The Student Room Group

Starting a relationship with my best friends sister

Scroll to see replies

1/2 my age+7= 16.5 which is basically her age and I think if I talk to my friend first he will be ok with it and her dad likes me since I am one of his sons more responsible friends.
Reply 41
[QUOTE=Anonymous;58792009]1/2 my age+7= 16.5 which is basically her age and I think if I talk to my friend first he will be ok with it and her dad likes me since I am one of his sons more responsible friends.
Why ask if you're so confident in what you are doing?
Original post by Zarek
Why ask if you're so confident in what you are doing?

I just wanted peoples opinions and I'm not so confident, I just said what I hope would happen.
Original post by Handsome_Devil
Is it even legal?

Lol what. How is that even a question, how old are you?
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my friend are both 19 and his sister is 16. We have known each other since we were both around 5 years old. This meant that I have also known his younger sister since she was young. We have always got on well and when she was growing up she did start flirting but I never returned it. Last week some guys were picking on her in the street. They smashed her phone and went to take her purse but I saw them and stepped in and helped her. She was obviously shaken up so I offered to take her home. When we got back to hers the house was empty so she asked me to stay with her until someone got home because she was scared so I agreed.

My friend was staying over his girlfriends and parents were working. We just stayed up watching films and trying to take her mind off what had happened. Her parents phoned saying they would be out overnight so my friends sister asked me to stay the night. I agreed but after a while she started crying so I gave her a hug and she was thanking me. She then leaned in to kiss me. I pulled away and told her she didn't know what she was doing but she leaned in again. This time I responded and kissed her back. Since then we have been meeting up in secret and just hanging out and having fun. We haven't had sex yet, kissing is as far as it's gone but we both love being in each others company and just relaxing watching films.

Now she wants to go public with the relationship but I don't know how my friend will respond and part of time thinks what we are doing is wrong. My friend and his family have been grateful to me for helping her but I think they will think I am taking advantage of her because of what happened even though I'm not
What do you think we should do and do you think what we are doing is wrong?

How did you proceed? how did you help
Original post by DiceTheSlice
How did you proceed? how did you help

I chased them away. Once someone actually started fighting back they got scared and ran off. Then I stayed with her and made sure she got home safely.
are you in uni or college? what about her? ask yourself how long your relationship will last
Original post by scrawlx101
are you in uni or college? what about her? ask yourself how long your relationship will last

I've just finished college and I am taking a year out.
Original post by scrawlx101

Shes just starting college in September
Reply 49
I wouldn't advise you to go through with it unless you want to lose a friend. The fact you are even questioning yourself should tell you. To me it doesn't even sound like you are asking for advise on whether to have a relationship with her but more whether to have sex with her. If you really like her that much and respect her wait until she is older, you can have a good relationship early on without sex.
Original post by Mancini
I wouldn't advise you to go through with it unless you want to lose a friend. The fact you are even questioning yourself should tell you. To me it doesn't even sound like you are asking for advise on whether to have a relationship with her but more whether to have sex with her. If you really like her that much and respect her wait until she is older, you can have a good relationship early on without sex.

I don't care about waiting to have sex. It is her I want and will wait as long as she wants. I have loved spending time with her and getting to know her better since we have been together.
Man if i was your friend youll be dead by now. lol.

NO ONE TOUCHES MY SISTER UNTIL SHES 18!!!! I KNOW HOW BOYS ARE LIKE AND IF THEY THINK OF HER AS A SEX OBJECT. I HAVE ONE ADVICE FOR THEM:

"RUN N*GG* RUN!!!!"

Unless youre someone i can trust and have known for 3 years.

If your gonna go for it make sure your friend trusts you completely
Man if i was your friend youll be dead by now. lol.

NO ONE TOUCHES MY SISTER UNTIL SHES 18!!!! I KNOW HOW BOYS ARE LIKE AND IF THEY THINK OF HER AS A SEX OBJECT. I HAVE ONE ADVICE FOR THEM:

"RUN N*GG* RUN!!!!"

Unless youre someone i can trust and have known for 3 years.

If your gonna go for it make sure your friend trusts you completely

We have been best friends for over 10 years so I think he will trust me as much as he ever will.
She was flirty towards you in the past but you turned her down and now thta you helped her out once you think you love her. This goes against the bro code . Have you no honour
Original post by Pure class
She was flirty towards you in the past but you turned her down and now thta you helped her out once you think you love her. This goes against the bro code . Have you no honour

She was younger when she flirted before so I didn't do anything about it.
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
Lol what. How is that even a question, how old are you?

Clearly not as old as you, you wreak of the kind of wisdom that's only attainable through a long life
I chased them away. Once someone actually started fighting back they got scared and ran off. Then I stayed with her and made sure she got home safely.

We're these bullies a pack of puppies?
Shes been 16 for a few months and is mature for her age*

Now I'm not saying she isn't mature for her age, but absolutely everyone I have met who is trying to justify dating a 16-year-old says that.

I remember being 16, and how mature my peers were back then, and I would estimate that there are a hell of a lot more guys who would want to date 16-year-olds than there are 16-year-old girls who are mature for their age.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Now I'm not saying she isn't mature for her age, but absolutely everyone I have met who is trying to justify dating a 16-year-old says that.

I remember being 16, and how mature my peers were back then, and I would estimate that there are a hell of a lot more guys who would want to date 16-year-olds than there are 16-year-old girls who are mature for their age.

Yeah fair enough but she actually is mature and we get on really well.
Reply 59
Me and my friend are both 19 and his sister is 16. We have known each other since we were both around 5 years old. This meant that I have also known his younger sister since she was young. We have always got on well and when she was growing up she did start flirting but I never returned it. Last week some guys were picking on her in the street. They smashed her phone and went to take her purse but I saw them and stepped in and helped her. She was obviously shaken up so I offered to take her home. When we got back to hers the house was empty so she asked me to stay with her until someone got home because she was scared so I agreed.

My friend was staying over his girlfriends and parents were working. We just stayed up watching films and trying to take her mind off what had happened. Her parents phoned saying they would be out overnight so my friends sister asked me to stay the night. I agreed but after a while she started crying so I gave her a hug and she was thanking me. She then leaned in to kiss me. I pulled away and told her she didn't know what she was doing but she leaned in again. This time I responded and kissed her back. Since then we have been meeting up in secret and just hanging out and having fun. We haven't had sex yet, kissing is as far as it's gone but we both love being in each others company and just relaxing watching films.

Now she wants to go public with the relationship but I don't know how my friend will respond and part of time thinks what we are doing is wrong. My friend and his family have been grateful to me for helping her but I think they will think I am taking advantage of her because of what happened even though I'm not
What do you think we should do and do you think what we are doing is wrong?

No.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending