The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Freshers, does everyone go clubbing and drinking?

Im not a fan of clubbing and drinking id prefer spending my time in the gym for example or casual go outs, restuarants , cinema ,etc. This is mostly based on me being a religious muslim but im no deadbeat so dont get the wrong idea haha :wink:

Does anyone else think the same?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah me too akh you on twitter, nice to sort something out before start of the term
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Don't mind the odd club but I agree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Brighton Students' Union will also be hosting a variety of events that aren't centered around clubbing. These events will be announced from 14th September and will happen over the same Freshers' fortnight 26th September to 11th October. Depending on what campus you're on there will be movie nights, pub quizzes, games nights plus much more. These events will either be free or low cost, and either on campus in our cafe-bars or off campus in other venues. If you like Brighton Student' Union on Facebook (www.facebook.com/brightonstudentsunion) and/or follow on Twitter @SUBrighton then you'll be the first to see when these events get announced. Hope that helps?
Reply 4
Original post by CassieBSU
Brighton Students' Union will also be hosting a variety of events that aren't centered around clubbing. These events will be announced from 14th September and will happen over the same Freshers' fortnight 26th September to 11th October. Depending on what campus you're on there will be movie nights, pub quizzes, games nights plus much more. These events will either be free or low cost, and either on campus in our cafe-bars or off campus in other venues. If you like Brighton Student' Union on Facebook (www.facebook.com/brightonstudentsunion) and/or follow on Twitter @SUBrighton then you'll be the first to see when these events get announced. Hope that helps?

YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER! I thought id have to cocoon myself for freshers week for a bit lol thanks alot,
Last year at uni, one of our flat mates was religious too and didn't drink but he still came out - just didn't drink alcohol. If you don't mind being around drunk people I imagine that your flat mates would love for you to come out too.
Reply 6
I am a Muslim also and most likely would not be going clubbing either.
I wouldn't mind going on a night out or several nights out, but chilling in with friends is a good option too :smile:
I will drink a max of about 10 archers & lemonades max if i ever go out😂 and the last time I went out was bonfire night last November.. So I'll probably end up in a 'non' freshers related area away from the absolutely blistered students and hopefully asleep before them I'd rather the sleep than the intoxication, I've never seen the enjoyment ever & being legal has not changed it😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
yo bro i'm the same way, also looking for housemates now since i got rejected for halls so if your interested hit me up
Yeah! I absolutely hate clubbing and was a little bit worried about not being able to find anyone similar :smile:
Original post by amorsophy
Yeah! I absolutely hate clubbing and was a little bit worried about not being able to find anyone similar :smile:

Your profile pic leads me to tell you there is a fairy massiv anime & manga society at Brighton if you didnt already know about it😁😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12

Nice to see soemone is in the same boat! total of 1 friend so far haha

Original post by PandoraFoxx
Your profile pic leads me to tell you there is a fairy massiv anime & manga society at Brighton if you didnt already know about it😁😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ill be looking into this, need to find someone to watch naruto with haha
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah, I fully intend to join that :3
Original post by hayderm
Nice to see soemone is in the same boat! total of 1 friend so far haha

awh bless you! I've basically only spoken to the people I'm going to be living with, thats it, so hopefully there'll be some more of us that prefer a quiet night in :smile:
Reply 15
awh bless you! I've basically only spoken to the people I'm going to be living with, thats it, so hopefully there'll be some more of us that prefer a quiet night in :smile:

Are you living in private? And do they think the same as you? Would be nice to have a couple others that are like minded.
Yeah I'm in private, and most of us are we'll go out, but not every night, but we've got one in the house that seems to be all she wants to do :P
Reply 17
I'm a girl and I'm the same. Don't know what I'm going to do at freshers + I'm moving out.
Reply 18
Yeah I'm in private, and most of us are we'll go out, but not every night, but we've got one in the house that seems to be all she wants to do :P

Ahh i see well ill be in halls, hopefully we can keep in touch!

Original post by arfah
I'm a girl and I'm the same. Don't know what I'm going to do at freshers + I'm moving out.

Are you in halls or private?
Reply 19
Original post by hayderm
Ahh i see well ill be in halls, hopefully we can keep in touch!

Are you in halls or private?

In halls :smile:edit- I'm not going to Brighton uni if you think that. Just in the same position with freshers and all.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending