The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

that's disgusting
Reply 41
Based on the title, I thought you were talking about your father. Thought you were going to talk about how young he was when he had you

:colondollar:
Let's be realistic here, the mere fact you're with someone 20 years older clearly states you have no actual intention to be with him. I can highly doubt that he will stay with you due to not only your age but the image he would have by staying with you. Practically anyone with half a brain cell would understand that it isn't comphrendable not to mention at your age emotions are estatic as it is. I would reevaluate your relationship with him because at the moment you're acting pretty damn foolish
Original post by binkierose
He's never, ever dated someone as young as me - not even close to it. He has an interest in me, not 'almost children'. It's all based on personal interests really - we have so much in common and are so, so similar. We're happy together, and age doesn't stop us being happy.

If you're happy together i guess thats fair enough really, what do your friends think?
Reply 44
Original post by angelcake123
Is he nearly the same age as your mum or dad? Or uncle etc?

Does he pick you up after you finish school? Lol *no disrespect*

Does he get annoyed if you spend more time on your gcse's than spending time on him?

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's the same age as my mother.
He doesn't, no xD he works full time.
And nope! He encourages me to focus more on school than anything else.
Reply 45
Original post by heidiburness
If you're happy together i guess thats fair enough really, what do your friends think?

Our friends know us really well, so they know how similar we are and are happy for us!
Would you complain if it was a 40 year old dating a 60 year old? Most people wouldn't, but it's the same thing. Look at how many celebrities are in age gap relationships - they're perfectly happy!

😂😂

Please don't take me for being rude because I honestly don't have anything against you, but 1. celebrities aren't exactly the best role models for us plebs 2. the vast majority of those celebs started when both were adults. They already had enough maturity (again not a dig at you) to make an informed decision about what they're doing and what they want...16 year olds aren't exactly known for having real standards when it comes to romance. It's very different for him to be dating a 56 year old having gone through 36 years of life and being responsible and mature enough to decide to go forwards with it than dating someone who legally can't even drive

Tbh though it's your life and his, maybe one day you'll look back on this relationship and be horrified and hope that your kids never do this, maybe y'all will still be together and happy and whatnot....so who cares what a random on TSR like me has to say :tongue:
Are you with him to get his money?
Reply 48
If you have similar interests why not just be friends? Treat him as an uncle or something like that.
Reply 49
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Are you with him to get his money?

Hahaha, not at all. Wasn't aware of how much money he had until we'd been dating a while. I'm not a gold digger either - in fact, I'm the opposite. I have no interest in his money at all. I dread him spending money on me.
Reply 50
Original post by Tooly
If you have similar interests why not just be friends? Treat him as an uncle or something like that.

Because I have feelings for him :smile:
I'm not going to judge. I'm almost 17 and I can't say I'd be able to resist someone in their 20s and 30s. :tongue:

How long have you two been together?
Reply 52
Original post by arfah
I'm sorry but that's wrong. You should be at least 18.

What happened to the 'If they are 2 consenting individuals then they can do whatever they want argument'?
Reply 53
Original post by satanicwarmaster
I'm not going to judge. I'm almost 17 and I can't say I'd be able to resist someone in their 20s and 30s. :tongue:

How long have you two been together?

A few months, but long enough for me to know I'd be happy! And to be honest, realistically, I don't think many would! I think it's just one of those things you're against until you experience it yourself xD
Hahaha, not at all. Wasn't aware of how much money he had until we'd been dating a while. I'm not a gold digger either - in fact, I'm the opposite. I have no interest in his money at all. I dread him spending money on me.

Ok :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by saeed97
This is a serious question, do you ever fear, because of his age, that your mum might do a Miss steal yo man on you?

LOL this made me chuckle actually, because I'm pretty certain she had a crush on him before we started dating! She was VERY flirty with him, but I got the prize and she pretty much hates him now xD
It got deleted the first time.

Personal opinion, I suppose?

Not at all. I am very confident in our relationship, especially considering everything we've been through to actually be together. Even if we do break up, I'm not a bitter person, I'd try to keep the friendship going at the very least.

Define hate? I mean, some people don't agree but then they see us together, they get to know us both properly, and they understand why we're pretty much perfect for eachother:P

But it's not a year ago c:

That's a tad naive IMO

I'm 22 and I wouldn't even consider going out with someone below the age of 20. I briefly dated a 19/20 year old when I was at uni and the maturity levels were completely different even though there was only 2 years between us.

I know at 16 etc you feel very mature but I do think, on his side, there's a slightly creepy element to it. You are still at school! You can't even go out for a drink together. If you are happy then good for you but I imagine in the next couple of years as you mature it will bring challenges to the relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
This is completely unacceptable tbh it's kinda sickening too. You're not even an adult yet, so many things wrong with this. The man should be ashamed of himself tbh
Reply 58
Original post by Colour Me Pretty
That's a tad naive IMO

Posted from TSR Mobile

How so? I'm not childish enough to have an easy break up and despise the person because we're not together. Regardless of whether or not we're in a relationship, he's still a good person and someone I'd like to stay friends with for a long time.
LOL this made me chuckle actually, because I'm pretty certain she had a crush on him before we started dating! She was VERY flirty with him, but I got the prize and she pretty much hates him now xD

Or maybe she hates him because he's clearly a creep?

Latest