The Student Room Group

AMA - 18 year old british pakistani

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Helpme.
kool im on tsr trying to look at peoples ps so ye goin into yr13 any tips on how to start a ps?

basically start by typing up all of your achievements, e.g. organising charity work, any volunteering you've done, what skills u had to acquire and how it's transferrable to your degree. and then explain why you want to do that degree etc etc. there's load of personal statements on tsr, so have a look :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by samina_ay
basically start by typing up all of your achievements, e.g. organising charity work, any volunteering you've done, what skills u had to acquire and how it's transferrable to your degree. and then explain why you want to do that degree etc etc. there's load of personal statements on tsr, so have a look :smile:

deep when u havent achieved anythin in life and havent done any charity or volunteering :frown: , work exp isnt even transferable to the degree im wishin to do and there's only like 1 for my course lol :frown:
against it, because you shouldn't kill anyone. Only Allah can punish someone

Thats pretty untrue. You can even find punishments like death being given in the Qur'an for certain crimes.

Don't really have a question. Just wanted to comment on that.
Original post by IdeasForLife
Thats pretty untrue. You can even find punishments like death being given in the Qur'an for certain crimes.

Don't really have a question. Just wanted to comment on that.

Just a moderate Muslim with moderate views.
Reply 64
Original post by Helpme.
deep when u havent achieved anythin in life and havent done any charity or volunteering :frown: , work exp isnt even transferable to the degree im wishin to do and there's only like 1 for my course lol :frown:

go to town tomorrow and ask if u can volunteer in their charity shops! you've still got your summer holidays left
Reply 65
ask me anything, really bored

can i pm u
Is your loyalty to Britain or Pakistan?

Are you Muslim?
Reply 67
Original post by Helpme.
can i pm u

sure!
Reply 68
Original post by Rakas21
Is your loyalty to Britain or Pakistan?

Are you Muslim?

what do you mean by loyalty? yes i'm muslim
Reply 69
Original post by MrKmas508
Just a moderate Muslim with moderate views.

hmm, what do you mean by that?

Well, assume they were going to a non-nuclear war and the women were all going to make munitions as in WW2.. you'd make them for Britain or Pakistan to destroy the other?
Reply 71
Original post by Rakas21
Well, assume they were going to a non-nuclear war and the women were all going to make munitions as in WW2.. you'd make them for Britain or Pakistan to destroy the other?

sorry but i'm not answering that
hmm, what do you mean by that?

I was referring to someone saying you can execute someone just because some Arab 1400 years ago wrote a book that says you can.
Reply 73
Would ever own a dog, if yes which one
Reply 74
I was referring to someone saying you can execute someone just because some Arab 1400 years ago wrote a book that says you can.

it wasn't some arab actually, the Qur'an was revealed by Allah Himself.
Reply 75

and execution existed in Victorian times too - Henry the 8th had some fun with that. why don't you pick at that lifestyle? believe it or not nothing has really changed since the 18th century. people are still in poverty and capitalism is BOOMING. the state does not care about the vulnerable - just some rules have changed. people were burnt at the stake etc etc.
Original post by Rakas21

Bad example. If I was British Pakistani, I'd probably be against the infiltrators. Only drilled hard-core right wing individuals would not.

Are you British born? Which identity do you shift yourself more towards? I have known many British born Pakistanis who would describe themselves as purely "Pakistanis" dismissing the British title.

Immigration is quite an interesting concept, especially when it comes to the identity of their offspring. in your experience, how do pakistanis view India? (Or is it just another country in Asia).
it wasn't some arab actually, the Qur'an was revealed by Allah Himself.

I made a heavy statement against someone who didn't deserve it.
(edited 8 years ago)
and execution existed in Victorian times too - Henry the 8th had some fun with that. why don't you pick at that lifestyle? believe it or not nothing has really changed since the 18th century. people are still in poverty and capitalism is BOOMING. the state does not care about the vulnerable - just some rules have changed. people were burnt at the stake etc etc.

That's then and this is now. No one says they want to live in Victorian times do they. Fair enough if you say Sharia law was great at it's time and now we need to modernise And create strong,economically fortunate secular and equalitive society using the morals behind the Quran (law and order)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 79
Well technically Mohammed did write it with his own hands so... Back on topic I believe that it's slightly completely f**king insane to say you'd kill someone just because of your religion. That why you're here instead here instead of the squalid s**tholes you Muslims come from (90% of the time anyway).

**** off. You've gained some information from the media, who represent us in a negative light. we're not murderers either, do your proper research. and why are you giving me **** on a thread on student room? looooool go get a life.

Quick Reply

Latest