Hello, does anyone know the exam boards that we are taking for the following subjects:
Maths
Economics
Biology
Thank you.
Reply 959
Original post by liquidconfidence
Hello, does anyone know the exam boards that we are taking for the following subjects:
Maths
Economics
Biology
Thank you.

There you go :smile:
Biology - AQA Biology 7402
Economics - AQA
Maths - MEI

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending