The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Shed End
Eto'o

I'm dying.

That game was pure rape. If Eto'o was in the USA he would have been shot by the 5-0
Original post by jam277
Eden Hazard generally rapes him.

Where is Eden by the way? Last time I saw him he was in Bellerin's back pocket a few weeks back and I haven't seen him since :colone:
Original post by Lúcio
Yeah but in fairness, Torres at Liverpool used to destroy Vidic every single time and he was among the top few CBs in the league.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Drogba was a guy who tended to have everybody's number. Even more than Torres.

He was pretty important for our 9-0-1 tactic.

Original post by leinad2012
Where is Eden by the way? Last time I saw him he was in Bellerin's back pocket a few weeks back and I haven't seen him since :colone:
He been eating too many pork pies again this season.

This mofo is like Rooney after Xmas. Should just not let him play until about september so he's actually fit.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jam277

He was pretty important for our 9-0-1 tactic.

He been eating too many pork pies again this season.

This mofo is like Rooney after Xmas. Should just not let him play until about september so he's actually fit.

9-0-1 :biggrin:

He normally starts quite slow anyway doesn't he? He'll pick up soon enough. I'd be more about Cesc, man normally starts fast and finishes slow but despite a long pre reason hasn't exactly hit the ground running and hasn't played well in months.
"Best young right back in the league"

Vidic had Didier.
Reply 5426
Does that Italian journalist who's relentlessly linking us to Benzema have any credibility what so ever?

He's genuinely annoying me now..

Guy's now said that we've dispatched a private jet to bring Benzema over for a medical, so we can announce hos signing just before kick off on Monday :lol:
Original post by SA-1
Does that Italian journalist who's relentlessly linking us to Benzema have any credibility what so ever?

He's genuinely annoying me now..

Guy's now said that we've dispatched a private jet to bring Benzema over for a medical, so we can announce hos signing just before kick off on Monday :lol:

inb4 leinad says it's me or my relative, maybe if Benzema isn't in tomorrow's selection against Sporting club then it may look abit hazey tbf, worth sticking a bet on it for him not to come seems profitable. Don't think we'll sign anyone now and then I predict Wenger going bat**** crazy in January transfers.

But as i've said, Giroud ain't gonna win us nothing and it's been a very orthodox transfer window for us fans apart from the Cech signing, bare money in reserves but the guy is stubborn asf.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The Shed End
"Best young right back in the league"

I think you uploaded the wrong picture? That's Carl Jenkinson not Matteo Darmian

Original post by Stefano93
But as i've said, Giroud ain't gonna win us nothing and it's been a very orthodox transfer window for us fans apart from the Cech signing, bare money in reserves but the guy is stubborn asf.

We're in exactly the same position with Rooney, at least Giroud isn't on a £300k p/w contract until 2019.
I predict Wenger going bat**** crazy in January transfers

How many times have Arsenal fans said that before? And how many times has Wenger done that before? Even signing Kallstrom on loan with 20 minutes to go on deadline day was a wild one for Arsene.
Guy is very odd, good at predicting little/ medium transfers but is ****ing delusional with Benzema, says he'll sign next week, then "in 48 hours" then "next tuesday". Guy will lose all credibility when it doesn't happen. Lost respect after the " private jet" tweet that he then went back on. That being said I do think we're in for him, neither wenger or benitez denied it which suggests we're in for him.

We can say "Giroud isn't good enough" all we like, Wengers press conferences aren't even cryptic, we're in for a top striker but seeing as there are only 3 really that fit the bill and their respective clubs are in no position to need to sell it is going to make things difficult.

Also Giroud has the 4th highest number of goals in his first 100 games of any arsenal player ever, I think all this bull**** against him is getting a tad disrespectful tbf.
Guy is very odd, good at predicting little/ medium transfers but is ****ing delusional with Benzema, says he'll sign next week, then "in 48 hours" then "next tuesday". Guy will lose all credibility when it doesn't happen. Lost respect after the " private jet" tweet that he then went back on. That being said I do think we're in for him, neither wenger or benitez denied it which suggests we're in for him.

We can say "Giroud isn't good enough" all we like, Wengers press conferences aren't even cryptic, we're in for a top striker but seeing as there are only 3 really that fit the bill and their respective clubs are in no position to need to sell it is going to make things difficult.

Also Giroud has the 4th highest number of goals in his first 100 games of any arsenal player ever, I think all this bull**** against him is getting a tad disrespectful tbf.

I think most people are aware that he has a good goal scoring record, the main criticism being a) he often goes missing in big games and b) he doesn't score nearly as much as he should and think how much a top class striker would score with the chances we create.
So Benzema isnt a world class striker...
(edited 8 years ago)
Honestly the idea that we can't win the league with Giroud is wrong. We only really need him to give effective and consistent performances as a target man especially in big matches eg holding up the ball, bringing others into play and showing 110% workrate. In terms of goals he only really needs to hit at least 18 in the league which is only 2 more than last season, it should easily be accomplishable for him at this stage. Beyond that Alexis will give 12+

The players we should be demanding to make up the goal deficit required for a proper title challenge is Theo, Santi, Ox, Welbeck and Ozil. We only got 21 goals from those 5 players last season. It needs to be alot more realistically.

Theo was out for most of last season I think that makes people tend to discount his contribution for the season ahead, he should be getting 12+ goals. Danny will get 10+ imo and Ramsey needs to be aiming for 10+ too. Ozil, Santi and Ox needs to score at least 7+ non penalty goals in the league. I think if Ox is serious enough he can get 10+
Original post by Rk2k14
So Benzema sint a world class striker...

Said who?
Said who?

One of the guys on your TV channel:biggrin:

When he has the midfield he does behind him, he will score goals especially when he's the main focal point of our attack. The issue is he doesnt score enough or usually when it matters.
Original post by sevchenko
Honestly the idea that we can't win the league with Giroud is wrong. We only really need him to give effective and consistent performances as a target man especially in big matches eg holding up the ball, bringing others into play and showing 110% workrate. In terms of goals he only really needs to hit at least 18 in the league which is only 2 more than last season, it should easily be accomplishable for him at this stage. Beyond that Alexis will give 12+

The players we should be demanding to make up the goal deficit required for a proper title challenge is Theo, Santi, Ox, Welbeck and Ozil. We only got 21 goals from those 5 players last season. It needs to be alot more realistically.

Theo was out for most of last season I think that makes people tend to discount his contribution for the season ahead, he should be getting 12+ goals. Danny will get 10+ imo and Ramsey needs to be aiming for 10+ too. Ozil, Santi and Ox needs to score at least 7+ non penalty goals in the league. I think if Ox is serious enough he can get 10+

We needed him to do that job when we signed him, it's been a good few seasons now and he still is fairly medicore in terms of technical ability etc, realistically speaking he isn't going to start putting in workrate week in week out. I wouldn't mind Giroud being second choice striker in competition with Benzema if he does sign, but Giroud being our first choice is a big problem imo, and then theres a deluded someone on here who'll say 'everytings calm cah we got welbeck as backup'
Original post by Numan786
When he has the midfield he does behind him, he will score goals especially when he's the main focal point of our attack. The issue is he doesnt score enough or usually when it matters.

Fair points but that wasn't the case in his first season or for large parts of his second, peoppe are wat to harsh on in and imo he's the 4th best striker in the league (which still means we need to sign another striker)
We needed him to do that job when we signed him, it's been a good few seasons now and he still is fairly medicore in terms of technical ability etc, realistically speaking he isn't going to start putting in workrate week in week out. I wouldn't mind Giroud being second choice striker in competition with Benzema if he does sign, but Giroud being our first choice is a big problem imo, and then theres a deluded someone on here who'll say 'everytings calm cah we got welbeck as backup'

Deluded someone, ****ing quote me if you're going to take shots. If you actually read anything I post properly you'd know that I ****ing despise Welbeck and think he's been one of the worst signings wenger has made. Just because we don't all use this stupid "hurr durr your striker needs to score 30 goals in the league or you won't win the league" logic doesn't mean we're deluded it means we appreciate that a strikers role isn't only to score goals. And anyway I've said we need another striker, more so than cdm imo but I appreciate that this isn't fifa and signings have lots of potential stalling points especially when dealing with Madrid.

Latest