The Student Room Group

London Academy of Excellence 2015 Applicants.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by irfan_blue
Seven Kings was amazinggg

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's it like? Ive been there before but I dont know much about it. And what are the class sizes?
Original post by whaaaaat
What's it like? Ive been there before but I dont know much about it. And what are the class sizes?

The teaching was super the class sizes don't really exceed like 14-16 I'm pretty sure. I got to meet new people and even the internal students were really friendly and open with me. It was great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol i saw you at the lae welcome day. You were in highgate sixthform for that day
Original post by multieman
Lol i saw you at the lae welcome day. You were in highgate sixthform for that day

Lol wow how'd you know that :redface: and I'm not going lae I'm going skhs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Are most people in LAE from around east london. I'm from the north and it would take me quite a while to get there.

Well I'm from North London too and I'll mainly be taking the London Overground to get there (but it's quite expensive though)
Original post by LivToBe
Well I'm from North London too and I'll mainly be taking the London Overground to get there (but it's quite expensive though)

Ahh ok what gcse results did u get?
Ahh ok what gcse results did u get?

I got 2A*s, 5As and 2Bs
Original post by LivToBe
I got 2A*s, 5As and 2Bs

Congratz. Can I ask what part of north london you're from.
Congratz. Can I ask what part of north london you're from.

I'm from Tottenham and thank you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Being a student at LAE, I definitely recommend LAE if your willing to work independently.

I find that the Maths department is really strong with some teachers working out of their own initiative to support students who ask for their help.

I feel as though the word ' independent' gives the impression that you get no help and no support but I can assure you it is the complete opposite.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AmateurMathsGeek
Being a student at LAE, I definitely recommend LAE if your willing to work independently.

I find that the Maths department is really strong with some teachers working out of their own initiative to support students who ask for their help.

I feel as though the word ' independent' gives the impression that you get no help and no support but I can assure you it is the complete opposite.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it true that if you do really bad at AS they kick you out?
Do people drop out mid year?
Im going there next year :h: excited... scared... nervous...
Original post by heyhey55
Im going there next year :h: excited... scared... nervous...

Congratz for getting in! What subjects are you gonna do and what gcse results did you get
I'm going there too. I'm excited
Congratz for getting in! What subjects are you gonna do and what gcse results did you get

7A*s 2As... and a damn B :angry: Wbu?
Lol I forgot I started this forum! I'm going Seven Kings I think LAE is good but seven kings is also great and suits my needs more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aamirac
Is it true that if you do really bad at AS they kick you out?
Do people drop out mid year?

Yes they do kick you out if you do not achieve a minimum of CCC .

Hence they pick candidates with very good GCSE so you have a high potential of achieving those grades.

Students are recommended do drop out of subjects if they do not do well in the mocks mid year or a meeting is appointed with the parents to talk about future plans

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmateurMathsGeek
Yes they do kick you out if you do not achieve a minimum of CCC .

Hence they pick candidates with very good GCSE so you have a high potential of achieving those grades.

Students are recommended do drop out of subjects if they do not do well in the mocks mid year or a meeting is appointed with the parents to talk about future plans

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh that's probably why they have good statistics then.
Oh wow, I thought they would encourage the students to do better instead of the quick route of dropping it. Quite surprised my that actually.
Of course they encourage you to work harder and they motivate you to to do so

!Say if you are doing 4 subjects and in one of them you got a U in the mocks it would be more appropriate to drop that subject so it doesn't hold back the other 3

They want the student to get the best possible result.
I'll be doing maths and further maths, and was wondering would I be in the same maths class (with the same people) for both lessons. Also is the further maths exam board still going to be OCR MEI or has it changed to AQA.
Thanks....

Quick Reply