The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Bolton are going down.

Fair play to Coventry and Orient, though. Both with 100% starts.
Leeds due to play game 3 of 4 in a 9 day period. With 3 of those being away (Bristol and Reading hardly close to Leeds either). How can this be the case at the start of a season? #TheFootballLeaguesCorrupt etc
Brighton score after 17 (yes, 17) seconds.
Good to see Armstrong has scored again for Coventry hopefully he'll be ready for the premier league soon.
Altrincham vs Grimsby, attendance - 1680, 825 away fans
Kidderminster vs Wrexham, attendance - 2620, 1031 away fans

Cracking away followings for Tuesday night football in the Non-League.

I have a feeling after tonights result Wrexham should be very close to hitting the 5000 mark at the weekend too. Which would be great considering our budget relies heavily on home attendances.
I'll take a point against Boro.

Not concerned in the slightest about 3 draws from 3. Our defence looks immeasurably better (the two goals we've conceded have both come from blocked or deflected shots - literally nothing anybody could have done about either). As for scoring goals, Chris Martin and co will click together eventually and we'll soon be banging them in.

In other news, we've had bids rejected for Jacob Butterfield and Michail Antonio. Not bothered if we don't get the latter but another CM is a must. HTAFC apparently want 5m for Butterfield though :frown:
Original post by United1892
Good to see Armstrong has scored again for Coventry hopefully he'll be ready for the premier league soon.

Hopefully not until May.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
Hopefully not until May.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd be happy for cov to have him until may. Let him score more and gain confindence, bring him back next season hopefully he can compete for the first team.
Hopefully not until May.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That quartet of O'Brien, Maddison, Lameiras and Armstrong will do bits at third tier level. Good to see Fleck enjoying a renaissance, too.
Original post by Mackay
That quartet of O'Brien, Maddison, Lameiras and Armstrong will do bits at third tier level. Good to see Fleck enjoying a renaissance, too.

The main issue I foresee is that our squad is quite small, which is good in terms of players gelling with each other, but a few injuries, particularly in midfield, and I think we're struggling. Key is to just get as many points on the board as possible before that happens.

As for Fleck, I think having Vincelot next to him is a massive help.
Bradford off to a **** start to the season, since...the last one. Parkinson not looking too happy, the board conned the fans by saying this is the promotion season, so getting 18000 ST holders would be the way foward, however its just money for the board which they dont invest in the club !. Fans are strating to figure this out. The squad hasnt 'gelled' as if we're in school and they need to gel. At this moment in time promotion is miles away !!
Thriller at Bury, but they can't rely on Leon Clarke. He scored his fourth goal in four matches, but was let down by his defence and they need to lighten the load on him. They are free-scoring, but they conceded four last night and really struggled under the pressure of Fleetwood.
It's never boring supporting Leeds United. F*cks sake.
Original post by redleader1
Bradford off to a **** start to the season, since...the last one. Parkinson not looking too happy, the board conned the fans by saying this is the promotion season, so getting 18000 ST holders would be the way foward, however its just money for the board which they dont invest in the club !. Fans are strating to figure this out. The squad hasnt 'gelled' as if we're in school and they need to gel. At this moment in time promotion is miles away !!

How many STs did you sell?
Christ, how many chances went begging at Molineux? Outrageous.
How many STs did you sell?

Roughly 18,000
Original post by The Wavefunction
It's never boring supporting Leeds United. F*cks sake.

At least supporting them means you can take stress leave from work
Original post by TornadoGR4
At least supporting them means you can take stress leave from work

I suppose, hopefully it'll become a confirmed medical illness one day, then I can cash in big time on those days off.
Original post by redleader1
Roughly 18,000

Jesus bloody Christ!
Of course Bolton are going down. They hired a rancid, ginger moron as manager.

Quick Reply

Latest