The Student Room Group

What grade did you get in Maths GCSE (Edexcel Mathematics A only)

This poll is closed

What grade did you get in GCSE Maths (Edexcel A)?

A* 48%
A 27%
B 18%
C 5%
D or below2%
Total votes: 44
How did everyone find the GCSE Maths paper grade boundaries and what grade did you achieve?

I thought the grade boundaries were quite low this year which allowed many people to get A* in GCSE Maths which was a reason why there was an increase in the percentage of people getting A - A* in GCSE Maths.

Did anyone think the examiners were generous and if the grade boundaries were slightly higher, they'd miss out on the grades they've achieved?

This poll and thread is only aimed at the people who took the GCSE Maths (Edexcel A) exam.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Did anyone else not get a breakdown of what there marks where for maths...I did for all my subjects apart from maths with no numbers just the letter grade?
hey do you guess know what 58 points is? That's an a* but how many marks???
Reply 3
Original post by aamirac
Did anyone else not get a breakdown of what there marks where for maths...I did for all my subjects apart from maths with no numbers just the letter grade?

Edexcel doesn't show the marks for GCSE Maths, well I don't think so :P. You'll have to ask the head of Maths in your school or the Exams Officer.

Original post by coconut64
hey do you guess know what 58 points is? That's an a* but how many marks???

It means that the grade A* weighs 58 points. The average point score is required to enter certain sixth forms or colleges etc. The A* gives you 58 points.
Reply 4
I got an A and pretty much everyone at my school got what they expected and were targeted to get
Reply 5
Original post by Chittesh14
Edexcel doesn't show the marks for GCSE Maths, well I don't think so :P. You'll have to ask the head of Maths in your school or the Exams Officer.
It gives the breakdown for every other Edexcel exam though? That's why I'm a little confused. I'll just ask tomorrow
How did everyone find the GCSE Maths paper grade boundaries and what grade did you achieve?

I thought the grade boundaries were quite low this year which allowed many people to get A* in GCSE Maths which was a reason why there was an increase in the percentage of people getting A - A* in GCSE Maths.

Did anyone think the examiners were generous and if the grade boundaries were slightly higher, they'd miss out on the grades they've achieved?

This poll and thread is only aimed at the people who took the GCSE Maths (Edexcel A) exam.

We could speed this up. 32274 people got an A*, ......
Reply 7
Original post by aamirac
It gives the breakdown for every other Edexcel exam though? That's why I'm a little confused. I'll just ask tomorrow

Maybe it could be because the raw mark is equivalent to the UMS. But, that's no reason as to why they shouldn't display it on the results sheet.
Reply 8
Maybe it could be because the raw mark is equivalent to the UMS. But, that's no reason as to why they shouldn't display it on the results sheet.

It literally just gives the grade letter and the number of points, nothing in between. :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Original post by aamirac
It literally just gives the grade letter and the number of points, nothing in between. :s-smilie:

Yeah lol, I got my grade today aswell :s-smilie: for maths only though as I'm not in year 11 hehe.
Yeah lol, I got my grade today aswell :s-smilie: for maths only though as I'm not in year 11 hehe.

That's fine, you are still a candidate that sat the exam.
Original post by aamirac
That's fine, you are still a candidate that sat the exam.

Yeah haha, was so tensed lool.
I got a B , well ****.... I'm disappointed...
I got 116 so a firm B
Original post by resit27yrold
I got 116 so a firm B

Did you ask your schools exam officer for the mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
A* :smile:
I'm starting to think I got the highest in the country ( 181/200)
Original post by ihatehannah
I'm starting to think I got the highest in the country ( 181/200)

I'm pretty sure, one of the highest in the country :P. It's quite high to be honest, doubt it's the highest though :s-smilie:. Nevertheless, way higher than what I probably got haha. How did you find out your mark?
I'm pretty sure, one of the highest in the country :P. It's quite high to be honest, doubt it's the highest though :s-smilie:. Nevertheless, way higher than what I probably got haha. How did you find out your mark?

You can go on results plus or phone up your school to find out your raw mark.

Quick Reply