The Student Room Group

Good music recommendations

Lately I've had no good music to listen to & I've been on the hunt for good music to just chill and really jam to,

so i was wondering if anyone had any seriously awesome songs or artists they could recommend?

I don't mind whether they are mainstream or not :h:
What genres are you into? Favourite artists?

Try ATLiens and Aquemini from Outkast. Great albums and they have something for everybody.
Original post by Wilfred Little
What genres are you into? Favourite artists?

Try ATLiens and Aquemini from Outkast. Great albums and they have something for everybody.

i'm into- one republic, imagine dragons that kinda of stuff, the script and the fray arent too bad
Original post by skylightflower
i'm into- one republic, imagine dragons that kinda of stuff, the script and the fray arent too bad

Try these:

Spoiler

I would still recommend Aquemini.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquemini

Pixies are my favourite of those ones I spoilered, btw. I only really 'discovered' them at the start of this year and Doolittle is already the highest played album on my iTunes.

So you kind of like pop/rock/indie? Try The Wombats, Amber Run, The Kooks, Foals, Passion Pit & Foster the People :smile:
Reply 5
Lately I've had no good music to listen to & I've been on the hunt for good music to just chill and really jam to,

so i was wondering if anyone had any seriously awesome songs or artists they could recommend?

It is literally impossible for a human to not have a single song from the Beatles that doesn't speak to them so I would recommend browsing through some of their stuff. (I recommend the albums Please Please Me, and the Past Masters compilation album has some good songs on it too)
Like literally, doesn't matter what music taste you have I can guarantee there will be least one song from them you'll like. If not I would recommend seeing your local GP or donating your brain to science after you've died so they can figure out wtf happened.
The Beatles. Yeah. I'm that guy.
Reply 7
Roy wood exis EP. I like his music :tongue:
hmm maybe not the indie rock you're seeking but try out this mixtape (on soundcloud and all over the interent tbh): GoldLink - The God Complex
It dropped last yr and got universal acclaim
Vienna Blood by Johann Strauss II

Or anything by the Arctic Monkeys :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by super_hannah
So you kind of like pop/rock/indie? Try The Wombats, Amber Run, The Kooks, Foals, Passion Pit & Foster the People :smile:

Yes! Amber run are ace

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tisreece
It is literally impossible for a human to not have a single song from the Beatles that doesn't speak to them so I would recommend browsing through some of their stuff. (I recommend the albums Please Please Me, and the Past Masters compilation album has some good songs on it too)
Like literally, doesn't matter what music taste you have I can guarantee there will be least one song from them you'll like. If not I would recommend seeing your local GP or donating your brain to science after you've died so they can figure out wtf happened.

thanks! i'll check them out
Here's my spotify https://open.spotify.com/user/k4rc1lakqlkh49vujhzi0rvvc?si=qa5QKRtsSeetiZVh0Dt8vg

I've actually got a playlist called 'y'all vibe w/ me rq' and it's near enough an hour long and full of chill music- both mainstream and not. If you're into OG Kanye west, Kendrick Lamar, Childish Gambino, Joey Bada$$ then I'd say the playlist is definitely perfect for you.

I've also got a few individual songs I could recommend to you. 'Indigo Puff' by Sundara Karma, 'Peach' by Kevin Abstract and 'FACE' by Brockhampton.

Finally I'll recommend you some artists and specific albums. Highly Suspect and their album 'MCID' ('16' and 'Fly' being 2 of the best songs on it) and Ameer Van with his album 'Emmanuel'.

Really hope this helps. All the music suggested is on my spotify which I have linked above if you fancy checking it all out. :smile:

rex orange county have some really good songs, i recommend best friend and sunflower
THIS ONE IS MY FAV

Quick Reply

Latest