The Student Room Group

I am turning 17 tomorrow. Tell me something you wish you'd known at that age.

Thanks in advance. :h:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by satanicwarmaster
Thanks in advance. :h:

Honestly, there's not much to tell :biggrin: I know, i'm super helpful
Pass your driving test ASAP. You'll get so much pussy
Pluto isn't a planet :-(
Reply 4
if u are 17 u might as well not exist
how to get a job so I wouldn't have had to deal with the bull**** living with my mum :smile:
Original post by K.C
if u are 17 u might as well not exist

Why's that? :tongue:
Original post by Man.bear.pig
how to get a job so I wouldn't have had to deal with the bull**** living with my mum :smile:

Jobs seem depressing, but I'll probably have to work part time at some point this year...
Reply 8
Why's that? :tongue:

the grim reaper's son comes for 17 year olds; i escaped because i beat him at fifa
Original post by K.C
the grim reaper's son comes for 17 year olds; i escaped because i beat him at fifa

I couldn't play that game to save my life. :tongue:
Reply 10
I couldn't play that game to save my life. :tongue:

ok well he challenged my to fifa because i didn't know what to play but if you tell him what to play (something you are good at) you can win easy xx
Reply 11
If you've got one friend with ID you can drink at pubs, just make them go up to get it. Some of the best days in my sixth form were the ones where I got plastered in frees.

Posted from the TSR app - no updates since 2013!
You should virtually have no spots on your face. :biggrin:
I wish I had known that choosing a university based on what you want, not what everyone else wants for you, is important.
That people in the work place would be mean to younger people but not because you were bad at working.. but because they are insecure and jealous.
Uhmm also that people will forget you when they go to university so don't hold on too tight, the ones who are special will keep on contact.
Thats all I can think of atm
That once I'd left for uni I'd never want to return. That I would move to Brighton and that it would be better than anything I'd hoped it could be. That my friends at 17 were awful people (I'd yet to realise it) but I'd meet the most incredible and caring collection of misfits and that I'd finally fit in and find people who love me and see me as I see myself.
Unless they're abusive, your family are literally the only people in the world who have your best interests at heart. Your friends don't really give a **** about you - you simply just provide a way for them to escape their families. Your boyfriend/girlfriend could easily drop you for no good or justifiable reason. Hell, even some strangers probably care about you more than most of your friends and your boyfriend/girlfriend.

Your family (again, if they're not the abusive type) will be there for everything. If you push them too far they will retaliate, but at the end of the day if you try to mend the relationship then you'll get them back on your side. Never ever push your family away from some boy/girl or for your friends because these people come and go whereas your family will stay by your side even after death.
part 2 of being 16 sigh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vixen47
Unless they're abusive, your family are literally the only people in the world who have your best interests at heart. Your friends don't really give a **** about you - you simply just provide a way for them to escape their families. Your boyfriend/girlfriend could easily drop you for no good or justifiable reason. Hell, even some strangers probably care about you more than most of your friends and your boyfriend/girlfriend.

Your family (again, if they're not the abusive type) will be there for everything. If you push them too far they will retaliate, but at the end of the day if you try to mend the relationship then you'll get them back on your side. Never ever push your family away from some boy/girl or for your friends because these people come and go whereas your family will stay by your side even after death.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm feeling the deepness of this advice.
The ponytail was a bad choice.
To start UCAS application early and to enjoy your last year at school, not everything is about grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest