The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sampowell92
I haven't looked into any UG requirements as it's just not an option for me. Sorry!

Just phoned up Southampton who said that last year they had people in within the region of 1800-2500 for their GEP course?! They do it based on the applicant pool and had really low applicants apply haha, that may be my hopeful GEP application :')
Original post by kuroudo93
Just phoned up Southampton who said that last year they had people in within the region of 1800-2500 for their GEP course?! They do it based on the applicant pool and had really low applicants apply haha, that may be my hopeful GEP application :')

They definitely said for the GEP course? That's very surprising but encouraging if true!
Can I get into Medicine ? I just got my GCSE Results
I'm okay about my results...not too happy...

Maths- A (1 mark off an A* , that's pissed me off)
Chem- A*
Biology- A
Physics- A
Business studies- A
Computing- B
Media studies- B
Eng Language- B
Eng Literature-B

Someone please tell me ?
They definitely said for the GEP course? That's very surprising but encouraging if true!

haha yeah! i asked them to clarify and they were like yup, we had a lot of people apply with low UKCAT scores :')
Original post by kuroudo93
haha yeah! i asked them to clarify and they were like yup, we had a lot of people apply with low UKCAT scores :')

Was 1800-2500 the range of applicant scores or the range of scores given an offer? If it's the latter, then they have people on their GEM course with a 450 average ukcat?? Sounds quite unlikely...
Was 1800-2500 the range of applicant scores or the range of scores given an offer? If it's the latter, then they have people on their GEM course with a 450 average ukcat?? Sounds quite unlikely...

Exactly what I'm thinking... an average score of 450 is far and away from the lowest decile (535.7)...
There is no way on Earth the highest score Soton received last year for GEM was 625 average. Gotta be a mistake there somewhere.
Original post by MJK91
There is no way on Earth the highest score Soton received last year for GEM was 625 average. Gotta be a mistake there somewhere.

I'd imagine adding 100 onto that for an average score
I emailed Kings & got a reply today. This is what they said (insert photo) image.jpg

630 😱 I always thought kings wanted 700+ guess it depends on everyone's results each year on the UKCAT!

Just thought I'd share the email! As it proves it doesn't depend on just the UKCAT!

I just realised that's for A100 not A102 ... I'll ask them & share once I get a reply hopefully
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Emily Thorne
I emailed Kings & got a reply today. This is what they said:frown:insert photo) image.jpg

630 😱 I always thought kings wanted 700+ guess it depends on everyone's results each year on the UKCAT!

Just thought I'd share the email! As it proves it doesn't depend on just the UKCAT!

I just realised that's for A100 not A102 ... I'll ask them & share once I get a reply hopefully

looking forward for that answer.
Original post by money-for-all
Can I get into Medicine ? I just got my GCSE Results
I'm okay about my results...not too happy...

Maths- A (1 mark off an A* , that's pissed me off)
Chem- A*
Biology- A
Physics- A
Business studies- A
Computing- B
Media studies- B
Eng Language- B
Eng Literature-B

Someone please tell me ?

This is the graduate entry medicine thread, you may find this more useful http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2112295
Original post by macarenafc92
looking forward for that answer.

This is what she said:

image.jpg

720 ... For this year 😞
I'll be honest thats not too bad for Kings, last years was higher I think.
Original post by Absorbaloff
I'll be honest thats not too bad for Kings, last years was higher I think.

I guess your right ... Could have been worse aha ... But I'm mainly sad for myself LOL
I guess your right ... Could have been worse aha ... But I'm mainly sad for myself LOL

So does the whole "taking academic performance to date" still apply with the graduate selection?
Original post by Amywool
So does the whole "taking academic performance to date" still apply with the graduate selection?

GEM's selection process isn't as clear cut as UG entry. Some universities put emphasis on UKCAT/entrance exams, while some want you to have experience, some don't care too much about experience, you can get in with 2.2 - 1st, you can get in with a variety of a-level performance/subjects. I do wish the entry was standardised across the boards, but I guess that takes away the variety of applicants, but it also makes it really difficult to pick universities they have the best chance to get into.

How did you do in your UKCAT? Don't feel sad, look at all universities you can apply to, there are some that can be very lenient with UKCAT scores
Reply 1597
My UKCAT is in 3 days and I still haven't mastered time keeping for VR and QR. I genuinely am so worried that I won't even get avg mid 650 because they're so low. I'm good at AR but now closer to the exam am not spotting any patterns. DA is as easy as 123 but the algorithm will screw me up. I AM SO SCARED. It's going to be such a waste if I don't get above 700 and can't even apply this year ;-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Absorbaloff
How did you do in your UKCAT? Don't feel sad, look at all universities you can apply to, there are some that can be very lenient with UKCAT scores

I got 580! Which is basically the lowest average I have seen on here lol - I'm going to apply to 2 UKCAT unis - even though I'm awaiting rejections but need my options filled ... What did you get if you've done it yet?
Original post by tw781
My UKCAT is in 3 days and I still haven't mastered time keeping for VR and QR. I genuinely am so worried that I won't even get avg mid 650 because they're so low. I'm good at AR but now closer to the exam am not spotting any patterns. DA is as easy as 123 but the algorithm will screw me up. I AM SO SCARED. It's going to be such a waste if I don't get above 700 and can't even apply this year ;-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Relax, I'm sure you'll be fine. What resources have you been using?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending