The Student Room Group

I got 13 A*s AMA

Hey guys!

I'm not trying to brag or anything but I (somehow) managed to get 13 A*s for my GCSEs. As well as an awkward A haha. Soooo ask me anything and I'll reply :smile:

EDIT: This thread is really about me answering revision/gcses questions and sharing my knowledge, so I can help other people. Not trying to be arrogant, just passing on any tips!
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by student_1999
Hey guys!

I'm not trying to brag or anything but I (somehow) managed to get 13 A*s for my GCSEs. As well as an awkward A haha. Soooo ask me anything and I'll reply :smile:

Post a picture of your results sheet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations on your grades young squire!
Ur so cool bro
Congratulations! What A levels you taking?

What university are you aiming for? Oxbridge?

What career do you want to pursue?

Honestly, how hard did you find gcses?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by randyortonrko
Congratulations on your grades young squire!
Thank you so much!!!!
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Ur so cool bro
haha thanks :wink:
Reply 7
I think saying "an awkward A" completely contradicts that you're "not trying to brag" and sounds quite egotistical. Anyway, Congratulations on your excellent results!
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Ur so cool bro

thx
Reply 9
Contragulations!
How much did you revise? and what revision techniques did you use?
Original post by ScreamingWhisper
Congratulations! What A levels you taking?

What university are you aiming for? Oxbridge?

What career do you want to pursue?

Honestly, how hard did you find gcses?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I honestly have no idea what university I am aiming for haha! I do want to go to a Russell Group uni. Although Durham sounds amazing. I want to study Chemistry or chemical engineering at uni, but probably would change it to biological sciences since my math isn't really my strong point. Honestly, GCSEs were incredibly difficult for me. I had in total 18 exams, so the pressure was really high. There wasn't any exam that I could say was easy, all exams were so hard!!!
Original post by Edosawr
I think saying "an awkward A" completely contradicts that you're "not trying to brag" and sounds quite egotistical. Anyway, Congratulations on your excellent results!

haha yeah now that you say that, it does sound like i am bragging. What I meant is that it's just a bit awkward saying 13 A* and 1 A! I'm not trying to brag haha. Sorry if I sounded egotistical man! Thanks :smile:
I second the posting of your result sheet.
Original post by darciaak
Contragulations!
How much did you revise? and what revision techniques did you use?

Honestly, I revised almost everyday for at least 2 hours, I guess hardwork pays off!

Revision techniques I have used and I think work are:
1) Definitely go online and use the specification for the subject. This way you can be sure that you cover everything and not revising extra bits that you don't need to know (which would be a waste of time).
2) Use past papers!!! As well as past papers try looking for specimen papers, which are often harder and really tests you. Many of the questions are created based on the speciment papers.
3) Make your notes look nice (but don't spend too long on them). Personally, I think that if you spend a short time trying to make your notes nicer and more presentable like by using colour, you feel more motivated to revise.
4) Use mindmaps!
5) Use a good revision guide and make sure you actually understand the information not just memorising it.
6) Take regular breaks, to allow your brain to absorb the info.
7) Go over notes at least three times.

Hope this helped :smile:
I third the posting of your results sheet. Im sure that if I dont see it in 10-20 minutes im gonna assume you downloaded it from the internet :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
11892239_859379717473395_7320111089846216338_n.jpg
Original post by LividLion
I second the posting of your result sheet.

This only shows 11 but I did three last year.
Original post by Jeena_hunt5476
I third the posting of your results sheet. Im sure that if I dont see it in 10-20 minutes im gonna assume you downloaded it from the internet :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just posted it! It only shows 11 cos I did science, additional science and french last year! See the post above you!
11892239_859379717473395_7320111089846216338_n.jpg

This only shows 11 but I did three last year.

Good stuff, well done chap
Just posted it! It only shows 11 cos I did science, additional science and french last year! See the post above you!

Omg well done!!! Thats so good! Actually proud of you even though I don't know you ahha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LividLion
Good stuff, well done chap

Thank you!!!

Quick Reply

Latest