The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Reformed
regardless, we can all see the parralels to hitlers doctrine and those of islamists.

id suggest there are two types - the vehement directly murder -inspiring islamist, maybe al zawahiri ) and the more subtle islamist, perhaps with a law degree form the west, careful with their words so as not to self-incriminate, like say anjem chowdury.

you are a law student too right ? you avoid answering truthfully so i must assume this

Hiter had two types? What are you prattling on about son?
Original post by Errm2
Hiter had two types? What are you prattling on about son?

haha my bad, i keep forgetting you are a king pedant

i of course was referring to two types of islamist. id put you in the 2nd category ( anjem style) do you intend to practice law in the uk , or simply use a degree to keep your fellow islamists out of jail?
Reply 102
Original post by Errm2
Except a state can only be sanctioned to kill after a verdict has been given by a judge/jury. This will necessitate a trial, which should be fair and not a kangaroo court.

If you want the state to record it as an execution and not murder, you need to give the accused due process (i.e: his rights).

I don't think we'd want to travel back to the 13th century where animals like goats where put on trial.

If you do want to go back to those times, you can emigrate and live in Syria...

The state should just be allowed to execute terrorists who were far beyond the planning stage without a trial, or any formal process. Similar to that if an armed security person took him out.
Wow yes everyone on the left has fostered terrorism, everyone on the right just wants peace for us. Jesus christ.

P.S How classy to score political points hours after a potentially deathly event.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 104
haha my bad, i keep forgetting you are a king pedant

i of course was referring to two types of islamist. id put you in the 2nd category ( anjem style) do you intend to practice law in the uk , or simply use a degree to keep your fellow islamists out of jail?

Sunshine, you can put me wherever you like...
Reply 105
Original post by Scott.
The state should just be allowed to execute terrorists who were far beyond the planning stage without a trial, or any formal process. Similar to that if an armed security person took him out.

Took him out....because he posed a very real danger to society at that present event.

Not 10 days later.
Original post by Errm2
Sunshine, you can put me wherever you like...

its pretty obviously really
Reply 107
its pretty obviously really

Okay. :wink:
Reply 108
Original post by MrKmas508
These people don't need a reason, Palestine/Israel issue doesn't relate to us at all.

I thik it does because all of these terror attacks didnt start until the 50's when US and UK helped Israel establish their "homeland" and everytime you hear about an Israeli attack in Palestine, the next day there are backlashes in the west... people be protesting, rioting sometimes even blowing themselves up in response
Original post by SignFromDog
All kaffirs are guilty by merely being non-Muslims.

As the so-called moderate Muslim Mehdi Hassan said, we the kaffirs are "people of no intelligence... cattle".

I've said it another thread: Medhi Hasan is a scum bag. It's a pity the BBC loves him so much
Original post by KimKallstrom
I've said it another thread: Medhi Hasan is a scum bag. It's a pity the BBC loves him so much

An extremist in a suit.

A real 5th columnist.

Your Choudry and the like are in the open with their extremism, Medhi is your media savvy, suit wearing extremist.
probably , because an islamist doesnt beleive in the right to elections ( it isnt islamic) ppl suspect they simply use it to seize power and never let go ( like hitler did)

And Hamas did......
Original post by Errm2
So he hasn't committed any crimes (forget about preparatory crimes for the moment) and you'd still render him in indefinite custody?

We don't know exactly what he had been doing up until this event to be branded 'potentially dangerous', but he may have been caught under laws such as preparing for an act of terrorism or encouraging extremism, but it depends on the jurisdiction he was in at the time. Even if he hasn't committed any crimes, I think there should be a crime that covers such behaviour that leads one to branded 'potentially dangerous' by the intelligence services and indefinite custody should result if the person poses a danger to the public.

So what would your solution be? Clearly there was a failing here if he was branded 'potentially dangerous, yet almost massacred a train full of people. How would you have prevented him arriving at that point given the intelligence that was available?

By the way, if he was classified as "potentially dangerous", wouldn't there be an agent following him or something?

Possibly not, which would be a major failing.

Even though their decision will not affect you in any shape, manner or form?

Yes. I believe executing apostates and gays to be unacceptable wherever it occurs.

A comparable example. How.....quaint.

And apt.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by gijops
I thik it does because all of these terror attacks didnt start until the 50's when US and UK helped Israel establish their "homeland" and everytime you hear about an Israeli attack in Palestine, the next day there are backlashes in the west... people be protesting, rioting sometimes even blowing themselves up in response

Dat dere Ottomon rampaging, killing and slavery doe.
islamists, and therefore terrorists, come from pretty much all sects of islam, and the doctrines they utilise is pretty much the same too whatever sec

No that is false. Just look at the political landscape now. ISIS, Al Qaeda, hizb ut tahrir, nusra front, ahrar al sham, jaish al muhajireen, they are all salafist sunni islamist.

This boils down to the ideology. The salafi school is based on the foundation of extremism. They believe beheading is something normal, they are puritanical, they are takfirists ,(they excommunicate other muslims and deem their slaughter as permissible). They also view non muslims as enemies and those who are not people of the book (i.e christian and jew) are to be massacred and their women enslaved and raped (yazidis today)

The ideas of isis are found numerously in their ideologues, ibn taymiyyah, ibn al qayyim, al arabi, al dahabi. And more modern scholars such as ibn baz (ksa grand mufti in 90s) sheikh abdul aziz (current grand mufti), Mohamed al arefr, adnan al aroor and many others .

It is absurd to say all sects of Islam are islamists, only someone who has no education on Islamic theology and different sects and who has a high level of emotion can say that .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gijops

That's right.

When Muslims in the Philippines take up arms against the Filipino people, it's because of Israel.

When Muslims in Thailand behead Buddhist monks, it's because of Israel.

When Uyghur Muslims in China slaughter civilians in the street, it's because of Israel.

When Muslims launch suicide attacks in Russian subways, it's because of Israel.

When Muslims launch a war against Christians in CAR, it's because of Israel.

Sorry, nobody believes anti-Israel bigots any more. We can see what Islam is doing around the world and whilst 'people' like you would love to blame it all on Israel - we know that Islam, its teachings and its adherents are to blame.
Original post by Errm2
I'm sorry. I didn't realize that an ideology could personally manifest itself physically to carry out an attack. :rolleyes:

You need to tone down on your acid trips...

People are what they think. Get it?
who do you think it is that gives the terrorists their ideas?

If you follow this chain of reasoning to its natural conclusion then Al-Baghdadi can probably retire.
Original post by LockheedSpooky
That's right.

When Muslims in the Philippines take up arms against the Filipino people, it's because of Israel.

When Muslims in Thailand behead Buddhist monks, it's because of Israel.

When Uyghur Muslims in China slaughter civilians in the street, it's because of Israel.

When Muslims launch suicide attacks in Russian subways, it's because of Israel.

When Muslims launch a war against Christians in CAR, it's because of Israel.

Sorry, nobody believes anti-Israel bigots any more. We can see what Islam is doing around the world and whilst 'people' like you would love to blame it all on Israel - we know that Islam, its teachings and its adherents are to blame.

Find civil wars involving Muslims, blame it on Muslims. Flawless logic amirite
Original post by ShotsFired-9941
Find civil wars involving Muslims, blame it on Muslims. Flawless logic amirite

Except none of those are civil wars between Muslims

Back to sniffing glue, mate.

Latest