The Student Room Group

BT Apprenticeship 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
hey guys,

iv applied for Bt apprenticeships for I.T, I applied on the February 2015 yes 5 months ago I have no heard from them since. how long does it normally take from the date of submitting application and the when they get back to you ?

regards
Reply 101
Hi there,
I didn't hear back for about 5-6 months i think, all depends on your location and the number of vacancies. Be patient as they have to go through a huge number of applicants.
Reply 102
Original post by Nicksow
Hi there,
I didn't hear back for about 5-6 months i think, all depends on your location and the number of vacancies. Be patient as they have to go through a huge number of applicants.

PS: does anyone know how long BT get back to you after the hub day? I attended one 13 days ago and haven't heard anything yet, they told us they will be in touch within 10 days but still awaiting feedback.

Regards
Reply 103
Cheers nicks ow have you got the job ? And if so which location?
Reply 104
I was successful but still had no contract atm :frown:
Reply 105
I applied for the BT Engineering Apprenticeship twice within the last two years and I'm still waiting to hear back from that, however I applied to Openreach directly for open Engineering vacancies and they got back to me within 2 weeks, after this phase I was invited to a hub day in Preston which consisted of two interviews and a manual dexterity test. After the testing phases were done I heard back within two days and was successful, week later I was offered a position and start date of 7th September this year. I wanted to initially go through an Apprenticeship scheme as I am only 20, although in my previous employment I was a trainee telecom's technician so I have previous experience. Openreach train you regardless very similar to the Apprenticeship. Anyway just wondered if anyone else is in the same situation, my advice as well to those wanting to do Engineering based work is to apply for Openreach Engineering vacancies as you may have a better chance compared to an Apprenticeship.

Best of luck all!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 106
Hey did you get accepted for the i.t. apprienticeship?

Original post by louchad
I was successful but still had no contract atm :frown:
They phoned me like over 3 weeks ago saying I was successful and contract would be with me within 2 weeks.. still nothing stressing out hahah!
Reply 108
Oh no not to stress ! Congrats! When issuing a contract in sure they always have problems its notoriously known for companies to issue contracts late lol. At least you got it confirmed.

As for my application to the b.t i.t. apprienticeship i applied for it like 5-6 months ago ( online application) have not heard anything yet.

Original post by Hughes12
They phoned me like over 3 weeks ago saying I was successful and contract would be with me within 2 weeks.. still nothing stressing out hahah!
Original post by zssr
Oh no not to stress ! Congrats! When issuing a contract in sure they always have problems its notoriously known for companies to issue contracts late lol. At least you got it confirmed.

As for my application to the b.t i.t. apprienticeship i applied for it like 5-6 months ago ( online application) have not heard anything yet.

Haha thanks just keep trying x
Reply 110
I shall, did you applyfor the same apprienticeship programme? If so how long did it take for then to get back to you once submission of online application ?

Haha thanks just keep trying x
Original post by zssr
I shall, did you applyfor the same apprienticeship programme? If so how long did it take for then to get back to you once submission of online application ?

I applied for the open reach engineer. I applied and I thought I missed this years, like 2weeks after applying they invited me to a hub day and then a week after that told me I was successful. But I genuinely think I was asked because someone dropped out the hub so it was luck they mailed me a week before the hub and I had to prepare a presentation and interview logical thinking and things within a week!!!
Reply 112
Hi, no sorry it was engineering
Reply 113

They phoned me 2 weeks ago saying I had the job and said a contract would be on its way in the next 3 weeks for an October 19th start 😁
Reply 114
I start 21st September quite excited :smile:

What location are you? And do you know if we have to go to college?
Original post by louchad
What location are you? And do you know if we have to go to college?
apparently not, its all internal if we are starting end of September/October it's too late for college anyway isn't it?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 116
I am Wrexham yourself? And apparently not, its all internal if we are starting end of September/October it's too late for college anyway isn't it?

I'm stoke, and I suppose your right I never thought of that actually 😂 Can you remember your weekly wage because I can't find the application myself, I imagine if we're both engineers we will get the same wage? Haha
Original post by louchad
I'm stoke, and I suppose your right I never thought of that actually 😂 Can you remember your weekly wage because I can't find the application myself, I imagine if we're both engineers we will get the same wage? Haha

I have no idea of the wage, if I remember it's like between 12-14k yearly? But I assume all that will be on the contract which I am desperate to have now hahaha!!
Reply 118
Yeah I'd like to know the details haha, I'll let you know when mine comes through. :smile:
I'm an apprentice in another area of BT so I might be able to help you with some of these :smile:

For engineering apprentices, I think you'll have to go to Yarnfield Park which is like BT's training base for a 2 week period initially to have all the health and safety and other training that you'll need for the job, and after that you shadow a more experienced engineer for a period of time before going out on the job on your own.

Pay wise, I believe BT changed it last year so all apprentices start on £13,770 for the first year but after that you get a pay rise every year which will vary depending on your pay grade.

Hope this helped!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending