The Student Room Group

I wish my parents were wealthy...

Like the title says. But not so that they could pay for my fancy gadgets or any other temporary material possession but more so that I could have a good start in life with things like properties etc like so many of my friends have :/

Anyone else relate?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Get a life ..tujhay pathan hi mile Gha
i;m a dumbass. i was about to rep an Anon.
:colonhash:

lemme go off TSR and rest, seriously
Reply 3
Original post by Rulezz
Get a life ..tujhay pathan hi mile Gha

excuse me?
Reply 4
Original post by Man.bear.pig
i;m a dumbass. i was about to rep an Anon.
:colonhash:

lemme go off TSR and rest, seriously

what because you can relate to the op?
It isn't always how much wealth your parents have. It is sometimes which contacts they have which they can call upon. My family are well off, but not rich. However they have contacts and know people with power/wealth. I know some people also now. My brother knows nobody. :colonhash:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
I wish i had lego
You'll just have to 'crawl out of the gutter' as they say
Maybe stop dwelling on the past and make something of yourself so that you can have a well-off future. For yourself and maybe future children. What point is there in wish for what could have been different in the past when the past is the past?
Reply 9
Original post by william walker
It isn't always how much wealth your parents have. It is sometimes which contacts they have which they can call upon. My family are well off, but not rich. However they have contacts and know people with power/wealth. I know some people also now. My brother knows nobody. :colonhash:

Just curious, can you give me an idea about how these contacts are useful (i.e. do they get you a job) and how did your parents make these contacts?
Original post by Anonymous
excuse me?

:rofl: someone doesn't know urdu..

what because you can relate to the op?

ya. i have to earn for myself. no help from fam.
Being wealthy and coming from a wealthy area can be so beneficial in life. Its no wonder white people who do average at gcse, A level and uni still manage to get jobs as lawyers and bankers in the city while an ethnic individual with amazing qualifications does not get nothing.
:rofl: someone doesn't know urdu..

well yeah this is TSR, not Bradford...
is this urdu

what is he saying?
well yeah this is TSR, not Bradford...

what is he saying?

:eek4: ohhhhhh ****ttttt
and I'm Indian, I speak Hindi, some Punjabi, not urdu so idk
Just curious, can you give me an idea about how these contacts are useful (i.e. do they get you a job) and how did your parents make these contacts?

Mainly help my dad with his business. I would use my contact to establish a political career if I wanted. My grandparents have stopped building projects near their house because they didn't want it.
Original post by william walker
Mainly help my dad with his business. I would use my contact to establish a political career if I wanted. My grandparents have stopped building projects near their house because they didn't want it.

hmm thats impressive how knowing the right people can give you a fair amount of influence, and this is probably just the start! If you don't mind me asking, are they old family friends or perhaps people your parents went to school with?
hmm thats impressive how knowing the right people can give you a fair amount of influence, and this is probably just the start! If you don't mind me asking, are they old family friends or perhaps people your parents went to school with?

They know these people from their businesses. I know people from talking to them online.
Ungrateful little runt, stop using your parents positions as an excuse for your failures. If you want to be rich and own lots of properties nothing is stopping you except your own inability.
Don't compare yourself to other people, be grateful for what you do have.

Having fancy gadgets and owning a property cannot bring true happiness and satisfaction.

There are probably people on here and irl who wish to have what you have.
Original post by electro14
Being wealthy and coming from a wealthy area can be so beneficial in life. Its no wonder white people who do average at gcse, A level and uni still manage to get jobs as lawyers and bankers in the city while an ethnic individual with amazing qualifications does not get nothing.

"Does not get nothing" - yeah, amazing qualifications must surely get them something :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest