The Student Room Group

UClan Lawson Hall / Roeburn - Haunted?

This may seem like an odd question but I'm currently living in Lawson Halls and there have been a few occasions where I've felt like I'm not alone here. Nothing super scary but just slight uneasiness.

I used to live in Roeburn Halls and that was a lot worse. I would wake up in the middle of the night after feeling like someone was running towards me from my door, would hear running up and down the hallway outside when no one was there, the motion sensor lights would turn on without anyone walking past, hand prints appeared on the walls and furniture seemed to get moved around in the night.

Now, I do have a very active imagination and I wouldn't be surprised if I have scared myself into imagining a lot of this but has anyone else experienced anything similar? The part of Roeburn I lived in was the section that faced the old train tunnels if that helps.

Simply curious.
Original post by narpip
This may seem like an odd question but I'm currently living in Lawson Halls and there have been a few occasions where I've felt like I'm not alone here. Nothing super scary but just slight uneasiness.

I used to live in Roeburn Halls and that was a lot worse. I would wake up in the middle of the night after feeling like someone was running towards me from my door, would hear running up and down the hallway outside when no one was there, the motion sensor lights would turn on without anyone walking past, hand prints appeared on the walls and furniture seemed to get moved around in the night.

Now, I do have a very active imagination and I wouldn't be surprised if I have scared myself into imagining a lot of this but has anyone else experienced anything similar? The part of Roeburn I lived in was the section that faced the old train tunnels if that helps.

Simply curious.

Hey sorry this is like a completely not relevant thing kind of but i was looking to find my flatmates and i just came across this, is roeburn actually haunted??? bc that's where i'm moving into and i was wondering if there was anything spooky occurring
Reply 2
Well it's hard to say, I'm a superstitious person anyway and while I lived in Roeburn I was suffering with mental health problems. It's very possible that it was paranoia that made everything happen in there. Aside from that though, Roeburn were nice halls and very comfortable.
Original post by narpip
Well it's hard to say, I'm a superstitious person anyway and while I lived in Roeburn I was suffering with mental health problems. It's very possible that it was paranoia that made everything happen in there. Aside from that though, Roeburn were nice halls and very comfortable.

hey i just thought i would reply and say i'm living in roeburn now in flat 37 and we're actually heading to the tunnel now, but we've had some extremely odd things happening in the flat so i think there's 100000% truth to what you've been thinking!
I read somewhere that Roeburn was build where an old children hospital or orphanage was in victorian times. I moved in a week ago and sometimes hear kids singing at night. and things in my flat keep moving or turning on when no ones around.
Hey! I forgot about this - just graduated uclan but spent my full year in Roeburn. There was more than one occasion I thought there was someone watching me whilst I was in the common room/kitchen, and the hall lights would quite often turn themselves on and off but other than that it was pretty chill! I did find out whilst I was living there that the Miley Tunnel is right next to it (and supposedly haunted) so maybe that affected me in some way knowing that.Hope you're enjoying halls!
Hey! Bizarrely I have just stumbled on to this but it is very interesting you mention that you felt uneasy in Lawson halls. I lived there for a year in 2014/15 and someone in the building sadly committed suicide in that academic year - I think she was in flat 27? Both before and after I had a very uneasy feeling too as if i was being watched, the layout of the rooms at the time also was quite eerie, not much sunlight in the bedrooms if you weren't given one of the rooms with the big windows.

Quick Reply

Latest