The Student Room Group

What dictaphone?

Hi

I have had my DSA assessment and they have given me access to a scribe which is great! However I would like to have the ability to record the lectures just in case. Could some please suggest a dictaphone what will be clear (I am partially deaf) and not too expensive

Many thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by Beautifully Chaotic
Hi

I have had my DSA assessment and they have given me access to a scribe which is great! However I would like to have the ability to record the lectures just in case. Could some please suggest a dictaphone what will be clear (I am partially deaf) and not too expensive

Olympus ones are brilliant but mine was a bit on the pricey side , I think they start at £60 .
The one they gave me is really really good but I'm pretty sure it costs about £100 or something like that. They start at about £60, it's an Olympus one. Really good sound quality.
The ones recommended by DSA are really pricey; but they are good. Have you asked your assessor for a dictaphone?
Original post by OU Student
The ones recommended by DSA are really pricey; but they are good. Have you asked your assessor for a dictaphone?

Unfortunately they will not give me both a scribe and a dictaphone :frown: the assessor was. Wry keen for me to have the scribe when I met with him and it seemed like a good idea. But now I am worried I might misinterpret things if I cannot hear them on a recording. I have a meeting with the Uni on Weds might chat with them about it. Thanks all
Original post by Beautifully Chaotic
Hi

Have a look here:http://www.dictaphones.co.uk/Digital-Voice-Recorders-s/60.htm

I have the 650 model which is just perfect for meetings which I then listen to on my pc. For lectures I also have a directional mike which cuts out the background noise and focuses on the speaker. I have had these for 4 years and they are still as good as new.

A point I will make is that if your like me you forget about them over the holidays and they wont charge from the pc usb port but the batteries need to be charged in a battery charger. Apparently if allowed to go flat the pc is not powerful enough to bring them back. Or you can use a plug usb adapter from the mains.

Quick Reply

Latest