The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Imperion
Mother opened them for me :lol: Though I shaking because she was just like :indiff: and what was going through my mind "**** I failed :frown: "

So, did you fail? XD
Original post by tacitae
So, did you fail? XD

Nope lol and if I did I failed in a way that made both my mum and I smile :laugh:
GCSE results:

What are you hoping for?
- English Language: B
- Maths: B
- History: A
- French: A*
- Religious Studies: A*
- Geography: A
- Biology: A*
- Chemistry: A
- Physics: B

What are you expecting?
- English Language: B
- Maths: B
- History: B
- French: A*
- Religious Studies: A
- Geography: A
- Biology: A/B
- Chemistry: B
- Physics: B/C

Will you be satisfied with your expectation?
- Not really, I could have done a lot better if I had revised earlier, maybe got more A*s and As

How will you open them?
- In school, as soon as I get them and probably read them as I walk outside. Will glance over the grades first then look at individual subjects.
How will you celebrate / react?
- If I do better than I expect I will be really happy and jump up and down probably :tongue: going shopping on Friday with friends.

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer?

- I really hope so, I pretty much just need a high B in English Language to study English Lit and B in French to study it and I've getting in. As long as I get around 16, although preferably over 18 points, then I'm good.
Nope lol and if I did I failed in a way that made both my mum and I smile :laugh:

How adorable. :biggrin:

I'm guessing this is was for AS?
Original post by JayJay-C19
GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?

What are you expecting?

How will you open them?

What are you hoping for?

- 5 A*'s, 2 A's, 2 B's and 2 C's :biggrin:

What are you expecting?

- 3 A*'s, 2 A's, 2 B's, 4 C's :frown:

- No. Purely because of the subjects that will have achieved the C's and B's.

How will you open them?

- Me and my best friend are going to open each others first then pass them over once they've been read.

- Probably be really upset but just happy that I got my grades to get into my sixth form. Which I know I will... without a doubt.

- YES. Already have 3 of the 5 grades necessary.

Re-taking maths for the 3rd time at college!! D: I want a C but I'm expecting a D or an E. Probably open it up alone in my room xD If I don't pass I'll be really bummed, I worked so hard this year.
Original post by tacitae
How adorable. :biggrin:

I'm guessing this is was for AS?

CIE iGCSE :tongue:
CIE iGCSE :tongue:

Awesome. :smile: All the best with whatever it is you wish to become! :P
My teeth are ready :h:
Original post by tacitae
Awesome. :smile: All the best with whatever it is you wish to become! :P

Aha, same to you :h:
Original post by DaringDaniel
My teeth are ready :h:

I'm literally trying not to bust out in laughter. I don't wanna wake anyone u but the struggle ;-;
Original post by beth.stoney
I've been asked by my school to open them on television. I'm hoping that they'll let me open them myself beforehand then I can just pretend for the camera that I've never seen them! Though, it's only on Channel 5 so I doubt that anybody will actually be watching it

Means you've probably got straight A*s.
What are you hoping for?
7 A*'s, 3 A's, 1 B, and a C

What are you expecting?
5 A*'s, 5 A's, 1 B and an E (FSMQ Additional Maths lol)

Yeah sure

How will you open them?
I did want to open them in private but my school invited me to open them an hour early so I'm wondering if I'm going to be interviewed or something

Smile? lol. Idk I don't have any big plans tbh

Yeah I need the standard A*-C and then atleast an A in Maths and a B in Physics. If I get an A* in Maths I might decide to do Further Maths
(edited 8 years ago)
Does anyone know where I can get mark schemes for ocr gateway biology ? Even though the grade boundaries have gone down slightly it's the one I'm most nervous for :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by excludedplasma
Does anyone know where I can get mark schemes for ocr gateway biology ? Even though the grade boundaries have gone down slightly it's the one I'm most nervous for :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/246983-unit-level-raw-mark-and-ums-grade-boundaries-june-2015-now-includes-gcse.pdf

Page 26 compared to other exam boards I think it's generous. :biggrin:

Sorry i think you misunderstood me. i meant mark schemes (answers) not grade boundaries :biggrin: but thanks anyway!

Yeah they are (and always have been) generous but when your **** at bio everything seems unfair
I have been told some people are getting their results online at midnight or 6am or something, is that possible?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by excludedplasma

Agreed
My brain went to mush in that exam i nearly cried and my friends were like that was easy...to say i was angry is an understatement - i was hysterical
Reply 536
What are you hoping for?

- 5 A*'s, 6 A's
What are you expecting?

My estimated grades are all B's

- No. I'm confident that I wont get all B's (hopefully :0)

How will you open them?

- I'm probably going to tell my friends that im going to open them with my family at home. However I will then prbs go to a corner and quickly check my results. If theyre good then i'll quickly tell my friends. If they're bad then i'll just go to town and think what i'm going to do next.

- If theyre good then probs a party.otherwise....

- More than likely
3 A*s 4 As and a B. Including last year's results 6 A*, 5 As, a B and a C :smile:
Hiya, anyone know what the A Star boundary is for CIE IGCSE English Language?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JayJay-C19
GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?

What are you expecting?

How will you open them?

I was hoping to do well :smile:

I was satisfied with my results, they were among the best in the year.

My teachers read my results before I did (because they thought I'd do well), so they were already open so I just read them.

I'm going to celebrate by going on a mystery trip to central London with my mum (oh, mystery) and by buying clothes for sixth form (yah, fun)

anyway, here are my results:
English A*French A*Biology A*English Literature A*History AMaths AFurther Maths AChemistry APhysics AGeography AArt AReligious Studies ACitizenship Studies A
I don't know how that A in Further Maths happened, I wasn't even taught half the course, thought I'd get a U!

Latest