The Student Room Group

Are my GCSE grades good enough for medical school?

I'm wanting to get into medical school, but I'm worried I won't have the grades at GCSE to get in.

I'm currently in year 11 and these are the grades I'm predicted:
A science- A*
C science- A
Business- A*
Maths- A
English- A
Geography- B/A
ICT- B/A
Graphics- B
RE- C

Are these grades good enough? I'm not too sure, but I don't feel like they're good enough
These grades are great! I'm soon to apply and these grades match the requirement =)
Original post by LukeReynoldson
I'm wanting to get into medical school, but I'm worried I won't have the grades at GCSE to get in.

I'm currently in year 11 and these are the grades I'm predicted:
A science- A*
C science- A
Business- A*
Maths- A
English- A
Geography- B/A
ICT- B/A
Graphics- B
RE- C

Are these grades good enough? I'm not too sure, but I don't feel like they're good enough

They are fine but you'll need to apply wisely and avoid GCSE-heavy Med Schools (Oxford, Birmingham etc.). You can find the minimum GCSE requirements for different Medical Schools here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_GCSE_Requirements :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Xenon1305
These grades are great! I'm soon to apply and these grades match the requirement =)

That's relieving to hear. It's just I heard you need all these A*s and it's really competitive. Good luck with getting in as well :smile::smile:
Reply 4
Original post by usycool1
They are fine but you'll need to apply wisely and avoid GCSE-heavy Med Schools (Oxford, Birmingham etc.). You can find the minimum GCSE requirements for different Medical Schools here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_GCSE_Requirements :smile:

Thanks. This is very helpful :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by LukeReynoldson
That's relieving to hear. It's just I heard you need all these A*s and it's really competitive. Good luck with getting in as well :smile::smile:

My results are 5A*/6A an1B in English Lang. Is this good enough, especially the English language
Reply 6
Original post by Nappa
My results are 5A*/6A an1B in English Lang. Is this good enough, especially the English language

That's more than good enough lol,

you need to do good for your A-levels now
Reply 7
Thank you for the reassurance.
Reply 8
There are only 2 million threads about entry requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest