The Student Room Group

what do you do with your old school stuff?

do you keep all your folders and books or throw them all away? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

I usually take apart all my notes and throw them in the recycle bin as soon as I'm done with the course.
Still got a stack of GCSE/A Level textbooks in my room, trying to sell them off on Ebay but it's taking a while. :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Original post by Luindes
I usually take apart all my notes and throw them in the recycle bin as soon as I'm done with the course.
Still got a stack of GCSE/A Level textbooks in my room, trying to sell them off on Ebay but it's taking a while. :s-smilie:

i'm in the process of throwing away all my notes right now:biggrin: i'm throwing away allll my notes from the subjects i'm not carrying on with in A2 to make some space in my room and stuff. it feels so liberating! :redface:
i kept everything including my uniform hahah it just brings back so many memories... school years were the best
Original post by yelloww
i'm in the process of throwing away all my notes right now:biggrin: i'm throwing away allll my notes from the subjects i'm not carrying on with in A2 to make some space in my room and stuff. it feels so liberating! :redface:

Like taking chains off, isn't it? :smile:
Kept the good bits that have memories attached to them and chucked the rest
I just throw everything away from school/college. It's not going to help me later in life.
Kill it. Kill it with fire.
Reply 8
Original post by Cakeyygirl
i kept everything including my uniform hahah it just brings back so many memories... school years were the best

hahah the only uniform bit i have is the typical school shirt signed by all my school friends :colondollar: all other bits i gave away!
Reply 9
Original post by driftawaay
Kill it. Kill it with fire.

i always wanted to have a huge bonfire party just so everyone can collectively burn all their school stuff :^_^: it has yet to happen though!!
I'm keeping some stuff for the memories (like uniform and some pieces of work), but otherwise I'm going to get rid of it all.

I think I'm going to give it to my aunt to use for kindling for her fireplace for the winter, she's always looking for paper for it. At least then it'll be visibly useful, it feels bad just throwing it in the bin even if it does get recycled!

Edit: Just remembered that after my last ever Maths exam I ceremoniously threw a 5kg weight onto my calculator, that was fun :laugh:
(edited 8 years ago)
I don't think I have anything from primary school apart from a few things my mum wanted to keep. I still have a lot of my high school and college work, though (I haven't got round to throwing it away yet - it's buried in the back of various cupboards and I'm too lazy to get everything out) :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by CoolCavy
I destroyed all my spanish books/revision guides after the exam (felt so liberating :laugh:) i have kept everything else though especially the planners. I have kept all of them since yr 7.

I just stick all of the old books under my bed :smile:

i keep all my planners too! they mean much more to me than all of the books :tongue:

Original post by taikibansei
I'm keeping some stuff for the memories (like uniform and some pieces of work), but otherwise I'm going to get rid of it all.

I think I'm going to give it to my aunt to use for kindling for her fireplace for the winter, she's always looking for paper for it. At least then it'll be visibly useful, it feels bad just throwing it in the bin even if it does get recycled!

Edit: Just remembered that after my last ever Maths exam I ceremoniously threw a 5kg weight onto my calculator, that was fun :laugh:

using them for a fireplace sounds like the best thing tbh :redface: imagine around christmas, being kept warm by your burning maths work :biggrin:

Original post by Leviathan1741
I don't think I have anything from primary school apart from a few things my mum wanted to keep. I still have a lot of my high school and college work, though (I haven't got round to throwing it away yet - it's buried in the back of various cupboards and I'm too lazy to get everything out) :biggrin:

i am throwing away sooo much primary school stuff! it has all been kept in the same cupboard and all of my gcse stuff is in there too, i've never thrown away my school work until right now so it's very overwhelming :smile:

Original post by Luindes
Like taking chains off, isn't it? :smile:

PRECISELY
Original post by yelloww
using them for a fireplace sounds like the best thing tbh :redface: imagine around christmas, being kept warm by your burning maths work :biggrin:

Yeah! Although I love the idea of a communal bonfire, that'd be so much fun :laugh:
Original post by yelloww
i keep all my planners too! they mean much more to me than all of the books :tongue:

yes! they are a daily record of school life :biggrin:
I burn it all.
Ripped up and threw away all of those torturous memories.
I still have exercise books from year 1. One day this **** is gunna be collectible
I threw out all that ****..I used to box it but than thought "Why waste good space?"
I take them to my friends house and rip them up, I dont mean rip them in half or quarters i mean really really really small pieces one paper at a time,

He takes all his and rips them up too

We even RIP the ripped paper again then we burnt the bags they were in.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending