The Student Room Group

Can you revise for your theory test in one day and pass

My theory test is on the 20th :s-smilie:.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Experial

it was best if u had started it earlier, there is quite a bit to study
if u put ur head to it then hopefully u will pass
good luck

how much have you revised ?

I passed first time its not that hard
have you got the app by DSA
thats the most similar thing to the actual test
The multiple choice questions are easy and definitely doable in one day, just common sense and a few minor facts. The Hazard Perception will take a lot longer, if you've not revised that then you've failed lel.
Reply 4
Original post by Pikachu94
how much have you revised ?

I passed first time its not that hard
have you got the app by DSA
thats the most similar thing to the actual test

I have the DSA dvd's that I'm revising from. Idk yet. I think I can do it in one day but still it's a lot.
It is easy, you can revise the morning before and still pass. It is common sense.
Reply 6
Original post by DiddyDec
It is easy, you can revise the morning before and still pass. It is common sense.

This is encouraging. :biggrin:
This is encouraging. :biggrin:

As long as you have common sense I a vague understanding of how roads work you should be fine.
The multiple choice test is fine, hazard perception is where people struggle. Since when do you go around in your car clicking a button for every single hazard? In my eyes, everything is a hazard. A tree could fall down, a sinkhole could open in front of you. Click too many times, you fail. Don't click and you still fail.
Original post by KBradders
The multiple choice test is fine, hazard perception is where people struggle. Since when do you go around in your car clicking a button for every single hazard? In my eyes, everything is a hazard. A tree could fall down, a sinkhole could open in front of you. Click too many times, you fail. Don't click and you still fail.

The hazard perception is easy. The dangers are obvious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by DiddyDec
The hazard perception is easy. The dangers are obvious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hazard perception does seem easy to me. Don't want to jinx it now though and fail..
Yes the dangers are obvious, but it is clicking in time that can be an issue. You can click as soon as you see the hazard but can get zero points because the system hadn't started counting down the score. You have to use a method of clicking twice to ensure you at least score.
Reply 12
yes :smile:
Reply 13
i passed very comfortably with one evening of revision the night before. concentrate on things u wont know ie obscure signs, stopping distances, hazard perception. dont bother reading through the book, just do mock tests online
I have the DSA dvd's that I'm revising from. Idk yet. I think I can do it in one day but still it's a lot.

keep practising it and see if you can change the date if possible
Original post by KBradders
Yes the dangers are obvious, but it is clicking in time that can be an issue. You can click as soon as you see the hazard but can get zero points because the system hadn't started counting down the score. You have to use a method of clicking twice to ensure you at least score.

I haven't done my driving test yet (no point with going to a uni with no parking in certain accommodation) but my boyfriend found this was an issue and so did several other people. I didn't believe him, but I took the test and it is ridiculous. One example I can remember is that I saw that a car was parked ridiculously far from the pavement and close to being in the road, but when I spotted it was far too early. Someone I knew just took to spamming the button when they saw a hazard, but I wouldn't advise doing that.
mine on 20th too
Reply 17
Original post by Proxenus
mine on 20th too
Good luck! I hope you fail so I'm not the only failure...:frown:

Original post by Pikachu94
keep practising it and see if you can change the date if possible

Can't change the date I already tried.

ok just keep doing it repeatedly and memorise and do the hazards at least 5 times

already failed twice -_-

i got 41/50, 51/75 1st try
then 47/50, 41/75 2nd try

you need 43/50 , 44/75

fml

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending