The Student Room Group

Modern Languages Applicants 2016

I was wondering if anyone was considering applying for languages at university for 2016 entry. What languages are you thinking of studying?

Scroll to see replies

Japanese, gonna apply to Leeds, Sheffield, SOAS and Oxford Brookes!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Junimeg
I was wondering if anyone was considering applying for languages at university for 2016 entry. What languages are you thinking of studying?

Hi :smile:

I'm gonna apply to study modern languages. I definitely want to study Spanish and German (as they are the ones I am currently doing at A-level) and I am gonna apply to start a third from beginners level. I am deciding between French, Italian and maybe Portuguese but I'm not really sure. I want to apply to University of Sheffield, University of Nottingham and Newcastle University as well as Sheffield Hallam. I'm also considering Birmingham and Bangor. How about you?
Reply 3
Hey!
I'm currently taking French and Spanish A Levels (as well as biology and psychology) and am a bit torn. I can't decide whether to do Spanish and Psychology or Spanish and French.

If I do Spanish and French, I'd like to start a third ab initio. I have a little knowledge of German and Italian but can't decide between them!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Junimeg

Well I got my place confirmed yesterday for university and I'm going to be studying Hispanic Studies (Spanish and beginners Portuguese) and beginners French :smile:
I would like to study French at uni.
I'm thinking of applying to Oxford, Edinburgh and Durham, and I am then undecided between St. Andrews, Exeter, Leeds and Warwick.
Reply 6
Hi im currently doing A-Level French and will be applying to do either French and German or French and Arabic
I'm planning on doing Japanese! ^.^ I would love to study at Edinburgh or Sheffield University. What languages were you thinking?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
ARABIC! Actually applying deferred 2017 entry.
Reply 9
Hi
Which unis will you be applying to?
Also, which job do you plan on doing after you graduate?

Btw ill be applying to do Arabic and French
Reply 10
Original post by tebr
Hi
Which unis will you be applying to?
Also, which job do you plan on doing after you graduate?

Btw ill be applying to do Arabic and French

Exeter (Arab and Islamic Studies), Manchester (Arabic Studies), Leeds (Arabic and International Relations), Edinburgh (Arabic and Politics) and SOAS (Turkish and Arabic). Where are you applying? Not sure what I want to do after graduation yet.
Reply 11
Original post by evan241
Exeter (Arab and Islamic Studies), Manchester (Arabic Studies), Leeds (Arabic and International Relations), Edinburgh (Arabic and Politics) and SOAS (Turkish and Arabic). Where are you applying? Not sure what I want to do after graduation yet.

Warwick manchester leeds
Not sure about the other two
Original post by Ruthikins
I'm planning on doing Japanese! ^.^ I would love to study at Edinburgh or Sheffield University. What languages were you thinking?

Have you gone to the Sheffield Open Day yet? :biggrin:
Original post by ABGorilla
Have you gone to the Sheffield Open Day yet? :biggrin:

Unfortunatly I won't be able to go to the Sheffield Open Day, I live too far away to go for a day :frown: I'd be able to go to the Edinburgh one however ^.^ Have you been to either?
Original post by Ruthikins
Unfortunatly I won't be able to go to the Sheffield Open Day, I live too far away to go for a day :frown: I'd be able to go to the Edinburgh one however ^.^ Have you been to either?

Aw, I'm going to the Sheffield one in September. As for Edinburgh, it's too far for me so I'm not considering it in my choices.
I'll be applying for History and Russian at the University of Birmingham, Sheffield, Nottingham and UCL :smile:
I'm just worried that my AS results are a disadvantage. My sixth form also doesn't offer language A levels...
Aw, I'm going to the Sheffield

I'm going to the Sheffield open day on the 5th of September, when are you going? :smile:
Original post by Fleming1928
I'm going to the Sheffield open day on the 5th of September, when are you going? :smile:

Same day! :biggrin:
Same day! :biggrin:

Hehe awesome :h:
Original post by Fleming1928
Hehe awesome :h:

I kinda forgot to print out the confirmation booking page, so instead I printed out the email confirmation, do you think that would be fine to bring to the open day? Or would they probably have a letter when the Open Day pack is sent to me by post lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending