The Student Room Group

I've chosen economics a level and I've just been told its really hard!

I have chosen economics a level as economics interests me and I enjoyed and did well at business gcse however, I just spoke to someone who said it was really hard and not worth it (ocr). I understand that Economics is a reformed subject so the specification has changed but I really need an A at AS for the universities I'd like to go to. So was it a hard a level?

Scroll to see replies

No, it's easy
it can be pretty difficult to get your head around the concept of economics. I will help you brah.
Haha can confirm it's one of the easiest A Levels going, especially OCR which I did last year (AS)
What are your career goals?
Done AQA last year thought the exam was tough but came out with a B 1 mark off an A, with minimal revision as prioritised other subjects
Reply 6
[QUOTE="Protagoras;58792709"]What are your career goals?[/QUOTE

medicine/pharmacy or law
Reply 7
Original post by midgemeister7
Haha can confirm it's one of the easiest A Levels going, especially OCR which I did last year (AS)

did you do the a2? If yes could i ask what you got?
Original post by abcd12399
I have chosen economics a level as economics interests me and I enjoyed and did well at business gcse however, I just spoke to someone who said it was really hard and not worth it (ocr). I understand that Economics is a reformed subject so the specification has changed but I really need an A at AS for the universities I'd like to go to. So was it a hard a level?

'Tis child's play, just don't believe everything it shoves down your throat, it's just basic theory with a gazillion assumptions.
It would be good for law, not so much medicine.

Medicine you would need: biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics (and psychology).
Original post by Yousf
did you do the a2? If yes could i ask what you got?

Nah mean this year really, starting A2 in September
It's pales in difficulty relative to Computing and Chemistry (for me). I would recommend it, just make sure you put the effort in and you can do really well in it (at least you can on OCR).
Reply 12
Original post by Protagoras
It would be good for law, not so much medicine.

Medicine you would need: biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics (and psychology).

I'm doing biology, chemistry, french and economics. Maths and physics I'm really not good at and psychology doesn't interest me much
Reply 13
I'm doing biology, chemistry, french and economics. Maths and physics I'm really not good at and psychology doesn't interest me much

I'm not sure whether to do RS instead of economics

do history rather than economics .
Reply 15
Original post by MJlover
do history rather than economics .

I haven't done history gcse
It's relatively hard, but it doesn't really share much with Business. Thankfully, EconplusDal exists: his explanations of economic concepts can really help for revision (or, as was the case in my AS year, teaching yourself the whole course because your teacher wasn't actually an Economics teacher).
I haven't done history gcse

I don't think u need it. Just experience with an essay based subject.
For example, I didn't even do well with history GCSE, got a c grade, but got an A in my AS level History. I just don't think that GCSE history and a level history are that connected.
Reply 18
in a levels its easy, but at degree level its totally different and extremely hard
i believe in you! you caaaan dooooooooooooooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiitt

Quick Reply

Latest