The Student Room Group

How many hours do you revise a day?

How many hours a day do you revise???? Like weekdays and weekends

Scroll to see replies

september - march/april none just do the homework

then probably april/may 2 a day 4 at weekends
may and june probably about 4 weekdays and 6 weekends
Reply 2
8 hours per day, every day. However, I am self-taught, making this period my total study time.

EDIT: This started from February and ended after the exams.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by pomma

It totally depends on the time of year and how difficult i am finding the subject. I used to do about 6 hours of chemistry per week (not including homework, but we didn't get a lot) because there is a lot to remember, but for geography, i used to revise for about 6 hours a week leading up too the exam and i was fine :biggrin:
I only did homework, then revised 2 weeks before exams started with 12-16 hours revision a day
Original post by pomma

Well, for GCSEs I hardly used to put in any time but when it got nearer to the exams I used to put around 20 hours on weekdays and 12 hours on weekends. For A-Levels, I used to spend approximately 15 hours on normal weekdays and about 8 hours on weekends. But, when it came to exam leave, I spent 10/11 hours a day..
(edited 8 years ago)
About 1 and a half hours until around 3-4 months up to the exams, at which point it increases to a maximum of about 4 hours a day. I don't like cramming :P
I never really kept count of how many hours. Plus, I didn't start properly revising until mid-March.
Reply 8
From February up until my AS exams, I revised for 3 hours a day while I was at school, and then 8 hours in half term or at weekends.
For A level - Found homework useless so I didn't do it (except for maths). I read the revision guide through the year for biology starting in September, a few pages at a time, so I had a solid base. Started proper revision in April 3-4 hours per day 7 days a week
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by 123456789012
Well, for GCSEs I hardly used to put in any time but when it got nearer to the exams I used to put around 20 hours on weekdays and 12 hours on weekends. For A-Levels, I used to spend approximately 15 hours on normal weekdays and about 8 hours on weekends. But, when it came to exam leave, I spent 10/11 hours a day..

what grades did you get for a levels?
not a lot.

I just do the past papers and leave it there :tongue:

Most of them take about an hour so about 1-2 hours a day
For GCSE's I probably revised not at all throughout the year(just doing homework and extra work when I had a test), then at exam times I was probably doing around 4 hours a day. I achieved A* A* A A A A A A A A B(damn latin), plus a B in AS Critical Thinking that I did whilst doing GCSE's.

For my AS levels, I probably revised about the same as GCSE, but as everyone knows AS levels are a lot harder than GCSE, so my grades really went downhill. I got really complacent with working and homework and such, as I felt I didnt need to work as hard due to my good GCSE results. This ended in me having to re-take a load of AS modules during my A2 year.

For A2's on a normal weekday I would probably come home after spending all day working at school, do my set homework plus an extra 1 1/2 to 2 hours on top of that for general revision. Weekends during the year I probably did three or four hours a day, and the same for holidays. Exam time I would probably do at the least 6 hours a day, normally around 10/11 hours during study leave. Ended up with grades I am very happy with :P.

Guys, take it from me, A levels are no joke so don't go into them with the same attitude I did or you will unfortunately probably pay the price :/
Reply 13
Original post by Lady_cattofkiki
For GCSE's I probably revised not at all throughout the year(just doing homework and extra work when I had a test), then at exam times I was probably doing around 4 hours a day. I achieved A* A* A A A A A A A A B(damn latin), plus a B in AS Critical Thinking that I did whilst doing GCSE's.

For my AS levels, I probably revised about the same as GCSE, but as everyone knows AS levels are a lot harder than GCSE, so my grades really went downhill. I got really complacent with working and homework and such, as I felt I didnt need to work as hard due to my good GCSE results. This ended in me having to re-take a load of AS modules during my A2 year.

For A2's on a normal weekday I would probably come home after spending all day working at school, do my set homework plus an extra 1 1/2 to 2 hours on top of that for general revision. Weekends during the year I probably did three or four hours a day, and the same for holidays. Exam time I would probably do at the least 6 hours a day, normally around 10/11 hours during study leave. Ended up with grades I am very happy with :P.

Guys, take it from me, A levels are no joke so don't go into them with the same attitude I did or you will unfortunately probably pay the price :/

What AS grades did you get and what was your overall A level grades?
Original post by preetg97
I only did homework, then revised 2 weeks before exams started with 12-16 hours revision a day

That sounds painful

Posted from TSR Mobile
October - April - 1 hour a day learning the content from class
April - May - a past paper a day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pomma
What AS grades did you get and what was your overall A level grades?

BCDD for AS then ABBB for A2, still could have done better if I would have bloody well worked harder in my AS year -.-
A-Level: 3-4 hours a day, and about 5 or 6 a day on weekends. Got me A*A*A. I think it's important to spend as much time as it takes on working through the concepts and understanding them. It's pointless revising something you already know very well for the sake of doing X number of hours a day. Likewise it's silly to spend only 3 hours a day revising if you have loads to cover in only a few weeks.

I revised the DAY BEFORE for one of my first year papers at Oxford (early medieval history) and I got a high first. With efficiency you can totally revise the week before an exam (would never recommend this though).
0 hours
Anywhere from one to four hours. ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest