The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Reformed
North Africn gunmen attempting to murder civilians seems pretty safe bet its islamic terrorism once again - of course we will all stand corrected if these guys turn out to be jews or buddists.

you are fast becomeing a cliche of the guy that rushes in to defend any suggestion of islamic terrorism - careful you dont worsen your reputation tsr1269

Why would you want to "stand corrected" when you can be correct the first time around by simply waiting until it's confirmed?
Reply 41
is this you trying to stir debate or can you be that ignorant

who do you think it is that gives the terrorists their ideas?

LockheedMartin. :rolleyes:
Original post by Errm2
Why would you want to "stand corrected" when you can be correct the first time around by simply waiting until it's confirmed?

i guess to show that the truth is obvious, to anyone that has a grasp on reality ( i know this doesnt apply to you)

so much so people are willing to assume that this is again the work of islamic inspired terrorism, purely because it almost always is.
As salafism/wahhabism is allowed to grow, terrorism will remain and increase as a threat to humanity in both the middle east and the western world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Errm2
LockheedMartin. :rolleyes:

nope the answer is Islamists.

they are responsible for the majority of terrorism, sometimes by direct action but mostly by the deliberate influence of weak minds int he muslim community, to encourage acts of this type. They acheive this with a mix of false political propaganda and islamic doctrine which seems to be a powerful influence on muslim youth in gnereral
Original post by Anubis532
As salafism/wahhabism is allowed to grow, terrorism will remain and increase as a threat to humanity in both the middle east and the western world.

Posted from TSR Mobile

islamists, and therefore terrorists, come from pretty much all sects of islam, and the doctrines they utilise is pretty much the same too whatever sec
(edited 8 years ago)
HOOOORRAAHHH

take that filthy terrorists

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
i guess to show that the truth is obvious, to anyone that has a grasp on reality ( i know this doesnt apply to you)

so much so people are willing to assume that this is again the work of islamic inspired terrorism, purely because it almost always is.

It can't be the truth if you have to later correct yourself.

That's a contradiction in terms.
Reply 48
nope the answer is Islamists.

they are responsible for the majority of terrorism, sometimes by direct action but mostly by the deliberate influence of weak minds int he muslim community, to encourage acts of this type. They acheive this with a mix of false political propaganda and islamic doctrine which seems to be a powerful influence on muslim youth in gnereral

How would you define an Islamist?
Original post by Errm2
Looks like you picked up a wayward strawman on your travels there.

I'll do the decent thing and leave it hanging...

I call it probing your logic. Unless you don't want to refute my challenge?

And this will be on an indefinite basis?

Parole works in the same sort of way: if you cannot show you are not a danger to the public, then you won't be released.

I don't think that word means what you think it means but if you think I've dodged your point, let me pick it up.

Why do you consider the beliefs of an Islamist "dangerous"?

That wasn't the point you dodged. You attacked an argument I didn't in fact make in that post (that all Islamists are dangerous) and asked a question to shy away from the point.

The point was how it can be scaremongering to expect a dangerous Islamist to be taken off the streets who nearly goes on to massacre a train full of people.

As to your question, I believe that any attempt to control society and exercise state functions in line with literal Islamic law would inherently lead to violence and unacceptable harm.
Original post by Errm2
It can't be the truth if you have to later correct yourself.

That's a contradiction in terms.

yet i wont have to later correct myself.

you may do ( or more likely someone will correct you as is usually the case)
Original post by Errm2
How would you define an Islamist?

someone who promotes applying islamic edicts and doctrines on a society or other people beyond just themselves
Reply 52
yet i wont have to later correct myself.

you may do ( or more likely someone will correct you as is usually the case)

The point flew over your head, as I've noticed it does oft.
Reply 53
Hope he's looking forward to spending the rest of his life in prison. I think they should just take him round back and shoot him. Why waste the money on a trial?
Reply 54
This is getting out of control.. and if you think about it, these Muslim attacks on western countries only boil down down to the israel-palestine conflict as our troops have already left the conflict areas of Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria... If someone coul resolve the crisis in Palestine/Israel/Babylon it would be greatky appreciated
Original post by Errm2
The point flew over your head, as I've noticed it does oft.

regardless, we can settle your aggreivance right here and now -if these two morons turn out not to be muslims, i would agree to leave tsr and never come back.

however if they do turn out to be , then you must agree to leave and never comeback (including all your new post-banning IDs

how about that?
Original post by gijops
This is getting out of control.. and if you think about it, these Muslim attacks on western countries only boil down down to the israel-palestine conflict as our troops have already left the conflict areas of Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria... If someone coul resolve the crisis in Palestine/Israel/Babylon it would be greatky appreciated

These people don't need a reason, Palestine/Israel issue doesn't relate to us at all.
Original post by gijops

palestine has nothing to do with us or this event as you youll see from your above statement. but evenif that issue was resolved tomorrow, islamists would stir up some other issue in the world to incite murder over - that is what they do, and what islam is used for. you can go to pretty much any country accross the world where there are muslims and see there is underlying conflict between them and other indeigenous faiths - due to the fact they are being fed islamic propaganda to stir up hatred and an agenda to create separate islamic states.
Original post by gijops

It would still happen. Look at Charlie Hebdo - that had nothing to do with Palestine/Israel/Afghanistan/Iraq/Syria, but fanatics' anger at Westerners exercising free expression.
Reply 59
Original post by Lady Comstock
I call it probing your logic. Unless you don't want to refute my challenge?

Potato, Pohtato

I shall leave your strawman swaying serenely in the night breeze..

Parole works in the same sort of way: if you cannot show you are not a danger to the public, then you won't be released.

I do think you have misunderstood what parole entails.

Following the conviction of an offence, you are "released" if you have shown that you have reformed. This is usually reviewed halfway into your sentence and if you are convincing, they let you out but you have to check in every so often with either the Police and/or your probation officer, until you were originally due for release.

My question asked whether it was for an "indefinite period"?

That wasn't the point you dodged. You attacked an argument I didn't in fact make in that post (that all Islamists are dangerous) and asked a question to shy away from the point.

I was just filling in the blanks for you but you did go on to state that you found the beliefs of Islamists dangerous so at least we got somewhere.

The point was how it can be scaremongering to expect a dangerous Islamist to be taken off the streets who nearly goes on to massacre a train full of people.

Has he been convicted of a crime? Should he be convicted of a crime, prior to his attack today?

As to your question, I believe that any attempt to control society and exercise state functions in line with literal Islamic law would inherently lead to violence and unacceptable harm.

From a Western point of view or a worldwide point of view?

Please bear in mind that the term "Islamist" is used the world over so it helps to frame the appropriate reference point.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending