The Student Room Group

Which uni's should i apply to?

So after receiving my AS results in Maths, History, Physics and English Language, to which I got AAAA, I need advice on what tier of uni to apply to for Economics and have a few queries. I've heard and read that at top uni's a large percentage of students who get an offer take as/a2 economics. I'm wondering how much of an effect me not taking economics should have on the uni's I decide to apply to for a realistic offer, and how much of a hindrance not taking A level economics is for being accepted into a top-tier universities economics degree. Any help is appreciated.
Reply 1
I know UCL do not care as long as you get A* A2 maths and two other As, but that is if economics is not offered at your college. If it is offered, as long as you show your passion for the subject in your ps they should not care too much. I assume that this is the same for all unis, but am not sure so either contact them or do more research. Hope I've helped.
Reply 2
Original post by SamR2402
I know UCL do not care as long as you get A* A2 maths and two other As, but that is if economics is not offered at your college. If it is offered, as long as you show your passion for the subject in your ps they should not care too much. I assume that this is the same for all unis, but am not sure so either contact them or do more research. Hope I've helped.

Ah yeah thanks, it always states economics is not a specific requirement, but wasn't sure if it was still a massive influence having not taken it.
Has anyone got any advise on applying to university's in the Republic of Ireland for medicine
Original post by spmenz123
So after receiving my AS results in Maths, History, Physics and English Language, to which I got AAAA, I need advice on what tier of uni to apply to for Economics and have a few queries. I've heard and read that at top uni's a large percentage of students who get an offer take as/a2 economics. I'm wondering how much of an effect me not taking economics should have on the uni's I decide to apply to for a realistic offer, and how much of a hindrance not taking A level economics is for being accepted into a top-tier universities economics degree. Any help is appreciated.

nah doesn't matter - with those grades you can apply to anywhere you want

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending