The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Foundation Sociology, Education, History, Philosophy etc.. anyone?

Hiii,

Was wondering if anyone is doing foundation sociology, history, education etc in september 2015 at uclan??
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'll be doing history.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Although not foundation.
I really should read things properly before I comment! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by heron-dale
Hiii,

Was wondering if anyone is doing foundation sociology, history, education etc in september 2015 at uclan??

hey sorry I know this post is like oldish but I just saw it and I'm doing foundation entry history and politics :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by solomon wreath
hey sorry I know this post is like oldish but I just saw it and I'm doing foundation entry history and politics :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh that's great! I'm doing sociology foundation so I guess we have the same core modules?
Ahh that's great! I'm doing sociology foundation so I guess we have the same core modules?

ah rad! i'd think so probably (if i'm honest i'm slightly dim and uncertain what to expect even though i've had a look at what to expect :') )
Reply 6
ah rad! i'd think so probably (if i'm honest i'm slightly dim and uncertain what to expect even though i've had a look at what to expect :':wink: )

I saw that history has the same core modules as mine so I guess we would have the same core ones at least haha
I saw that history has the same core modules as mine so I guess we would have the same core ones at least haha

oh well that's rad! is your timetable up yet? only my welcome week bit is up but none of the rest
Reply 8
oh well that's rad! is your timetable up yet? only my welcome week bit is up but none of the rest

No mine isn't but I hear they'll be live by the end of August. Yes my welcome one is, I only go two days is that what yours says?
No mine isn't but I hear they'll be live by the end of August. Yes my welcome one is, I only go two days is that what yours says?

Ah well that's great actually I was beginning to worry, yeah i'm only in on the 15th and 16th i think? What about you what days are you in?
Reply 10
Ah well that's great actually I was beginning to worry, yeah i'm only in on the 15th and 16th i think? What about you what days are you in?

That's the same with me just the 15th and 16th, I'm surprised there's nothing on the 14th
That's the same with me just the 15th and 16th, I'm surprised there's nothing on the 14th

oh rad, i'll probably see you there :') yeah maybe it's just so people can get settled in, from what i can gather a lot of people are moving in on the monday as well
Reply 12
oh rad, i'll probably see you there :':wink: yeah maybe it's just so people can get settled in, from what i can gather a lot of people are moving in on the monday as well

haha yeah:') are you moving into preston? although there is suppsed be an I'd and qualifications check, just wish the actual timetables would come up
haha yeah:') are you moving into preston? although there is suppsed be an I'd and qualifications check, just wish the actual timetables would come up

yeah I am moving to Preston! what ID and qualifications check? I don't think I've heard of that being done :s same though I'd like to know what time everything is and where ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
yeah I am moving to Preston! what ID and qualifications check? I don't think I've heard of that being done :s same though I'd like to know what time everything is and where ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah nice! That's what I was told on the phone you'll need to bring a passport and your qualifications or something.. Yeah same tbh haha I did find out what the core modules involved and BTW you have to pick two topic options
Ah nice! That's what I was told on the phone you'll need to bring a passport and your qualifications or something.. Yeah same tbh haha I did find out what the core modules involved and BTW you have to pick two topic options

ah see I haven't been told any of this hmm in concerned now ahaha, how do you choose the two topic options?? Is it like when you start you choose??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
ah see I haven't been told any of this hmm in concerned now ahaha, how do you choose the two topic options?? Is it like when you start you choose??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha you don't seem to get told I only found out by ringing and asking. And we'll I've picked sociology so basically the four core modules plus sociology are actually my five core modules cause you have to do the subject you picked the foundation in, the other one will be picked in welcome week apparently if that makes sense haha there's six modules altogether
Hahaha you don't seem to get told I only found out by ringing and asking. And we'll I've picked sociology so basically the four core modules plus sociology are actually my five core modules cause you have to do the subject you picked the foundation in, the other one will be picked in welcome week apparently if that makes sense haha there's six modules altogether

well damn I better have all my results and passport with me :') agh that sounds so confusing like my main thing is history and politics so I'm uncertain of how to go about any of anything :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
well damn I better have all my results and passport with me :':wink: agh that sounds so confusing like my main thing is history and politics so I'm uncertain of how to go about any of anything :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yeah we better do (: and yeah well I guess you'd pick history but there isn't a politics topic though I don't think we'll it's not mentioned anywhere :/ could say sociology but that has a little politics in it...
Haha yeah we better do (: and yeah well I guess you'd pick history but there isn't a politics topic though I don't think we'll it's not mentioned anywhere :/ could say sociology but that has a little politics in it...

:smile: yeah definitely but that's odd that there isn't a politics one when thats the course I applied for hmm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest