The Student Room Group

how to revise a lot

how can you revise 7+ hours a day if you are busy/ easily distracted?
Find a fun/interesting way to revise. I like to highlight stuff and write notes on flash cards about it.
Reply 2
Original post by Shadow Killer

You have to discipline yourself. Make a timetable and put times for each subject including breaks.
Maybe set yourself long term and short term goal? The grade itself could be a long term goal.

I used to make flash cards. I would right the heading/title and then the definition on the other side. I would fold it in half hiding the definition. So, when I picked it up again I would have to write the definition to the heading. You can also get your family to quiz you by either reading the definition of the word or the title and you have to answer.
Original post by Shadow Killer

Go to your local university and use their library.
Find methods of revising that work with your schedule if you're too busy to sit at a desk and write notes, then make and listen to audio versions of your class notes, watch youtube videos, or just try and focus on one small key idea. These are all methods that don't really require a high level of focus, so you should still be able to multitask.

I think the key to revision is not taking it too seriously; you could sit down and copy out text book pages for five hours, or you could do something more fun/less heavy and learn an equal amount.

Good luck!
If I could revise 7hrs in one day my life would be alot easier, I get fedup after a hour

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending