Ignore post
(edited 8 years ago)
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Modern private home
Sounds like a bargain.
Yup. Is anyone interested?

Like everyone else I'm worried about trustworthy landlords and agents so I am just looking at someone to query this with and if it's all good we can look at getting it together.
Hey, I'm really interested. I'm from London, Im looking to rent and the price seems really good
Reply 6
Hi, my names grace and I'd love to talk about this apartment! very interested as I've recently found out it's likely I won't get uni accomodation!

Original post by doctorchrystal
Details:

ALL bills included:
Water
Electricity
Gas
Heating
Council tax (Which full time students are already exempt from)

Facilities:
Washing machine/ Dryer (Hallelujah)
Modern hob and real oven

En suite bathroom

Hove (10 minutes away from central Brighton)

Cons:
Alone this place is expensive
I think it's technically made to be spacious for one person but I don't care we need a home! lol
I am yet to check it out (so need a room mate to contact me asap)

(Apart from main facilities) The house is unfurnished but as I am super desperate right now I am happy for us to put our heads together to slowly make up a place. I'm the kind of person who doesn't mind sleeping in sleeping bags until our beds arrive lol! I'm also planning a trip to Ikea/ Argos for cheap stuff it has gotten this real!!!! I am also a very sensible and hardworking person as we would be renting privately for the first time I'd really like someone who can be equally as serious about getting this done. I am getting the full grant (so can cover my half easily) and I'm working my hardest to make sure I get a part time job so things get easier and yeah I hope there is someone as brave as me in this!

And trust me this place is BEAUTIFUL!
Hey guys,

I live in Brighton and am about to go into my 3rd year at the University of Brighton. How is your house hunt going?

Brighton is a great place to live and study. The streets here are often paved with furniture :smile: It is not uncommon to come across a random piece of furniture free to a good home outside of someone's house. There is also a great place called Shabitat where you can find all sorts of second hand furniture that is pretty cheap. If you are looking for something a bit cheaper then you can find plenty in Gumtree & the Friday Day Ad.

If you have a bit more cash to play with then you can always do what some international students I know do and you can rent out student furniture packages http://www.roomservicebycort.com/tenants/student-furniture-packages obviously this isn't going to be a good idea if you are going to be throwing house parties :smile:

Hope everything goes well for you...and if you do decide to have some house parties, don't forget to PM me :smile: Seriously though, if you need any advice then please feel free to ask.

-Ed

Quick Reply

Latest