The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aabbxo
Do you know when I could expect to hear from them? I've only applied for accommodation on wednesday tho as i got in through adjustment :/

Well, the deadline was originally Friday as I rang up a few times last week to ask. I've now heard its moved to Monday however I would ring up first think Monday morning anyway to confirm that they have your application and to hopefully speed up getting an offer! I'm not surprised you haven't heard back though if you only applied on Wednesday since they work on a first come first serve basis for room allocation! Hope this helps and I hope you get what you want! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Oliviaere
I got ownes park!! I'm gonna try and switch, let me know if you see anyone who wants to switch Richmond or sheavyn for Owens park x

Awh was that not one of your choices?? Okay I will let you know straight away if I hear about anyone willing to swap! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kayleighls
is there anyone who wants Owens Park? I'm in catered but I'm vegan and won't be able to eat anything they provide so I really really need self-catered! Please let me know!

If you have a genuine reason why you can't eat the food provided by catered halls then you should be able to appeal your offer and if it's a valid reason then they will move you to another hall apparently. But I think this is usually for people with serious allergies etc! I would think they provided vegan options!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a standard catered room in Owens park, fallowfield if anyone is interested? i am looking for an ensuite...preferably self catered but might settle? let me know. 07827293884 / [email protected] or on here.
Original post by Pool743
Anyone looking for a room swap? I have a room with an ensuite in victoria halls on victoria park campus (self catered), Im looking to swap to fallowfield oak house if possible.

i have a room in fallowfield in owens park catered standard if youre intertested? i would love your room. let me know 07827293884 or [email protected]
Original post by lucymitch
Hi, is anyone looking to swap accommodation? I've been allocated Opal Gardens in Victoria Park which is single ensuite but I am really looking for Sheavyn House or Richmond. Please let me know if you want to swap as I am really eager to change!! Thanks :smile:

i have a standard catered room in owen park fallowfield if youre interested. let me know 07827293884
Original post by AOmar94
I've got a room in Denmark Road but was looking to swap for anything in Richmond or Sheavyn

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I'm looking to swap to Denmark road. I've got a catered room at Ashburne hall which is twinned with sheavyn?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elbob08
If you have a genuine reason why you can't eat the food provided by catered halls then you should be able to appeal your offer and if it's a valid reason then they will move you to another hall apparently. But I think this is usually for people with serious allergies etc! I would think they provided vegan options!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I looked at the menu and it's all vegetarian but not vegan. They said they can provide for dietary requirements but I'm worried about the food being very 'samey' you know? Not many people have experience cooking vegan food :frown:
]i have a standard catered room in owen park fallowfield if youre interested. let me know 07827293884
Original post by ben60
is it ensuite? I want an ensuite room and mine is not. I got Whitworth park

No mine isn't :frown:
Hi guys anyone know how much the halls launderette costs ?
Original post by Quantum2123
Hi guys anyone know how much the halls launderette costs ?

I think the accommodation FAQ showed the fees. Not sure about other halls, but Victoria Hall is 1.50
Original post by kayleighls
I looked at the menu and it's all vegetarian but not vegan. They said they can provide for dietary requirements but I'm worried about the food being very 'samey' you know? Not many people have experience cooking vegan food :frown:

Give it a try for the first fortnight, and if it's that's grim you can move to another hall from 1st October

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, got catered accomodation with shared bathroom in Hulme Hall, looking to swap (preferably to ensuite/self catered) :smile:
Is there any point in going to the unofficial/underground events in fresher's week or should I just stick to the official ones?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Is there any point in going to the unofficial/underground events in fresher's week or should I just stick to the official ones?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just go to whatever your flatmates are going to. It doesn't really matter. Fresher's isn't really about which clubs you go to, it's about meeting new people.

I'm not sure I'd refer to those club nights as "underground" either. It makes them sound far cooler than they really are. "Commercial" would be a more accurate term.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Origami Bullets
Just go to whatever your flatmates are going to. It doesn't really matter. Fresher's isn't really about which clubs you go to, it's about meeting new people.

I'm not sure I'd refer to those club nights as "underground" either. It makes them sound far cooler than they really are. "Commercial" would be a more accurate term.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So would you say its better to buy the tickets once you're at Manchester than prebooking tickets from these unofficial facebook pages? I'm just worried tickets for some events will be sold out if I dont buy them now, but I'm also hoping to meet my flatmates/coursemates first so I can go to events with them.. the dilemma.. :L
Original post by Jaska
So would you say its better to buy the tickets once you're at Manchester than prebooking tickets from these unofficial facebook pages? I'm just worried tickets for some events will be sold out if I dont buy them now, but I'm also hoping to meet my flatmates/coursemates first so I can go to events with them.. the dilemma.. :L

The club promoters play on the fears of of new students who are (understandably) nervous about moving away to university and making friends.

In reality, the tickets are unlikely to ever sell out (I have a well founded suspicion that they massively oversell the tickets because they know a large percentage won't turn up when they discover none of their new flatmates have the same tickets.

I'd strongly suggest waiting until you get to Manchester, or trying to find your flatmates via one of those fresher's groups on Facebook and deciding what to do there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ben60
Anyone in here who had an offer from warwick or a higher ranking uni than manchester and rejected the higher ranking uni in favour of manchester?

Yeah I rejected Exeter for Manchester
Hi, I have room with basin at Dalton Ellis if you are interested in swapping?

Latest

Trending

Trending