The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Crown Place accommodation 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Changing Skies
Try not to feel down. Whilst R&G is off campus and not nice and modern like Crown Place, it's a lot cheaper and you'll have more money for other things. I actually declined my Crown Place offer last year because of this and I honestly loved staying at Roscoe and Gladstone. It's said to be more sociable, the food is actually pretty good most of the time, it's surrounded by lovely greenery, there are two parks right by it as well. I promise you it's not all bad :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thing is I am doing a foundation at Carmel College and its like two/three buses away, 1h 20min and its also far from campus. But I sorted things out and went for private accommodation for year 0 :smile:.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by HassanD
Thing is I am doing a foundation at Carmel College and its like two/three buses away, 1h 20min and its also far from campus. But I sorted things out and went for private accommodation for year 0 :smile:.

Oh that's completely understandable then, how unfair! Great :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Anyone got their place at Crown Place confirmed?
I've got a single room, Hope to see you all there :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Kris006
Anyone got their place at Crown Place confirmed?
I've got a single room, Hope to see you all there :smile:

Yeh I got crown place single confirmed too 😄
Reply 24
Just accepted crown place double 😄
Reply 25
Original post by Vibz96
Yeh I got crown place single confirmed too 😄

Congratulations, hello housemate :tongue:
Reply 26
Original post by Libbie-
I applied for Crown Place single & double and Vine court single and ended up with a Crown Place studio 😩

I know it's not as bad as people who applied for both and got the student village but the price difference on my budget is huge now

What are the studios like? Do they have any shared community areas?
Reply 27
Original post by advent
What are the studios like? Do they have any shared community areas?

No, apparently the only communal area is the one downstairs. I'm considering trying for a place in Carnatic tbh
Reply 28
Is there anyone who has a room at crown place who wants to swap for a place at Carnatic- Morton House. Message me :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Kris006
Congratulations, hello housemate :tongue:

Haha same to you and hello 😄
Original post by Libbie-
I applied for Crown Place single & double and Vine court single and ended up with a Crown Place studio 😩

I know it's not as bad as people who applied for both and got the student village but the price difference on my budget is huge now

I applied for exactly the same as you and ended up with a studio! Im worried about the price but my friend stayed in a crown place studio last year and she really liked it! Hopefully we both will :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by chibby4396
I applied for exactly the same as you and ended up with a studio! Im worried about the price but my friend stayed in a crown place studio last year and she really liked it! Hopefully we both will :smile:

Did she find it easy to make friends with the other people in the studios? My anxiety has just been sky high over the past few days thinking we'd all end up isolated 😂
Yeah, she said she just went round and introduced herself and she made friends because everyone was in the same position as her! Also apparently the first studio in the corridor is a bit bigger so the person who owned that room just let everyone chill in it like it was a common room before nights outs! :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by chibby4396
Yeah, she said she just went round and introduced herself and she made friends because everyone was in the same position as her! Also apparently the first studio in the corridor is a bit bigger so the person who owned that room just let everyone chill in it like it was a common room before nights outs! :smile:

Ahh that's decent, I can't wait to move now! Going to go mental buying every homeware item I find cute 😂
Yeaaaaah.. anyone who doesn't want a place in Crown place (single) message me. I'm in Morton and cba
Yo Guys I'll be in Crown Place too, I've not even been to Liverpool, let alone seen crown place so I'm clueless as to what area's like. Looking forward to getting there though.
Original post by Libbie-
Ahh that's decent, I can't wait to move now! Going to go mental buying every homeware item I find cute 😂

Hahaha that's literally me I cannot wait to go shopping! Going to buy so many cute beddings and pillows too! 😂
Reply 37
Original post by Libbie-

OMG this is literally my situation!! My first was crown place double then crown place single then vine court single and i'm now in a deluxe studio at crown place. I tried changing it but all they had was vine court catered for £189 p/w which is even worse than the £156.80 p/w that i will be paying or some next accommodation off campus for cheaper but i like the city centre living.

*sigh* Liverpool allocated rooms so badly. It's ridiculous, its £21 more expensive per week or £819 more for the 39 weeks i'll be staying there instead of a crown place 3/4 bedroom! :cry2: i applied in February as well :/

But what can we do really?:s-smilie: I guess its still a very modern room and on campus...

As a fresher, i would've wanted a shared apartment to make friends way easier, i guess us studio people have to stick together. :bebored:
Reply 38
Original post by TeaDrinker.
Yo Guys I'll be in Crown Place too, I've not even been to Liverpool, let alone seen crown place so I'm clueless as to what area's like. Looking forward to getting there though.

Liverpool seems like a cool city, i went for an open day earlier in the year. Crown Place is literally so beautiful and modern, i only saw a single room but i was very ready to move in when i saw it, so i can imagine that the double and studios are even more nice.

It's on campus so that's great and theres a bus stop right outside crown place which takes you to the city centre (about 10min away) so its convenient but most importantly thats where Nando's is :biggrin:. If your a walker (i'm lazy af but the walk is pretty decent) you can walk it from Liverpool Lime Street to the uni (and therefore Crown Place). It stands out, i'm sure you'll love it!!
hey guys im in crown place too, have any of you joined any of the facebook groups for crown place 2015/2016?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending