The Student Room Group

A-Levels for Law

I just got my GCSE results (10A*s , 1A and an A in FSMQ) and have chosen to study Biology, Chemistry, History and Religious Studies for A-Level in order to keep my options for degree as open as possible. Would these be acceptable to apply for Law? Thank you
Reply 1
those a levels don't keep your options as open as possible.
If you truly want to keep your options for a degree as open as possible, swap RS for maths.
RS is not required for any degree, but many degrees require maths
I realise maths may be required but religious studies is my favourite subject which degrees often require maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know much about which degrees require maths, but I can tell you that those A levels are absolutely fine for law.
Original post by chazlotte132
I just got my GCSE results (10A*s , 1A and an A in FSMQ) and have chosen to study Biology, Chemistry, History and Religious Studies for A-Level in order to keep my options for degree as open as possible. Would these be acceptable to apply for Law? Thank you

I'm doing Law at Surrey and I did the same A Levels apart from Government and Politics in the place of R.S. I dropped Chemistry at AS. :smile:

So yes, they would be fine for Law. I don't think there's really much preference, but a humanities or essay based subject like History would always be helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ignore the person who said you need maths.You dont have to do maths if you don't want to.Your options are fine.
Reply 6
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
Ignore the person who said you need maths.You dont have to do maths if you don't want to.Your options are fine.

you do have to do maths to keep your options as open as possible.

I don't know about for law specifically though.
Reply 7
I realise maths may be required but religious studies is my favourite subject which degrees often require maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths, Physics and pretty much all engineering
Thanks for everyone's help:smile: as for maths I'm not intending on any maths/engineering related degree but thank you anyways

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest