The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Just came back because I had an argument on this thread last season after Burnley got relegated.

Can't remember who it was but he was quite adamantly saying that Burnley would still be pushing for promotion this season and that Ipswich wouldn't be able to carry on any sort of form in to the new season. The guy probably won't see this and I know it is early in the season but...

Ipswich 2 - 0 Burnley
Somebody's got to come and raid QPR for Austin from the PL, surely.

He was instrumental - once again - in them getting a victory last night.
What's happening to poor Fulham? Five to six years ago they were a feared team by most PL teams when they were at home as the Cottage was almost a fortress, now they can barely pass and move together.

Hurts to see.
Original post by Tony_LeaS
What's happening to poor Fulham? Five to six years ago they were a feared team by most PL teams when they were at home as the Cottage was almost a fortress, now they can barely pass and move together.

Hurts to see.

At least they scored a cracking goal last night, though, eh?
Really keeping a keen eye on Burton this season. Checking the live scores and results when I can, love a good success story. Interesting to see how Hasslebank has got them playing good football and maintaining results. It's a tall order but I wouldn't be surprised if they gain immediate promotion from league one.
Original post by Mackay
At least they scored a cracking goal last night, though, eh?

Brownie points for good goals, but doesnt entirely work when you need to win games too.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Really keeping a keen eye on Burton this season. Checking the live scores and results when I can, love a good success story. Interesting to see how Hasslebank has got them playing good football and maintaining results. It's a tall order but I wouldn't be surprised if they gain immediate promotion from league one.

If Bournemouth/Blackpool/Burnley can all go to the top flight then anyone can.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
Jesus bloody Christ!

Is that good ? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
4 wins out of 4!! We got a streak going :jive:

It feels so surreal :dance:
Original post by redleader1
Is that good ? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Better than most Championship teams and some PL ones too, so not half bad.

I'm so happy for Hasselbaink. He was linked to us in the summer but most Leeds fans didn't want him purely because he deserves better than Leeds, that's the high regard we hold him in :cool:

He's building something beautiful at Burton. I'm happy these smaller teams like Bournemouth, Brentford, Burton are run probably and can go all the way, but it's heartbreaking that big clubs like Leeds & Wednesday are run so poorly & just doss about in the second division.
don't forget the mighty Eibar in La Liga, as well as Carpi and Frosinone in Serie A. Fairytales can happen whichever league you follow!
Original post by TornadoGR4
I'm so happy for Hasselbaink. He was linked to us in the summer but most Leeds fans didn't want him purely because he deserves better than Leeds, that's the high regard we hold him in :cool:

He's building something beautiful at Burton. I'm happy these smaller teams like Bournemouth, Brentford, Burton are run probably and can go all the way, but it's heartbreaking that big clubs like Leeds & Wednesday are run so poorly & just doss about in the second division.

They scored two cracking goals at Blackpool the other night, and they were both by a Dutchman too! Bet Jimmy was proud.
I'm looking forward to playing Burton, to hopefully take revenge for our annoying form against them in the league cup 2/3 years ago.
Better than most Championship teams and some PL ones too, so not half bad.

Yeah I suppose so :smile:. Just watch when have derby games like Sheffield united we could see over 20k !
If Bournemouth/Blackpool/Burnley can all go to the top flight then anyone can.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed :yep:

Original post by blackened_sky
I'm looking forward to playing Burton, to hopefully take revenge for our annoying form against them in the league cup 2/3 years ago.

Who's your team?

Me too! Glad you see what I mean. Was a quality appointment from Burton's part. I watched the Bournemouth documentary on Sky, was incredible really. Oh really? I thought Uwe was a poor appointment really as I've said many times. He just doesn't scream 'long term manager', feels like the type of situation where he'd be gone by Christmas. But yes Burton, good on them.

Leeds and Wednesday yes, Wigan too arguably.

Don't forget ourselves in the 'used to be good' category, though the demographic of those who can remember it fall more into the grey hair category these days.
Original post by redleader1
Yeah I suppose so :smile:. Just watch when have derby games like Sheffield united we could see over 20k !

I expect a full house for when we visit, no excuses.

Who's your team?

The mighty Blades
Original post by blackened_sky
The mighty Blades

Had to google that :colondollar: Sheffield United, okay ((:

Quick Reply

Latest