The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Reformed
someone who promotes applying islamic edicts and doctrines on a society or other people beyond just themselves

Even on a society of Muslims? Even if the Islamist has gotten himself elected?
Reply 61
regardless, we can settle your aggreivance right here and now -if these two morons turn out not to be muslims, i would agree to leave tsr and never come back.

however if they do turn out to be , then you must agree to leave and never comeback (including all your new post-banning IDs

how about that?

Oh, don't be so hasty in making decisions like that. I wouldn't want anyone to put themselves in a bind.
Reply 62
Original post by Scott.
Hope he's looking forward to spending the rest of his life in prison. I think they should just take him round back and shoot him. Why waste the money on a trial?

Because we are not IS or North Korea or any one of the despotic regimes we claim that do not stand for Western liberalism, democracy and human rights?
Original post by Errm2
Even on a society of Muslims? Even if the Islamist has gotten himself elected?

there is no concept of getting elected in islam. an islamist would promote an appointing of a caliph. in islamic history this was usually done violently ( ie a lot of war and murder and the warlord lord left standing takes the caliphate)
Reply 64
Original post by Lady Comstock
It would still happen. Look at Charlie Hebdo - that had nothing to do with Palestine/Israel/Afghanistan/Iraq/Syria, but fanatics' anger at Westerners exercising free expression.

Didn't Charlie Hebdo have an agenda of some sorts? To attack certain people?
Original post by Errm2
Oh, don't be so hasty in making decisions like that. I wouldn't want anyone to put themselves in a bind.

im perfectly happy to make that commitment , the fact that you are already chickening out of doing so, shows you are never confident enough in your spouted bs to stand by it.
Reply 66
there is no concept of getting elected in islam. an islamist would promote an appointing of a caliph. in islamic history this was usually done violently ( ie a lot of war and murder and the warlord lord left standing takes the caliphate)

So the Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, Ennahda, AKP and a whole host of Muslim groups that got elected are not Islamists?
Reply 67
im perfectly happy to make that commitment , the fact that you are already chickening out of doing so, shows you are never confident enough in your spouted bs to stand by it.

I suggest you do whatever makes you happy.
Reply 68
Original post by Errm2
Because we are not IS or North Korea or any one of the despotic regimes we claim that do not stand for Western liberalism, democracy and human rights?

Don't need to be. He would have killed an injured hundreds given the opportunity. He, and the people who want to kill us are cancer. I don't think he deserves a fair trial.

Jut shoot them. It's that simple.
Reply 69
Original post by Scott.
Don't need to be. He would have killed an injured hundreds given the opportunity. He, and the people who want to kill us are cancer. I don't think he deserves a fair trial.

Jut shoot them. It's that simple.

So why are we fighting IS and a whole host of "terror groups" if we are going to act like them?
Reply 70
Original post by Errm2
I don't think it's at all that risky.

Let's say an average of 2 million Muslims globally are actually violent. 2 million out of 1.5bn Muslims is 1.3%.

Using America as a representative example, out of 5723 murders, 2755 were committed by those of the White Race. In % terms, that is equal to about 48%.

Working it out, it seems you are 97% more likely to die from being stuck with a White fella than a Muslim*... :rolleyes:

Those statistics are ludicrous, firstly no statistics from Islamic nations have ever been approved by UN bodies because of instability in the regions (Somalia, Syria, Iraq, Palestine, Yemen, Oman, mali, Libya, Afghanistan and so on do not even have legitimate governments let alone statistics) so how the **** can you preach to me how many Muslims are violent when governments in the Islamic world are too ******* backwards to keep a record on crime unlike the west? They just chop, beat or kill and move on. Seriously the stupidity among some of you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by Errm2
So why are we fighting IS and a whole host of "terror groups" if we are going to act like them?

It wouldn't be acting like them at all.
Reply 72
Original post by The one ed
Those statistics are ludicrous, firstly no statistics from Islamic nations have ever been approved by UN bodies because of instability in the regions (Somalia, Syria, Iraq, Palestine, Yemen, Oman, mali, Libya, Afghanistan and so on do not even have legitimate governments let alone statistics) so how the **** can you preach to me how many Muslims are violent when governments in the Islamic world are too ******* backwards to keep a record on crime unlike the west? They just chop, beat or kill and move on. Seriously the stupidity among some of you.

720,000 million, nearly half of all Muslims in the world, would have to be violent for it to equate to the White Man and his murderous thoughts.

So, stuck in a room with a white man who is 97%* more likely to murder you than a Muslim?

That was unexpected...
Original post by The one ed

you are trying to use logic in an arguemnt with an islamist sympathiser - who generally only familiar with ignorance and at best deceit. obviously his flaw in hsi figures was that muslims ar a tiny proportion of american population - we could move his study over to saudi or pakistan and see you many any times more likely to be murdered or raped by a muslims than a white person.

this is the sort of level you have to operate when communicating with Erm2/tsr1269/footstool etc. remember his only agenda is to justify islamic terorrism
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 74
Why is it always France? Why do Muslims have a particular bone to pick with them? Are you sure it's pure mindless Islamic terror or is it just some guys who are still mad about the Algerian War?
Reply 75
Original post by Scott.
It wouldn't be acting like them at all.

I don't think IS carried out a "fair trial" when they massacred those Shi'ites...
Original post by Errm2
Potato, Pohtato

I shall leave your strawman swaying serenely in the night breeze..

And therefore the substantial hole in your logic shall also remain.

I do think you have misunderstood what parole entails.

Following the conviction of an offence, you are "released" if you have shown that you have reformed. This is usually reviewed halfway into your sentence and if you are convincing, they let you out but you have to check in every so often with either the Police and/or your probation officer, until you were originally due for release.

Not if you're sentenced as a dangerous offender, which he almost certainly would be. And it depends which jurisdiction you are referring to.

My question asked whether it was for an "indefinite period"?

It should be if he poses a danger to the public.

Has he been convicted of a crime? Should he be convicted of a crime, prior to his attack today?

He may have been in this country: preparing for acts of terrorism, attempted murder, etc. As to your second question, I absolutely think he should have been: you aren't classified as 'potentially dangerous' by the intelligence services for pirating music...

From a Western point of view or a worldwide point of view?

Please bear in mind that the term "Islamist" is used the world over so it helps to frame the appropriate reference point.

Both.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by Errm2
I don't think IS carried out a "fair trial" when they massacred those Shi'ites...

They've massacred lots of people. They're scum. One man would have killed hundreds of innocent people. Just shoot him. Why bother with a trial. He wouldn't be found innocent by a jury. Even so, why risk the reasonable doubt?
Reply 78
you are trying to use logic in an arguemnt with an islamist sympathiser - who generally only familiar with ignorance and at best deceit. obviously his flaw in hsi figures was that muslims ar a tiny proportion of american population - we could move his study over to saudi or pakistan and see you many any times more likely to be murdered or raped by a muslims than a white person.

this is the sort of level you have to operate when communicating with Erm2/tsr1269/footstool etc. remember his only agenda is to justify islamic terorrism

I see, I forget this sometimes, they show perfect example of twisting figures and interpreting statistics. No doubt it is similar to how they radicalise people. It is a dangerous behaviour.
Original post by Errm2
Didn't Charlie Hebdo have an agenda of some sorts? To attack certain people?

Even if they did, how does that affect my argument in that post that such acts would still occur regardless of conflicts abroad?
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending