The Student Room Group

Should I Try A Remark English Language

Hi, I got a D in my English language exam. It says I have 170 marks equiv, and 40 points do you guys think it will be worth trying? How many marks is a c. Please can someone help me?
Need to know the exam board mate, and then you can check the grade boundaries which are in a sticky post
I think you need 180 about 5 raw marks might be worth the try.
Reply 3
Original post by neon_reaper
Need to know the exam board mate, and then you can check the grade boundaries which are in a sticky post

ocr mate!
Original post by lewischapman
Hi, I got a D in my English language exam. It says I have 170 marks equiv, and 40 points do you guys think it will be worth trying? How many marks is a c. Please can someone help me?

I think that 180 UMS was a grade C overall, so you're only 10 UMS away, and considering English is very subjective, I'd say you should go for the remark. Goodluck if you decide to do so!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lewischapman
ocr mate!

Original post by GCSEStudent386
I think that 180 UMS was a grade C overall, so you're only 10 UMS away, and considering English is very subjective, I'd say you should go for the remark. Goodluck if you decide to do so!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with this guy. Out of 300 UMS you got 170, and 180 is the boundary for a C grade, so you're 10 UMS (marks equivalent = UMS) off a C grade, so I'd say it's worth it. One of my friends got this remarked and it went up 14 UMS

Quick Reply

Latest