The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2380
Didnt get the accommodation i want. what can i do?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by ben60
Didnt get the accommodation i want. what can i do?

Find someone of the same gender willing to swap with you and contact the accommodation office or wait until October and request to be transferred.
Reply 2382
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
Find someone of the same gender willing to swap with you and contact the accommodation office or wait until October and request to be transferred.

Has to be the same gender?? Damn.
Original post by ben60
Has to be the same gender?? Damn.

Yeah, I think it's so the gender balance in halls/flats doesn't get messed up from loads of people swapping.
Reply 2384
Yeah, I think it's so the gender balance in halls/flats doesn't get messed up from loads of people swapping.

I see. Thank you
Original post by ben60
Good to hear there's someone like me. I rejected warwick for manchester. Just feel like I made a wrong decision

What course did you apply for? And is warwick better on the league table than manchester for your subject? I heard that living cost is cheaper though :smile:
Hey guys I've been given a room in Owens Park in Fallowfield campus and would really like to switch to any accommodation with ensuite in victoria or fallowfield campus. If anyone is interested please let's me know ASAP! Thank you
I've got a room in Denmark Road but was looking to swap for anything in Richmond or Sheavyn

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2388
Original post by Nina77
What course did you apply for? And is warwick better on the league table than manchester for your subject? I heard that living cost is cheaper though :smile:

I applied for mechanical engineering and no, warwick is not better. :smile:
Reply 2389
When is freshers week and what goes down during freshers week?
HiI got 4A* 3A 5B in my GCSE's. A*s were in maths, further maths, core and additional science. I'm planning to get a few remarks so potentially I could end up with 6A* 1A 5B which would also give me an A* in further additional science and English literature. Are these grades good enough to get into Manchester? I'm planning on studying physics if that helps.Please be brutally honest, thanks.
Reply 2391
Original post by ben60

21st to 28th, various stuff. There's the Freshers Fayre, always worth a look. THe Student Union has the official events going on whereas there's lots of unofficial events too.
Original post by BigChicken
HiI got 4A* 3A 5B in my GCSE's. A*s were in maths, further maths, core and additional science. I'm planning to get a few remarks so potentially I could end up with 6A* 1A 5B which would also give me an A* in further additional science and English literature. Are these grades good enough to get into Manchester? I'm planning on studying physics if that helps.Please be brutally honest, thanks.

So long as you do well at college you'll have no problem. Not many universities focus much on gcse's. I got 2A* 6 A 2B and a C, at gcse, then got A*AA at a level, and im going to Manchester this year to study physics.
Original post by ben60

As ekmad said, it's the week beginning the 21st. You can find a full events guide here.
Reply 2394
Original post by ekmad
21st to 28th, various stuff. There's the Freshers Fayre, always worth a look. THe Student Union has the official events going on whereas there's lots of unofficial events too.

Thank you. :smile:
Reply 2395
As ekmad said, it's the week beginning the 21st. You can find a full events guide here.

Thank you. And just another question, am I eligible to apply for accommodation from uni in 2nd 3rd and 4th years as well or do they only provide accommodation for 1st year students?
Original post by johnh545
So long as you do well at college you'll have no problem. Not many universities focus much on gcse's. I got 2A* 6 A 2B and a C, at gcse, then got A*AA at a level, and im going to Manchester this year to study physics.

Thanks for the reply. Also good luck! Are you interested in a particular area in physics? I'm into particle and theoretical. :smile:
Original post by ben60
Thank you. And just another question, am I eligible to apply for accommodation from uni in 2nd 3rd and 4th years as well or do they only provide accommodation for 1st year students?

You can apply but you'll no longer be guaranteed a room unless you're an international student. I applied for accommodation as a current student well before the deadline this year but was rejected.
Original post by BigChicken
Thanks for the reply. Also good luck! Are you interested in a particular area in physics? I'm into particle and theoretical. :smile:

I find most of physics interesting really. I was really into particle physics but i was advised not to focus on that too much seeing as there isnt really much left to discover.
I find nuclear physics very interesting.
I've been offered a standard catered room with basin in Owens Park, looking to swap for a self-catered room, preferably in Fallowfield (Oak house would be ideal), as I'm vegan and really need to be able to cook my own meals, otherwise I'll barely be able to eat anything, I really don't want to be hungry for a year! Please let me know if you're interested smile emoticon

Latest