The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=Habanna;58585727]Has anyone in central London been given a contract yet? Or any information regarding salary. If so, would anyone be willing to share what their salary will be (a salary bracket), only because I'm looking to relocate to closer to central London and am wondering weather it will be feasible with my salary because I know rent prices in London are sky high!

Thanks a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile

All depends on department.. It's around £24k-£26k and some also get London weighting which can also be around 2k extra! I chased my department about induction and apparently no final details as of yet.
Original post by Habanna
Has anyone in central London been given a contract yet? Or any information regarding salary. If so, would anyone be willing to share what their salary will be (a salary bracket), only because I'm looking to relocate to closer to central London and am wondering weather it will be feasible with my salary because I know rent prices in London are sky high!

Thanks a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile

This does depend on your department, I would just ask the person who has been in contact with you. HMRC told me the following:

We are contacting you to advise that the current salaries for Band O Officers within HM Revenue and Customs are as follows:· National - £23,367· London - £27,016
Original post by Strike101
Got a conditional offer from hmrc fast track cyber security apprenticeship. They never mentioned what the conditions were...

Today i got my a level results and did not get three 3 A-C. I have already received an induction date and a start date.

Do they ask for my a level grades from this point onwards to verify i got 3 A-C? Or is it past that stage now since i have already passed all their stages and even have a start date

Hey - I'm in a very similar situation! Have you had your induction yet>? Have you heard anything else since?
Contact your department or the person who sent you the letter. They are always happy to help. :-)
Contact the department or the person who sent you the letter. They are happy to help
Original post by Suauk123
Just letting some of you know, especially those on cyber security, induction lasts two weeks and is in Sheffield except for 2 days which will be at Heathrow

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Only for DWP
Did anyone else who was on the reserve list who was told that there were more positions in November now get an email from Mr Todorovic today? (If that makes sense)
Original post by Lizzieperlizzie
Did anyone else who was on the reserve list who was told that there were more positions in November now get an email from Mr Todorovic today? (If that makes sense)

Yes
Original post by Lizzieperlizzie

Yeah I got an email Friday saying the same thing.
Has anyone else received forms to fill in from QA Apprenticeships or anyone else?

I haven't received any forms at all! No security check bits or anything! Anyone else? Hope I'm not alone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1871
Original post by arnie118
thanks, glad Im not the only one, I'll get a look on fb later. fingers crossed its because of the relocation. Ill happily wait till Oct if it means working in Manchester.

Are you still looking for a place in manchester, I have been offered one but don't really want it.
hi, yes I am still hoping to get moved to Manchester, I've been emailing a lot over the past few days and they are working on it, fingers crossed the can sort this. If you contact them I guess they can put 2 and 2 together and sort it I'd hope.
If you're moving to London then I can recommend Clapham and Balham for places to live!

Which roles are you all applying for?
Two VERY QUICK QUESTIONS about Disclosure form I recieved!

1. Are we required to pay for it or forward to civil service without completing the payment details section?
2. Who do we put as the countersinger on the back page or is this for the recruitment team to fill in?

I am asking here as I would probably get a quicker reply than emailing these questions|
Thanks in advance!
Original post by minty17
Two VERY QUICK QUESTIONS about Disclosure form I recieved!

1. Are we required to pay for it or forward to civil service without completing the payment details section?
2. Who do we put as the countersinger on the back page or is this for the recruitment team to fill in?

I am asking here as I would probably get a quicker reply than emailing these questions|
Thanks in advance!

They pay for it and you leave the countersigned part blank

Got my start date and working hours etc today (operational delivery in Manchester HMRC), i start on the 14th of September and its for 37 hours a week Monday to Saturday - the hours are flexible (flexi time) with the office opening at 8am and closing at 8pm Monday/Friday and 8am to 4pm Saturday (It states i have to do 1 Saturday every 6 weeks on a rotational basis).

For my placement it has 6 weeks of initial training between 8:30am and 5pm, I've sent my acceptance of this along with a request on pay info as i still haven't received anything with yearly pay grade or pay frequency etc

Edit.
Got a response regarding pay grade/frequency and dress code and part of it is great and part is quite shocking.
---
I am on £18,415 a year, I'm very happy about this as this is upper band on Operational delivery outside of London. Pay is on the last day of the month, if this is a weekend its the last Friday of the month.
-
Even though i start on the 14th of September and pay is issued on the last day of a month i will not be paid anything at all in September, this is somewhat shocking to say the least as i was expecting perhaps at least 1 weeks pay at a minimum - but apparently its none at all.

EDIT. I requested clarification on this, it seems if you start at HMRC on or around the 15th of a month you may not be paid during that month, but whatever you would have earned that month is paid on top of the next months wage.

Thankfully there is a salary advance system in place, so i can apply for part of Octobers money to be paid to me at the end of September or thereabouts (with the clarification above, its stated to be £300 for salary advance) - i hope to god that the pay at the end of October is a full months wage (over even more if it includes Septembers pay).
-
The dress code for the office is what i witnessed on the day i handed my forms in and it wasn't a casual Friday, it is simply just smart casual so you can wear jeans etc as long as you look decent.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey everyone. Does anyone know what the health checks involve? Do they drug test? Thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm quite similar I've been put in Anniesland job centre when there is about another 4/5 so much closer - it's only a 45 min drive away but in rush out probably takes longer
Original post by Suauk123
Has anyone else received forms to fill in from QA Apprenticeships or anyone else?

Me too. It's just to enrol in the qualifications.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending