The Student Room Group

HELP! Can I change Clearing choice?

My clearing choice confirmed my place yesterday and I have followed their instructions to enrol at the uni. Although the uni is great for my course, it is not close to home, which was a top priority for me when I was picking my uni choices. I am having severe anxiety just thinking about moving away. Can I still change to another clearing uni even though I have enrolled at my current clearing uni? :frown:
No I don't think you can, especially if you have already enrolled. I know you're anxious about moving away but honestly if you can pluck up the courage to go it will be the best decision you ever make.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by mizzsnazzter
No I don't think you can, especially if you have already enrolled. I know you're anxious about moving away but honestly if you can pluck up the courage to go it will be the best decision you ever make.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. I am feeling extremely anxious right now. I shouldn't haven't rushed into enrolling... What are my options right now?
Original post by cajach
Thanks for the reply. I am feeling extremely anxious right now. I shouldn't haven't rushed into enrolling... What are my options right now?

You need to ask your university to send you back into clearing. That may take some time. Spend that time deciding what you really want.
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
You need to ask your university to send you back into clearing. That may take some time. Spend that time deciding what you really want.

Thank you for your response. Currently the clearing lines are closed so I wanted to get some advice on here. I know you can't tell me for sure, but do you think I will still be able to be released back into Clearing, even after I've enrolled at the current uni?
I don't think you can but call ucas when its back open
Original post by cajach
Thank you for your response. Currently the clearing lines are closed so I wanted to get some advice on here. I know you can't tell me for sure, but do you think I will still be able to be released back into Clearing, even after I've enrolled at the current uni?

After you've enrolled? Do you mean you intend to turn up at the university and sign all the papers and then back out? I don't think you mean that, but if you do, it's a very ill-advised thing to do.

If you mean will the university let you go back into clearing, then yes, they will, but doing it quickly won't be at the top of their to do list. Clearing runs until the 21st September, but the good stuff runs out quickly, so if you are planning on putting in an application for another university, you need to do your research and be ready to go the minute your current choice frees you.
Reply 7
Original post by cajach

You have to ask your current university to release you.
I was told to do this via email.
Make sure you know what other university you want to go to.
Original post by cajach
My clearing choice confirmed my place yesterday and I have followed their instructions to enrol at the uni. Although the uni is great for my course, it is not close to home, which was a top priority for me when I was picking my uni choices. I am having severe anxiety just thinking about moving away. Can I still change to another clearing uni even though I have enrolled at my current clearing uni? :frown:

I suggest first to contact ucas and tell them about the situation and then you find a uni closer to ur house that u are happy with then contact them if they can take u. if they do accept u, then call ur current uni that u are enrolled with to release u. BUT make sure the uni u called up have space available for u.
Reply 9
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
After you've enrolled? Do you mean you intend to turn up at the university and sign all the papers and then back out? I don't think you mean that, but if you do, it's a very ill-advised thing to do.

If you mean will the university let you go back into clearing, then yes, they will, but doing it quickly won't be at the top of their to do list. Clearing runs until the 21st September, but the good stuff runs out quickly, so if you are planning on putting in an application for another university, you need to do your research and be ready to go the minute your current choice frees you.

After they accepted me on UCAS, they sent me information on how to enrol at the university. I don't know what its implication was but I'm guessing it's sort of like confirmation of my place. Somebody above said they don't think I can change my clearing choice now, especially now that I've enrolled which has freaked me out.. But thankfully I haven't arranged fee payments or accommodation or anything. I will research and ask my uni to release me once I can get hold of them, and try and get a provisional offer elsewhere. Thank you, I feel better now :smile:
Original post by cajach
After they accepted me on UCAS, they sent me information on how to enrol at the university. I don't know what its implication was but I'm guessing it's sort of like confirmation of my place. Somebody above said they don't think I can change my clearing choice now, especially now that I've enrolled which has freaked me out.. But thankfully I haven't arranged fee payments or accommodation or anything. I will research and ask my uni to release me once I can get hold of them, and try and get a provisional offer elsewhere. Thank you, I feel better now :smile:

Enrolment is usually about physically turning up at the university, which you haven't yet done, as the term hasn't started. If all they have given you is information on how to do it, then you haven't enrolled. Phone them first thing on Monday and talk to them. They certainly won't want someone who is going to drop out straight away - it's bad for them as well as for you. I don't know if any universities are manning the phones this weekend, but you could try.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending