The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Private Accommodation (Didn't get offered uni accommodation)

Is anyone else now looking for private accommodation?
I'm a female, 19 and starting a Music degree in September, and I'm hoping to get private accommodation as close to the Falmer campus as possible.
Any other 1st years interested?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I'm in the same situation. Phoned the housing services to see if I might be able to get uni accommodation but they've had so many applications they said theres basically no chance so I'm also looking private. I'm 18 and start studying Product Design this year so I also need first years to live with
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Hello, i also will have to look for private accommodation.
I will be studying maths.
Hi, I'm 18 studying Biosciences and looking for private stuff. Was thinking of going across on Monday to ask housing services about the off-campus sites they manage, there seems to be quite a few on their website.
Reply 4
Hi!
I'm 18 and going to study politics and sociology at Sussex, I went through adjustment and so wasn't offered accomodation, I'm super nervous about not knowing where I'm going to be living in a few weeks :/
Hi, I'm 19 and studying Biosciences, and seems like we're all in the same boat here. The university emailed me to say the last of the university managed accommodation will be allocated this coming Monday. In the meantime I've been looking for private housing, and there are still some decent properties up there. I was going to wait until Monday and if unsuccessful get a bunch of first years to look for a house. What are your guys thoughts. Alex
Reply 6
I'm in the same boat because Sussex was my insurance choice and I haven't managed to get into campus housing and going on holiday means I'm feeling pretty behind in my search for private accommodation. I'm 18 and going to start Sociology so if anyone is managing to find anything close to Falmer then I'd really appreciate being involved. I've been using sturents.com to search for properties in the BN1 area so if we can get a group interested then that would be great. Let me know. Hannah
Hi, I'd definitely be interested in looking for something as a group! I'm going up on Monday I think to have a look at some stuff and talk to the uni housing office but would like to be involved if we can find something. Sarah
Reply 8
Original post by sarahphillips
Hi, I'm 18 studying Biosciences and looking for private stuff. Was thinking of going across on Monday to ask housing services about the off-campus sites they manage, there seems to be quite a few on their website.

The off-campus sites they manage are part of the allocation process. The only other option is private accommodation, which they will still be able to advise on.

You might want to take a look at http://www.sussexstudentpad.co.uk/Accommodation and join the associated Facebook group.

I've still got the probably false hope that I might get allocated something tomorrow!
Reply 9
I'll be looking for something as close to Falmer as possible, but not too expensive
Reply 10
I think there's 8 of us on this thread as it is, which is a pretty good number :smile:
Reply 11
Hi, Hannah.
If a group is set up please let me know, went through adjustment to get into Sussex and am now panicing a little about not getting uni accomodation
Grace :smile:

QUOTE=boothyj22;58782883]I'm in the same boat because Sussex was my insurance choice and I haven't managed to get into campus housing and going on holiday means I'm feeling pretty behind in my search for private accommodation. I'm 18 and going to start Sociology so if anyone is managing to find anything close to Falmer then I'd really appreciate being involved. I've been using sturents.com to search for properties in the BN1 area so if we can get a group interested then that would be great. Let me know. Hannah
Reply 12
really don't understand the student room 😂 do you guys have Facebook or something? Could make a group chat
Reply 13
Looking on Sussex Student Pad, the most rooms available in one house is 5
I'm in the same situation as well, didn't get offered uni accommodation so will be looking to share private accommodation with other 1st years
Do you reckon they would have emailed you by now if you had uni accommodation?
Alex
Reply 16
Guys, me and Eleanor have been chatting and we've made a Facebook group about this, so if you're still wanting to get private accomodation as a group inbox me on Facebook (grace Olsson) and I'll add you to it.
Do we maybe want to start a Facebook chat? I'm just Sarah Phillips and then Bournemouth or something if you can't find me :smile:
I'm also currently looking for accommodation rang up Sussex and they said it's unlikely I will be allocated anything. My name is Gemma Prince and I'm from north London studying English if anyone wants to start a group looking for a house near the Uni let me know :smile: xx
Hi guys! Sorry to jump in the thread :colondollar: but we heard some of you are in desperate need of accommodation. Unfortunately, we can't help everyone everywhere, but for those of you in London, please check out our Shoreditch & Hoxton sites. They still have some availability on both en-suite bedrooms and studios! :h: Have a fab academic year ahead, everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending