The Student Room Group

Should I get a remark? (GCSE RESULTS)

I was wondering if I was close to the next grade in any of these subjects?
In English language I got a score of 175 (grade B)
In English literature I got a score of 196 (grade A)
In Additional science I got a score of 316 (grade B)
In German I got a score of 221 (grade B)
What exam boards?
Original post by ryanrobinson
I was wondering if I was close to the next grade in any of these subjects?
In English language I got a score of 175 (grade B)
In English literature I got a score of 196 (grade A)
In Additional science I got a score of 316 (grade B)
In German I got a score of 221 (grade B)

If your additonal science is AQA (which I think it is judging from the score of 316/400 (most likely) then you would need 4 more UMS points to get an A as the A boundary is at 320 UMS.
Original post by Kholmes1
What exam boards?

German Aqa
Science Aqa
English Edexcel
Original post by Calzs34
If your additonal science is AQA (which I think it is judging from the score of 316/400 (most likely) then you would need 4 more UMS points to get an A as the A boundary is at 320 UMS.

How many marks is that ? Yes it is AQA
How many marks is that ? Yes it is AQA

Well it depends how many UMS points you got in each paper and which paper you'd be asking to be remarked unless you are sending the whole lot to be remarked?
English language you are exactly on the boundary so you need another 25 to get to an A English literature you are 4 into the boundary so you need another 20 to get an A*
Original post by Lemur14
English language you are exactly on the boundary so you need another 25 to get to an A English literature you are 4 into the boundary so you need another 20 to get an A*
So is 200 points an a*?
Original post by Calzs34
Well it depends how many UMS points you got in each paper and which paper you'd be asking to be remarked unless you are sending the whole lot to be remarked?

I would ask for my chemistry paper to get remarked which I got a B in (73 points) because I thought I got better than that in the chemistry paper.
I would ask for my chemistry paper to get remarked which I got a B in (73 points) because I thought I got better than that in the chemistry paper.

If your chemistry paper were to go from 73-77 it would be four more marks (and this is because a large proption of the UMS is given out in the first 20 marks for instance 20 marks=60 UMS, however it is not a linear relationship. )
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
I need help... I got a ums score of 277 for addition science which is 3 away from a b.. But the deadline for choosing the subjects I want for sixth form is this Sunday... What do I do???
Original post by Lemur14

So is 200 points an a*?

No, in language its 200 for an A, 225 for an A* and in literature 192 for an A and 216 for an A*
should i get a remark for edexcel maths, got 151 and grade boundaries 155
[QUOTE="yupppp89;58711279"]should i get a remark for edexcel maths, got 151 and grade boundaries 155[/QUOTE
I would if I were u but how much do u care about maths? If u care about maths a lot then get it remarked
Original post by Lemur14
No, in language its 200 for an A, 225 for an A* and in literature 192 for an A and 216 for an A*

ok thank you
[QUOTE="ryanrobinson;58711699"]
Original post by yupppp89
should i get a remark for edexcel maths, got 151 and grade boundaries 155[/QUOTE
I would if I were u but how much do u care about maths? If u care about maths a lot then get it remarked

im doing it for alevel, thanks :smile:
Does anyone know how much marks were needed r for wjec English language?

Quick Reply

Latest