The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shaz78
I haven't received email from UU about it yet wat does it say to do ? Thanks

It was from Vanessa Butler, the course director at Magee. She sent an attachment instructing us to make an account with NISCC online, and when an account is made we would have to wait 15 minutes to complete a student application
How do you complete a student application I don't know know where to go on the website
Wow. Nicola. That was a big step, and it looks like it paid off with your Queens offer!!
Original post by Nicoh88
I have turned down 3 year at BMC...I knew it was most likely I wasn't going to take the place so didn't think it fair to hang onto it till the last minute!! Hope someone here gets it :smile:

Wow. Nicola. That was a big step, and it looks like it paid off with your Queens offer!!
Reply 1624
Original post by Nerdizzle
It was from Vanessa Butler, the course director at Magee. She sent an attachment instructing us to make an account with NISCC online, and when an account is made we would have to wait 15 minutes to complete a student application

I'm part time so maybe that's why I haven't heard anything yet....I hope lol
well done
Original post by Lilyshea

Thank you! so chuffed :smile: I know, i was kicking myself as soon as I got off the phone from UU, but I knew realistically it would be a nightmare getting to Derry in 3rd year as I live in castlewellan.
Yes. The 3rd year threw me also cos I'm near Newry and have kids. I'm driving up n down

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not too far from me then :smile: Yes I will be travelling as well because I have 2 children!!
Original post by Tammyl84
I got an offer for 3 year at Queens. I have to pass my maths GCSE first. I am very excited tho.

My partner got declined he had applied for 2 and 3 year, so it's a bitter sweet day.

Well done everyone!

Tammy x

tammy did you pass you maths :smile:
Reply 1630
Hi everyone I'm new to this! Starting in Magee 2year social work! Did everyone get the email from Vanessa butler bout registering with niscc? I got registered but don't know how to apply as a student waited fifteen mins! Any1 else struggling with this! Any help would be great👍
Original post by Maj29
Hi everyone I'm new to this! Starting in Magee 2year social work! Did everyone get the email from Vanessa butler bout registering with niscc? I got registered but don't know how to apply as a student waited fifteen mins! Any1 else struggling with this! Any help would be great👍

Hey im going to magee for two yr aswell, i got email from Vanessa but planning to do that on Saturday Wen im off work.
where u from?x
Reply 1632
Hi jenny I'm from letterkenny so it's only half an hour in the road for me, the worst thing is I don't get the social work bursery so have to work as well which I'm nervous about cos the course seems so full on! The list of forms she sent aswell about access ni and plo forms, only scanned through them but it's full on and we haven't even started lol! Do u live in Derry or dya have to travel? I'll ring niscc in morning see if I can get registered lol, not good on technology
Reply 1633
Original post by Maj29
Hi jenny I'm from letterkenny so it's only half an hour in the road for me, the worst thing is I don't get the social work bursery so have to work as well which I'm nervous about cos the course seems so full on! The list of forms she sent aswell about access ni and plo forms, only scanned through them but it's full on and we haven't even started lol! Do u live in Derry or dya have to travel? I'll ring niscc in morning see if I can get registered lol, not good on technology x
Reply 1634
Original post by jenny coll
Hey im going to magee for two yr aswell, i got email from Vanessa but planning to do that on Saturday Wen im off work.
where u from?x

This how bad at technology I am that I don't even know how to use this thread lol
Original post by Maj29
This how bad at technology I am that I don't even know how to use this thread lol

Lol dont worry technology and I wouldn't b great together either. Yea i only scanned at the emails. Whats the other form she sent other than access ni?

Im from Banbridge but stayin up near magee mon tues an wed nights until cmas. Jus so as i don't have to travel exvept for mon morning's and Thurs nights cz it a long enough journey lol.
thats a shame about bursary!!how cum u not eligible? Il probably need to work at least one day ovr weekend too jus to keep me afloat lol.
R u looking forward to starting?im getting really nervous lol an worst of it is im missing the induction days.as I'm away on holiday
Reply 1636
Hi guys I live in Derry so if there's anything I can check out or help use with please
Just shout. :-)
Hey guys hope you've all been keeping well! Turned down my Belfast met offer for 3 year couple of days ago so hope someone gets it. Was offered 3year at queens so can't wait! :smile: I think the family open day is the 12 of September and you've to book a place but not completely sure. All unis will send you info about the bursary Etc. but I am looking to know if we do our accessni check with them in our induction week? And I was already signed up to niscc as a care assistant. But does anyone know how I say I'm a student now? Do you go to the employment box? (Anyone that's had a niscc account already please help me! 😁) thanks!
Reply 1638
Original post by Sconlon96
Hey guys hope you've all been keeping well! Turned down my Belfast met offer for 3 year couple of days ago so hope someone gets it. Was offered 3year at queens so can't wait! :smile: I think the family open day is the 12 of September and you've to book a place but not completely sure. All unis will send you info about the bursary Etc. but I am looking to know if we do our accessni check with them in our induction week? And I was already signed up to niscc as a care assistant. But does anyone know how I say I'm a student now? Do you go to the employment box? (Anyone that's had a niscc account already please help me! 😁) thanks!

Hiya I tried registering also, I'm going to ring them soon to see! I can't even see an option to say 'register as student' confusing lol. If u read through the forms I think we fill it in as much as we can and save it on a usb pen and our class tutor does the rest!
Reply 1639
Original post by Maj29
Hiya I tried registering also, I'm going to ring them soon to see! I can't even see an option to say 'register as student' confusing lol. If u read through the forms I think we fill it in as much as we can and save it on a usb pen and our class tutor does the rest!

But I'm with uu so maybe it's different with the forms for queens

Quick Reply

Latest