The Student Room Group

I'm worried my circumcision wound is not going to heal fully

hey guys It's been well over 3 weeks since I've had my circumcision surgery (for personal reasons). The stitches have fallen but the scar is still very visible and not very pleasant to look at. It's still red at the area and still has little blisters at the edge. Does it take more than a month to heal? My surgeon told me not to take any medicine or apply anything on it and I should be fine.Anyone had the surgery? How long does it take to fully recover? Is the scar always visible? Thank you in advance
Original post by Anonymous
hey guys It's been well over 3 weeks since I've had my circumcision surgery (for personal reasons). The stitches have fallen but the scar is still very visible and not very pleasant to look at. It's still red at the area and still has little blisters at the edge. Does it take more than a month to heal? My surgeon told me not to take any medicine or apply anything on it and I should be fine.Anyone had the surgery? How long does it take to fully recover? Is the scar always visible? Thank you in advance

Had a circ about 2 months ago. If by blisters you mean lumps on the suture line, without sign of infection - I had a couple and they did take a while. One is still there but has nearly gone.

The scar will always be visible, as with any, but mine has calmed down a lot from since about 4 weeks and looks a lot neater now.
Reply 2
Original post by spleenharvester
Had a circ about 2 months ago. If by blisters you mean lumps on the suture line, without sign of infection - I had a couple and they did take a while. One is still there but has nearly gone.

The scar will always be visible, as with any, but mine has calmed down a lot from since about 4 weeks and looks a lot neater now.

That is helpful. Yeah that's what I meant by blisters, I do not think It's infected because it's not swollen or anything just those little dark lumps. Did you take any medication or applied any lotion on the wound?
That is helpful. Yeah that's what I meant by blisters, I do not think It's infected because it's not swollen or anything just those little dark lumps. Did you take any medication or applied any lotion on the wound?

Up until about 3 weeks I bathed the wound in 1/5 dilute TCP once a day before changing the bandage (I had sensitivity issues for a while so had to keep it on). Didn't do anything after that.

I wasn't told to do anything with it, though. Wasn't even given information about changing bandages.
Reply 4
Original post by spleenharvester
Up until about 3 weeks I bathed the wound in 1/5 dilute TCP once a day before changing the bandage (I had sensitivity issues for a while so had to keep it on). Didn't do anything after that.

I wasn't told to do anything with it, though. Wasn't even given information about changing bandages.

ok thanks for the input man, i took off the bandage 2-3 days after my operation and haven't applied anything to it yet. If I don't see any improvement signs within the next two weeks i might see my doctor.
ok thanks for the input man, i took off the bandage 2-3 days after my operation and haven't applied anything to it yet. If I don't see any improvement signs within the next two weeks i might see my doctor.

Probably worth a go - I know it also depends on the technique your surgeon used for the circ too. I've seen reports of people having infections and stuff after like 8 weeks and mine was pretty much back to normal after about 4, so it probably varies a lot. Good luck man.
Guys how was the sensitivity...was it unbearable for 2-3 weeks...?
Reply 7

I'd say for 1 week it's pretty damn bad. Couldn't wear tight trousers or exercise and morning bone hurt like hell. After the first 1, 1 and a half week it gets better

Mine was pretty unpleasant for about 2 weeks - even had to walk with a limp for a while to stop this thing brushing against my joggers as much as possible, lol. Keep plenty of jogging bottoms ready.

When rebandaging I just used gradually less and less to try and help adjust. By about week 3 it was fine.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest