The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

HI, what are the chances of receiving an accommodation offer if UEA was the insurance choice?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by kidder007
Applied for accommodation months ago and haven't received anything. Half the places are gone. Am i guaranteed to get anywhere?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't panic. As people said above, the offers are sent out in batches so not having one yet is not an issue.

If you are an undergrad and live more than 12 miles away and firmed UEA then you are guaranteed accommodation.

They do not do it on a first come first served basis. They look at all the choices and try to maximise them so that as many people as possible get their preferred choice.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else in Courtyard A Flat 3? :smile:
Original post by runefrog129
I am in constable terrace! Studying International Relations

I'm in constable terrace doing international relations and politics :smile:
Original post by megan3782
I'm in constable terrace doing international relations and politics :smile:

Wooo! I applyed to do IR and History but I want to change over to IR and Politics! What flat are you in? :biggrin:
Wooo! I applyed to do IR and History but I want to change over to IR and Politics! What flat are you in? :biggrin:

Yay, cant wait to start! I'm in flat 15, you?
Original post by megan3782
Yay, cant wait to start! I'm in flat 15, you?

Me either I'm so excited (yet a little nervous). And I'm flat 9, quite close I guess!
In Colman House, CH14M, anyone else or some Facebook groups?
Original post by dmcque
Hi!

I'm going to be studying Education at East Anglia but I have completely forgot what Accomodation is nearest to the facilities the department use!? Is anyone able to help me as I'm worried I will have picked silly Accomodation. Also if anyone else is hoping to study education.... Let me know!!

Thanks
D

I'm studying education too!!
Original post by Name is too lon
I got Victory House

How ****ed am I?

Same here man/woman!

Anyone else?
Still haven't got an offer of accommodation. Slightly worried because I put them as insurance choice so I'm not sure if/when I'll get information.
Original post by emtheelf
Still haven't got an offer of accommodation. Slightly worried because I put them as insurance choice so I'm not sure if/when I'll get information.

have you confirmed that you are going there? It might be worth contacting admissions or accommodation @uea to ask them. Did you get the email saying you would find out this week?
For anyone wanting to know where on campus their accommodation is:

https://www.uea.ac.uk/about/visiting-staying/campus-map

Click on accommodation from the icons along the bottom, even if you're in the halls furthest from the square (middle of the campus) you'll only be 10 minutes (15 if you're in the village) from Library, lecture theatres & SU bar.
have you confirmed that you are going there? It might be worth contacting admissions or accommodation @uea to ask them. Did you get the email saying you would find out this week?

I contacted the university to change my email used for it and I seemed to be on the system then and have got emails about what I need to do before I arrive but I haven't heard anything about my room allocation at all since I first sent off my application. I logged in earlier and it said my application was processed when I sent it in May but I don't really know what's going on.
For all insurance and non-guaranteed accommodation applicants, this is what I received when I contacted UEA today

'We encourage our insurance students to apply for accommodation so that in the eventuality we can offer them a room we will have their preferences to hand. However as I stated, the demand this year has been extremely high from our guaranteed students which means our non-guaranteed students are even less likely to receive an offer. If you are lucky then you will hear from us in the next few weeks. However, I would still advise you to contact HomeRun in the interim in order to avoid arriving at university without any accommodation at all. Our colleagues there will be very helpful in finding you suitable living arrangements for your first year at UEA.'

They're expecting us to look into private accommodation as it's unlikely we're getting university accommodation.
I contacted the university to change my email used for it and I seemed to be on the system then and have got emails about what I need to do before I arrive but I haven't heard anything about my room allocation at all since I first sent off my application. I logged in earlier and it said my application was processed when I sent it in May but I don't really know what's going on.

If I were you I'd leave it for today but then tomorrow or soon after email admissions and ask to be safe
If I were you I'd leave it for today but then tomorrow or soon after email admissions and ask to be safe

I did email after you suggested it and they told me I'm unlikely to get accommodation (and all other insurance students too) trying to work out what to do now.
I did email after you suggested it and they told me I'm unlikely to get accommodation (and all other insurance students too) trying to work out what to do now.

Oh no! Good luck with trying to find somewhere. Maybe you could look at shared flats (with other insurance students) in the city? I think they will be reasonable price

have a look at the university run house finder site home run- there's posts about students looking for housemates :smile:
Oh no! Good luck with trying to find somewhere. Maybe you could look at shared flats (with other insurance students) in the city? I think they will be reasonable price

I have been told that's my only real option if I'm completely rejected from accommodation. I don't really want to live in the private sector first year though. It's a bit of a dilemma. I'm considering deferring but I'm not sure if they'd let me if this is the reason why.

Latest

Trending

Trending