The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams

Scroll to see replies

There are some spaces still left? Could someone send me James Handscombe's email?
Original post by xXxSharkxXx
There are some spaces still left? Could someone send me James Handscombe's email?

Yes! But be quick!

http://www.harriswestminstersixthform.org.uk/13/news/article/61/admissions-for-september-2015

All the best :smile:

Thanks, I have 3As 6Bs 1C though. However, 2Bs are getting remarked and I have extenuating circumstances :0. What do you think I should do? Moreover, Is there anyway I can get into direct contact with the head of the sixth form to explain my situation?
Original post by xXxSharkxXx
Thanks, I have 3As 6Bs 1C though. However, 2Bs are getting remarked and I have extenuating circumstances :0. What do you think I should do? Moreover, Is there anyway I can get into direct contact with the head of the sixth form to explain my situation?

Replied via. PM.
Guys I was put on the waiting list and turned up on Friday with my results. The headteacher gave me an offer on the spot but i have not attended any of the open or induction days so do not know much except for a quick tour I asked for. Can you tell me about your impressions of the school? Thanks nerd to decide by tomorrow .
Reply 965
What sixform have you decided to go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I read on the harris westminster website that there are a number of spaces available. My friend wanted to apply for the school however she missed the deadline. Is it possible for her to apply now since spaces are available or are they reserved for people who have already applied but did not have a high enough score?
Original post by Evelixx
I read on the harris westminster website that there are a number of spaces available. My friend wanted to apply for the school however she missed the deadline. Is it possible for her to apply now since spaces are available or are they reserved for people who have already applied but did not have a high enough score?

She can still apply now they're accepting anyone with at least 4a's even if they missed the application deadline.
Original post by alittlejell
She can still apply now they're accepting anyone with at least 4a's even if they missed the application deadline.

Thanks a lot :biggrin: she'll be very happy to hear that
Original post by ollie262
Guys I was put on the waiting list and turned up on Friday with my results. The headteacher gave me an offer on the spot but i have not attended any of the open or induction days so do not know much except for a quick tour I asked for. Can you tell me about your impressions of the school? Thanks nerd to decide by tomorrow .

I second this.
Hey, anyone thinking about going on the Iceland trip?

Because I'm kinda interested.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Braidednightmare

I am too, ive always wanted to go to iceland, it looks awesome. Are you doing geography?
Hey Guys, who else is off to Harris Westminster? :smile: I enrolled on Friday!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Soya.queen
I am too, ive always wanted to go to iceland, it looks awesome. Are you doing geography?

Nope

I'm in the same position as you, I enrolled on Friday (without previously holding an offer) but I'm unsure whether to attend the sixth form or not. I'm really nervous about the transition from GCSEs to A-levels! What was the tour of the school like? I didn't really get to look around. :smile:
Original post by Braidednightmare

Yes, I'm interested in going as I'll be doing Geography. :smile:
Original post by aish98xo
I'm in the same position as you, I enrolled on Friday (without previously holding an offer) but I'm unsure whether to attend the sixth form or not. I'm really nervous about the transition from GCSEs to A-levels! What was the tour of the school like? I didn't really get to look around. :smile:

I enrolled on Friday too after enrolling at LAE the day before. The tour was good. I was shown around the new 5 floors they were building. She also told me about how they had guest speakers come in weekly and "cultural perspective" lessons. It seems cool but I feel like I've seen more of LAE. However I think the environment would be great. What are your other options ?
I enrolled on Friday too after enrolling at LAE the day before. The tour was good. I was shown around the new 5 floors they were building. She also told me about how they had guest speakers come in weekly and "cultural perspective" lessons. It seems cool but I feel like I've seen more of LAE. However I think the environment would be great. What are your other options ?

The environment and vibe at Harris seemed lovely. However, I'm unsure whether to go there or not because I've never been exposed to an environment like that before. I'm also quite shy to begin with. My other options are: my old school's under- performing sixth form, Wallington grammar, or a local private school that made me an offer of a scholarship. However, the private school in my opinion wouldn't push me as much as Harris Westminster, and isn't that great. Where do you think you'll end up going? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by aish98xo
The environment and vibe at Harris seemed lovely. However, I'm unsure whether to go there or not because I've never been exposed to an environment like that before. I'm also quite shy to begin with. My other options are: my old school's under- performing sixth form, Wallington grammar, or a local private school that made me an offer of a scholarship. However, the private school in my opinion wouldn't push me as much as Harris Westminster, and isn't that great. Where do you think you'll end up going? :smile:

same here Im quite shy too. Honestly I don't know. If I want to go to LAE I need to go complete my enrolment tomorrow. I feel at a disadvantage not having gone to the open or taster days. Im leaning more towards LAE purely because its been there longer and I've seen their good results but weirdly in the short time I was at Westminster I felt I preferred the environment. I think I'll be up all night contemplating :frown: what subjects were you looking to do ?
same here Im quite shy too. Honestly I don't know. If I want to go to LAE I need to go complete my enrolment tomorrow. I feel at a disadvantage not having gone to the open or taster days. Im leaning more towards LAE purely because its been there longer and I've seen their good results but weirdly in the short time I was at Westminster I felt I preferred the environment. I think I'll be up all night contemplating :frown: what subjects were you looking to do ?

Hmm, I'd say go where you think or feel you'll do best. A-levels are difficult, so it is important that you're studying in an environment you're happy with. If I hope to go to a Russell Group university Harris Westminster is my best chance. However saying that, I've always said it's not about where you study, it's more about your willingness to study and your determination for success. I think I'll end up at Harris Westminster. I hope you come to a decision you're happy with, and if that's Harris then let me know, and I'll hopefully see you in September. :smile: The subjects I hope to study are: Maths, Physics, Economics and Geography. I'm also contemplating studying further maths independently, as I didn't meet the school's requirement grade. What about you? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending