The Student Room Group

Anyone else got a grade(s) they're really disappointed with?

So I'm fairly happy with most of my grades, got 3 A's, 4 B's, 2 C's and a D.

That D is seriously annoying, it was in Spanish and I'm pretty damn sad about it. In the mocks I was consistently getting A's, even from mid-year-10. I got an A in the coursework but the exams.. something must have seriously went wrong - I got a E and a G. I don't even know how that happened, I must have just been really unlucky. This dragged me down to a D and a few UMS of a C, I was considering getting my coursework remarked (it's not worth getting papers remarked as of course it's very unsubjective) but is it possible to get your controlled assessment/coursework remarked? I'm with AQA.

I also just wanted to know is there anyone else who has at least one REALLY disappointing grade which they are surprised at? Mainly under a C, as I can feel less crappy. :tongue:

Thanks.
(edited 8 years ago)
subjectivity is the main reason to get a paper remarked...
Reply 2
Original post by SamuelSingleton
subjectivity is the main reason to get a paper remarked...

Oh yeah sorry, I meant the opposite.
Original post by jak11462

That D is seriously annoying, it was in Spanish and I'm pretty damn sad about it. In the mocks I was consistently getting A's, even from mid-year-10. I got an A in the coursework but the exams.. something must have seriously went wrong - I got a E and a G. I don't even know how that happened, I must have just been really unlucky. This dragged me down to a D and a few UMS of a C, I was considering getting my coursework remarked (it's not worth getting papers remarked as of course it's very unsubjective) but is it possible to get your controlled assessment/coursework remarked? I'm with AQA.

I also just wanted to know is there anyone else who has at least one REALLY disappointing grade which they are surprised at? Mainly under a C, as I can feel less crappy. :tongue:

Thanks.

hello OP :smile:
first of all well done for your other grades :smile: i can appreciate how annoying a lower grade for Spanish would be as i took spanish 2 and hated it. I don't know about AQA as i did WJEC but i don't know if getting a coursework remark would be worth it as it it would only pull it up to a C at best, however this is a pass so if you were close to getting a C perhaps you should consider it. Perhaps you could get the paper remarked? As it seems odd to have been an A grade student to get a D. Whatever the outcome your other grades are really good and if Spanish isn't something you want to pursue as a career it probably won't affect your future at Alevel or university.

:hugs:
Reply 4
Thank you CoolCavy for the kind words. :h:

I think the most annoying thing about it all is the fact I didn't pass one of my GCSE's, having those fairly possibly-above average grades with a D just sitting next to it doesn't look very nice at all and would love for it to be a C, as not only is it a pass but it correlates with the rest of my grades and certainly looks better.

I don't think I should get the paper(s) remarked as it is very unlikely to change but with the coursework I may have a better chance - however, I don't even think I'm allowed to get coursework remarked. :l

Thanks.

I'm really disappointed with a B in AQA French
I was getting close to A*s in all the mocks so was pretty shocked to see the B. I'm 6UMS off an A so am definitely getting it remarked
But for some reason they marked my writing controlled assessment down to a B after my teacher had marked it as an A* :frown:
I got A*s in the reading and speaking and a C in the listening so it kinda doesn't make much sense and I'm just so confused rn
Reply 6
Except for my lonely B in GCSE Art & Design, I'm happy :smile:
Thank you CoolCavy for the kind words. :h:

I think the most annoying thing about it all is the fact I didn't pass one of my GCSE's, having those fairly possibly-above average grades with a D just sitting next to it doesn't look very nice at all and would love for it to be a C, as not only is it a pass but it correlates with the rest of my grades and certainly looks better.

I don't think I should get the paper(s) remarked as it is very unlikely to change but with the coursework I may have a better chance - however, I don't even think I'm allowed to get coursework remarked. :l

That's ok Jak :smile:

Yeah i can understand how annoying it would be especially after putting effort into a subject, i hope it all works out for you whatever you decide :hugs:
Wow, we pretty much got the same results! I got 4 As 4Bs 2Cs and D in this stupid citezenship half GCSE we had to do :/

Quick Reply

Latest