The Student Room Group

How to stop having a crush?

Somehow I have managed to develop a crush on nice guy I know. He is kind to me, and he is good at math (I love math!).

I have positive perception about him, and we talk every now and then, but we aren't very close. Now I have a crush on him and these feelings are driving me crazy. I don't want to experience feelings like this, because I cannot even focus on studying if he is present (we go to same school.

But, I am having hard time stopping it. I have made mindmap listing the rational reasons why I definitely should not be in love, I have tried to avoid seeing him, with absolutely no result. I don't know what to do. How to drive feelings away.

And I know that answer is to wait, but I would like a bit faster resolve :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I had the same problem this year 😭😭 I was absolutely in love with the guy and it was driving me insane! I think I'm over him , I think ! But it took me a really long time.
You just need to prioritise, would you want to risk you're future in you're career over some crush that might not even work out ?
Also when you're a teen or just a young adult you tend to be optimistic about the future of the relationship, so consider do you really want a relationship at this age?
My main motivation is, you have the rest of you're life to think about all this, you're young so go be a kid and relish that you're independent and free you know !
You could sell his soul to the dark lord Satan?

But seriously, the more you think about him, the worse it'll become. I've found with my previous crushes that they only fade when I've stopped obsessing over the guy. You may ask yourself, how the heck do I do that? It's actually not that difficult, just focus on something else: your studies, your friends, your family. You mentioned that you aren't very close, which means you aren't best friends and don't see each other on a regular basis. That makes things easier for you. Doing stuff like talking to your friends about him, making a mindmap about him, they're actually just intensifying your crush. Find another focus and it should go away. If it doesn't, then a little crush never hurt nobody :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by Emilia1320
I have made mindmap listing the rational reasons why I definitely should not be in love

Only on TSR.
what's a mindmap?
Reply 5
Original post by Man.bear.pig
what's a mindmap?

It's a chart where toughts and ideas are listed around topic. I use it when solving harder math problems to list different approaches, on essay planning and appearly also when trying to stop feelings.
It's a chart where toughts and ideas are listed around topic. I use it when solving harder math problems to list different approaches, on essay planning and appearly also when trying to stop feelings.

Rather wonderful thing to have. :smile:
Reply 7
Im afraid you must feel the pain and perhaps masturbate over him for a bit then realise that he could not give you multiple o's the way you do for yourself.
You come be my wife and I give family 10 goats and make love to you have babies.
Original post by Pomum96
Im afraid you must feel the pain and perhaps masturbate over him for a bit then realise that he could not give you multiple o's the way you do for yourself.

Well that is lovely and all. But what about the cuddling afterwards and the foreplay? You can't do that to yourself. :smile:
Original post by william walker
Well that is lovely and all. But what about the cuddling afterwards and the foreplay? You can't do that to yourself. :smile:

Im not putting in that effort if the sex isnt good!
Original post by Pomum96
Im not putting in that effort if the sex isnt good!

Oh well then. Your loss. :tongue:
Somehow I have managed to develop a crush on nice guy I know. He is kind to me, and he is good at math (I love math!).

I have positive perception about him, and we talk every now and then, but we aren't very close. Now I have a crush on him and these feelings are driving me crazy. I don't want to experience feelings like this, because I cannot even focus on studying if he is present (we go to same school.

But, I am having hard time stopping it. I have made mindmap listing the rational reasons why I definitely should not be in love, I have tried to avoid seeing him, with absolutely no result. I don't know what to do. How to drive feelings away.

And I know that answer is to wait, but I would like a bit faster resolve :frown:

wait a minute, what's his name because I think the person you're talking about might be me.
Reply 13
Same here. Focus on one thing, it just has to be one, that you don't like about that person. For me I didn't like that he smoked. Then just remember how irritating that is next time he's around, and the fact that people don't really change their habits. It takes a bit of time but eventually you start seeing the negatives as well as the positives of the person you have a crush on. It may not get rid of it entirely right away, but it'll definitely take the edge off.
Reply 14
Original post by ihatehannah
wait a minute, what's his name because I think the person you're talking about might be me.

*grabs popcorn*
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ihatehannah

Let's hope the OP isn't named Hannah...

😳
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by colourtheory
Let's hope the OP isn't named Hannah...

😳

Nope, name is Emilia (hence my username)
Nope, name is Emilia (hence my username)

At least you're of the hook 😄

Emilia is actually one of my favourite names (with that spelling). I think it's because I have such admiration for Emilia Fox (who's basically my favourite human being ever) :smile:
Reply 18

lol awww you're so cute! just enjoy it- having a crush on someone is so such fun; esp the way it is in high school. enjoy it before you grow up and realise that adult relationships are not as pink and wonderful as a high school crush :smile:
Reply 19
^ Its hard to "enjoy" it when it distracts me from what I should be doing = studying :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending