The Student Room Group

Which grade are you most surprised about?

My History grade surprised me.
In my mocks i got a C.
my coursework was stuck at a B.
I was sure i would fail and even my teacher capped me and didn't bother teaching me how to get the top grades (until i asked.)

However I ended up with an a* overall despite my CW and full marks in paper 1! (I literally consumed the textbook and did every single past paper)

It might not sound like a big deal but I am so proud of myself and no one expected me to do so well. I was in shock.

What was your most surprising grade?
Original post by Frappé
My History grade surprised me.
In my mocks i got a C.
my coursework was stuck at a B.
I was sure i would fail and even my teacher capped me and didn't bother teaching me how to get the top grades (until i asked.)

However I ended up with an a* overall despite my CW and full marks in paper 1! (I literally consumed the textbook and did every single past paper)

It might not sound like a big deal but I am so proud of myself and no one expected me to do so well. I was in shock.

What was your most surprising grade?

I did my GCSE's last year but mine would also be history - I got a D in my mock but full UMS in both exams? No clue how. This year for my AS exams it would be biology unit 2 - the aqa biology exams were awful this year and I legit thought I'd got an E or a U in unit 2 but somehow managed an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
firstly, well done!
and i was really surprised with 2 subjects;
first was statistics (its compulsory if you're in high maths sets) i never paid attention in class, got a B in my first mock and a C in my second mock. then for the official controlled assessment i got a C....and a high A in the paper, overall it came out to an A, I was ecstatic haha
my other one was iGCSE business, i got a C and felt ridiculous, i thought i smashed it. but after a few minutes of research i saw that only 0.5%... yes 0.5% of EVERYONE across the globe who sat the business exam got an A*.. so eh whatever(;

both were done with minimal revision so that might be why
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kokoloko
firstly, well done!
and i was really surprised with 2 subjects;
first was statistics (its compulsory if you're in high maths sets) i never paid attention in class, got a B in my first mock and a C in my second mock. then for the official controlled assessment i got a C....and a high A in the paper, overall it came out to an A, I was ecstatic haha
my other one was iGCSE business, i got a C and felt ridiculous, i thought i smashed it. but after a few minutes of research i saw that only 0.5%... yes 0.5% of EVERYONE who sat the business exam got an A*.. so eh whatever(;

both were done with minimal revision so that might be why

For positively surprised i'd say further additional Science, I had a C for coursework and a D in the mocks I ended up getting two A*s and an A. It averaged to an A though. = )
(edited 8 years ago)
I was surprised I got an A in italian with 1 UMS off an A* in the November mocks I got an E in the listening paper and managed to get an A in the real listening :biggrin:
Reply 5
I was pleasantly surprised with French and Physics- definitely didn't think I got the grades I ended up with! 😅
Business studies, messed around for the whole year and literally did zero work, all I played was Tetris and 8 ball pool with my friends, ended up being the only person in the school who sat the exam to get an a* :h:
AS Biology.
Picked up the book 2 days before the exam and got a A.
Got a U in my mock.

As for a bad surprise.
AS maths.
Got an A in mocks with no revision.
Did like 5 past papers and got a C for the actual thing.
Reply 8
Mine would be further maths. We only studied it for 5 months and even then I spent the whole time crying because I found it so hard. I got an A in the end! Well done on your grades guys :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest